F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

How to Improve F1 as a title going forward

Some of the things i would like to see on next gen for f1 is

1. Paint Shop similar to forza or gran turismo to where you can properly paint a car/helmet/suit/logos and maybe and option to share with friends for league racing.

2. Option to pick exactly how many tyres of each compound to use for a race weekend...

3. A better button input system that doesn't copy the same button for some features... Like on the Thrustmaster TX 458 wheel on xbox two buttons on the wheel do the same function as standard, and can't be tweaked because it just tells you to bind it as both buttons are programmed stock to work as a double A button input...

4. Bring back Online Championship mode or work it into leagues and make the leagues more straight forward and simple to run like online championship was...

5. Being able to have VR support across all platforms in all modes

6. Being able to pick the aesthetic parts of the career mode or online car in a customisation section

7. Return to garage option would be greatly appreciated back in online sessions, as it reduces alot of time and alot of sims have a instant return to pits button... And we haven't seen it on f1 games since 2015

8. Better and more accurate track limits, as currently it's barely consistent or realistic at all.. One lap i go a millimetre over a white line and thats warning or penalty worthy the next two times i can hang half my car out and it's fine... Then vice versa the lap after

9. More accurate track models, so far in 20 we have seen a few tracks be reworked and edited to be closer to real life, but sadly not all the tracks have the same effort put in... Like spa for example they reworked one kerb, but didn't widen and flstten the exit of no name like it is in real life, they also didn't get rid of the weird hill like bump after the last corner apex and turn one and thats just not how the track is in real life...

10. Classic tracks if we had them as an option 7 years ago on 2013, why can't we get them or atleast the current ones used this year IRL on next years game as DLC? Logically if they started work on them as the irl season started they should be done by the release of F1 2021...

11. Better options for the MFD display like asking if your car has any specific damage, or asking if the cars around you have damage or if they have pitted or their potential pit window...

12. Being able to join a online session late and pick your exact car you want or need to be in specially for league events or

13. F1 cars tend to be very pointy and on the nose twitchy, i believe every car should be on the edge of spinning in a high speed section on default setup... Then allow us to make changes to the setup to reduce the oversteer instead of catering to the average person with the stock understeering setups because they can't handle how a real open wheel car operates

14. Better physics at slower speeds, i want to be able to not have to overly think about my throttle input, if you watch any sort of onboard with telemetry IRL you can see that they not only use 3rd gear for most slow corners and have amazing rotation but they also seem to only need to modulate the throttle in the first 30% or so then they just mash the pedal...

15. I want to be able to control my downshifts properly regardless if it wears my engine out quicker or not... I hate the fact that IRL (if you watch bottas's nurburgring hotlap) he can quick downshift and the car and engine braking mode slow him down at the speed necessary for high speed braking zones, so far in the 2020 game i feel like compared to real life you have to downshift way too slowly for seemingly no reason in high speed zones... In slow speed all is good.

16. Less reflective surfaces on tracks, sometimes on some tracks i need to tweak my in game brightness to be able to fully see the track without being blinded particularly in braking zones...

17. Online needs to be super stabalised next year as 2020 so far has left a sour taste in many peoples mouths with it's online not capable to run races without some sort of issue happening outside of players control... TRL Limitless voiced his opinion on it fairly recently too

18. Better bug fixing efficiency, i get that by making a title on many different platforms and millions and millions of copies, there is bound to be a corrupted file or two... But the amount of glitches found on this years game in particular is ridiculous every other patch makes the game worse

19. Giving a designated spectator the ability to control the VSC safety car and or yellow flag situations would be a HUGE help, as it would provide a human element in the races that an algorithm or AI wouldn't consider thus giving us more control in critical moments of the race

20. Being able to have better visual optimisation for the in car mfd, as at some pointd you can't read it at all (williams is a classic case in point) unless i have my fov moved unrealistically forward it can't be read...

21. Having a throttle, brake and steering info bar showing your inputs would be great, i know they added most of that in the last update but in cockpit view it's distracting having the same info displayed in the exact same design twice, my idea would be to have the info shown to you in tiny boxes with bars in them that reflect your input like in iRacing, or Rfactor, or Assetto Corsa to name a few.

22. Adding in an option to allow a majority vote system which allows all drivers to vote for restarts instead of making an entirely new lobby to sort the grid via the grid editor when it's needed. 

23. Accurate car models and sponsors, as some cars are missing sponsors in key areas, for example mclaren and their big velo sponsor that breaks up the large blue panel on their sidepods. 
Edited by Freakstyle
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Freakstyle said:
10. Classic tracks if we had them as an option 7 years ago on 2013, why can't we get them or atleast the current ones used this year IRL on next years game as DLC? Logically if they started work on them as the irl season started they should be done by the release of F1 2021...

This list will tell you which of the classic tracks you want can still hold F1 races.

3 hours ago, Freakstyle said:
23. Accurate car models and sponsors, as some cars are missing sponsors in key areas, for example mclaren and their big velo sponsor that breaks up the large blue panel on their sidepods. 

Unless CM starts asking for the player's birthdate in-game (admittedly, simple), this won't happen because they don't want alchohol or tobacco sponsors in the game.

First of all, drop all those "..." you sound as if the game was not good enough for you. It's a good game, has done some efforts from a racing perspective (Realism of tracks, car models...) but it's going in a weird direction from a macro perspective. 

I can relate to the lack of improvements on the online modes. As all the resources have gone to "my team" and some sort of "driver market". Frankly i have never touched this part of the game. I don t really find something exciting racing computers, everything feels is a bit scripted. I prefer the community side of racing. Having league races and 5 laps lobbies. As a consequence, lobbies are a tad more unstable and the amount of bugs can be quite frustrating, the sound glitch has been here for more than 6 months. Frankly it's not acceptable, they have been focusing on releasing new liveries and helmets (yoohoo so much fun, it s nice it really is but it should not be the primary objective) i get it it pays the bills when people buy those gimmicks with real money but at the end of the day, it does not save your community from quitting the game if it gets too frustrating. 

I don't understand why a campaign mode is such a thing in an era where we can have a rich multiplayer experience. I agree, they need to keep pushing on the realism part of the racing experience (that zandvoort layout is magic to race, absolutely love the layout model and curbs stiffness they have implemented, now keep pushing that part). 
Setup wise why have they deleted that Brake Balance feature where you could lose the rear, it was so much fun and more interesting when it came to tweak your car from one track to another.