Jump to content Jump to content

Aston Martin F1 Livery?

As much as I would like to see a F1 rocking a classy British racing green livery, I'm not sure how it would work if it's sponsored by BWT, which their main theme were usually a light pink.

The problem is, green and pink (or any color similar to red) is a bit of a tricky combination. It's very easy to make the car looks like an oddly shaped watermelon or a Christmas tree, which imo it's a bit unpleasant for a race car.

For lime green, I've a feeling it might work with the pink if it's balanced right alongside with the blue BWT logo. It would definitely stand out since we'll no longer have a yellow car on the grid. (Renault become Alpine)

Edited by DRT-Apophis
  • Agree 1
22 minutes ago, GnrDreagon said:

I'm curious how much pink has to be on the car. BWT is the main sponsor of racing point but I wouldn't be surprised if they are basically replaced by Aston Martin and only have their name on the rear wing or something like that.

I think you could be right, sponsors have been known to change the logo colour of the logo to fit football kits. Maybe something similar could happen here.

37 minutes ago, GnrDreagon said:

I'm curious how much pink has to be on the car. BWT is the main sponsor of racing point but I wouldn't be surprised if they are basically replaced by Aston Martin and only have their name on the rear wing or something like that.

12 minutes ago, DHM9 said:

I think you could be right, sponsors have been known to change the logo colour of the logo to fit football kits. Maybe something similar could happen here.

This could be it.

Though even it's tricky, it's still possible to have the green and pink/blue to work well together, it just needs clever placements and a mix of some other colors to balance things out (Not just slap a huge Pink/Blue section right on top of the Green background, that's a crime imo LOL)

Edited by DRT-Apophis
  • Agree 1
6 hours ago, DHM9 said:

British racing green or AMR bright yellow/green, which should it be? Share your thoughts and livery.

According with some rumours of the upcoming Aston Martin livery in F1 next season exists a few rubbish pappers that had been refused because there wasn't too much present the Pink colour in them.. so I guess that will be some kind of British Green with Pink colour at majority of the car.. ONLY My guess

• Agree 2
2 hours ago, Guga_Cyr said:

car2-jpg.408149
Peter Roche took a stab at it with his mod on RD, not my cup o’ tea but it wouldn’t look out of place on the grid I think... 

I downloaded this mod too, sadly the color combination just didn't work well for me even after awhile so I reverted back to vanilla. If there're some white and black mixed it I can see this combination to work, though I heard modding existing team's livery has very limited freedom for the modder so may be this is the best they could do.

Still an impressive amount of effort nonetheless.

Peter's Lavazza Williams livery's color combination is very pleasing to the eye and fits in the grid perfectly, can't wait for his McDonalds Haas because that one is another looker.

Edited by DRT-Apophis
  • Agree 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...