Sign in to follow this  

Bought for third time: Unplayable Again

So, first time I refunded money at Steam by the reason of multiplayer absense and other things forced very many people to do the same.

Then I bought second time and send it back by the reason of Autosport physics return. I played Grid 2 for two years, made 2000 online wins, but Autosport occur unplayable for me for this ugly car handling model, while the new one, 2019, was really good - so, the solution was too stupid and destructive.

Now I bought at sale for low price... in strange way I found physics is OK, although it became more easy, than it was initially.

But I cannot play by the reason of permanent freeze even at 1366 x 680 (some similar) resolution and v-sync off.

So, I gone to Nvidia site and found there new driver for my 1060 card... Game Ready Driver and (GRID) in its name!

It absolutly didnt help.

What to say? Its not some technical problem. Its the problem of total incompetence of game team. It would be need to manage to spoil the game in such way after quite good, in this aspect, work for entire year!

No words. Death, total death.

Edited by LaPremierrre

If the driver had GRID in its description. It's time to update your NVIDIA drivers at least, as these optimizations are done before the launch of the game.

It is most likely a technical problem. I can take a look at the crash dump if you send it here and tag me 🙂 

8 hours ago, LaPremierrre said:

Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me twice, shame on me

Fool me thrice, I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

11 hours ago, UP100 said:

If the driver had GRID in its description. It's time to update your NVIDIA drivers at least, as these optimizations are done before the launch of the game.

It is most likely a technical problem. I can take a look at the crash dump if you send it here and tag me 🙂 

I wrote I've installed last nvidia drivers with GRID mentioning in title. What else can do player?  No crash, game simpy freeze permanently. Rippled picture, late response for my action, impossible to play. Also I/ve downloaded initial game version, it works well. Usually game works bad at start, then by updates developers make it better. But now we see some opposite. 

Edited by LaPremierrre

5 minutes ago, LaPremierrre said:

I wrote I've installed last nvidia drivers with GRID mentioning in title. What else can do player?  No crash, game simpy freeze permanently. Rippled picture, late response for my action, impossible to play. Also I/ve downloaded initial game version, it works well. Usually game works bad at start, then by updates developers make it better. But now we see some opposite. 

Always install the latest NVIDIA drivers for your GPU, not the one that mentions the game you want to play. Newer drivers won't remove optimization for older games except if these are known for breaking things.

There are hundreds of different things that could cause the game to crash on your system. The crash dump may be located in the AppData\Local\Temp folder. If the .zip file includes hardware_settings_config.xml, you've found a crash dump 🙂 

Here is a screenshot of a crash report. It may be from DR2.0, can't remember.
unknown.png

E: I've also moved this to Technical Assistance.

1 minute ago, UP100 said:

Always install the latest NVIDIA drivers for your GPU, not the one that mentions the game you want to play. Newer drivers won't remove optimization for older games except if these are known for breaking things.

There are hundreds of different things that could cause the game to crash on your system. The crash dump may be located in the AppData\Local\Temp folder with a name like ddmmyy-xxxxxx.zip. If the .zip file include hardware_settings_config.xml, you've found a crash dump 🙂 

E: I've also moved this to Technical Assistance.

You dont read what I write. First, 456.71 drivers are latest, and just for latest drivers they added GRID mentioning. Then I wrote NO CRASH, but FREEZE. 

1 minute ago, LaPremierrre said:

You dont read what I write. First, 456.71 drivers are latest, and just for latest drivers they added GRID mentioning. Then I wrote NO CRASH, but FREEZE. 

There is nothing that's mentioning GRID in the driver description... for me at least

Could you get me your hardware_settings_config.xml from My Documents\My Games\GRID 2019? You could also try removing it afterwards, as the game will create a new one if one doesn't exist.

Can you also get me a dxdiag file? Here are the steps to launch the executable. Then just upload the file here.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-and-run-dxdiag-exe-dad7792c-2ad5-f6cd-5a37-bf92228dfd85

30 minutes ago, UP100 said:

There is nothing that's mentioning GRID in the driver description... for me at least

Could you get me your hardware_settings_config.xml from My Documents\My Games\GRID 2019? You could also try removing it afterwards, as the game will create a new one if one doesn't exist.

Can you also get me a dxdiag file? Here are the steps to launch the executable. Then just upload the file here.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-and-run-dxdiag-exe-dad7792c-2ad5-f6cd-5a37-bf92228dfd85

hardware_settings_config.xml

DxDiag.txt

9 minutes ago, LaPremierrre said:

When does the game freeze? Could you remove the hardware_settings_config.xml and try a race without modifying any graphical settings? I'm trying to understand what kind of issue you're encountering 🙂 

The picture become rippled from the first moment. Also its hard to control car because response is late. Yes, i tried to play after removing config, it loaded optimized defaults of 1920, and everything was the same. May be, at lower resolutions it could be a bit better, but not much better, I think.

On 10/27/2020 at 10:52 PM, UP100 said:

When does the game freeze? Could you remove the hardware_settings_config.xml and try a race without modifying any graphical settings? I'm trying to understand what kind of issue you're encountering 🙂 

Here FHD example