F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Started a F2 season.........wish I hadn't.

Flicking through the solo player menus and saw F2 season option. Great I thought.....I'll have a go at that. Couldn't stay on the track long enough due to spin offs to post a decent qualifying time and qualified in last position on starting grid (those F2 cars are a bit frisky). No problem I thought as I'm new to F2 and trying to stay away from using assists it's going to take some getting used to them. However my despair increased as I had problems staying on the track for the FORMATION LAP and only maintained my position by being last on the grid anyway!! This doesn't bode well I thought as I sat at the back of the grid waiting for the race to start.....and I was correct. First lap was a total disaster so I put the assists on....and hey presto!...the second (driving assisted) lap was a total disaster too.

At this point I thought it best to end my F2 career.

Keep at it ...they are a little bit twitchy ...but great once you get use to them 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

It needs to be remembered that, despite having wings, they have nowhere near the sort of downforce that the F1 cars have. It's like driving F1 cars from the 1960s, very slidey and oversteery, I'm assuming to teach those coming up through F2 about advanced car control. Stick at it, drop the difficulty a few notches and ease yourself into it.

• Thanks 1

I stuck at it and finished the 6 race mini season.....and I've got to admit that I've become quite fond of the F2 cars. Will restart another season...possibly the longer one.

The qualifying system is rather quirky. You qualify in either pole or last position. No positions in between. During the one shot qualifying lap, a ghost car appears on track. Beat the phantom driver and you start on pole....finish behind the ghost driver and you start at the back of the grid.

Seems to me F2 is quite another level of difficulty compared to F1 cars :classic_biggrin:

If throttle can be difficult in F1, it is just a nightmare on F2 without assists (oh Baku :classic_rolleyes:) but in the end the race format is really fun. Having those feature and sprint races is a blast.

Can only hope they will do something similar in F1 in the future!

On 10/27/2020 at 2:00 PM, Scrogs said:

(those F2 cars are a bit frisky).

On 10/27/2020 at 5:00 PM, maxim650 said:

they are a little bit twitchy

Or you simply cannot cope with it yourself. There are always others to blame ;D

But joking aside, I don't think they are twitchy. never had any problems so far with F2.