Jump to content Jump to content

Wheel going limp in V 1.12 (No FFB and No Motor Control) midway through Multiplayer League race in F1 2020.

quirk50

You should install the W10 update. 1809 is EOL in a few days. 

457.09 drivers are suited to WDDM 2.7 and your version of W10 supports only WDDM 2.5

Also, make and model of motherboard for further suggested updates please.

Make sure you have the Fanatec in a USB 2.0 port and the Logitech wireless receiver away from it. I can make further suggestions once I know the motherboard make and model.

Ok - Thank you so much for your help.  To rule out any issues (and to make it so I can update my system, I did a clean install of windows.  Once I get everything plugged in, I'll send you the new file to confirm these updates.

@BarryBL  Need to report I had something very similar happen to me last night as this on Ps4. Thrustmaster T300 with open wheel rim & T3PA pedals. But Ive done a lot of races after 1.12 patch landed and this was the first time Ive experienced it on 2020 so Im hoping its just something random as we had 7 different drivers racing last night who dont usually take part? Not played yet since maintenace was done too. And it wasnt as severe as the 2019 issue. But made the car harder to control but rectified itself in a way.

• A detailed description of the issue. - Had a league race at Russia. Quali was fine, formation lap was fine. Then at the start of the race, knew something was a bit squiffy, rear end of car was very loose, I could feel bumps and the kerbs but not as good as usual but the steering was acting very strange not turning enough and no weight in the wheel, FFB suppressed kinda weird, like you was turning in too late but you wasnt. Struggling to get round the tight corners at Russia, got 2 corner cut warnings in the 1st sector alone. If I had to explain the feeling it's like the tyres were ice cold and the FFB was matching that feeling Luckily we had a SC on lap 4 so I pit for mediums and knocked frontwing up 1 notch, wheel kicked in properly when exiting pits and rejoining track. Everthing okay in this stint till we had another SC with around 5 laps to go, pit for softs then the wheel kicked in more but I would say more than usual, slighlty overpowered to what I know. We had 2 drivers that got DSQ during the formation lap in sector 1 and got sent to the grid to wait.
  • Platform - Base Ps4
  • What version of the game you are using. - 1.12
  • Ranked/Unranked/Leagues - Unranked invite only lobby.
  • Wired or Wireless Connection? - Wired.
  • The amount of players in your session? - 15 drivers & 2 spectators.
  • Were you the host? - No.
  • Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see? - Nothing similar reported by anyone.
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again? - Havent played since last night yet, but I will be trying again.
  • How do you make the problem happen? - Booted game up did two 5 lap races at Russia to test setups. All fine, made an online session for myself with a 45min practice and same lobby settings as our league. Did about 10 mins before invite came, again everything fine. I quit to main menu, pressed PS button and joined the lobby through the invite as normal. Just happened out of the blue. Everything was going great & normal upto the formation lap ending and the race lobby starting. Like i said before it was weird because nothing was different than usual, same host, round 11 of 12, never had the issue appear up till now when 7 different drivers raced with us.
  • Can you add a report code. - TVKC-XRXJ-TEBB-HBEG
  • Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session? - No. I was recording gameplay on the ps4 but it was being livestreamed on Youtube by one of the spectators for our league channel.

2 hours ago, Quirk50 said:

Ok - Now running 20H2

Motherboard is ASROCK z390 Pro4

UEFI BIOS 4.50 (you need to be running at least 4.00 for proper CPU support and there have been microcode updates since then, from your BIOS date it looks like you may be running 4.00).

So, after referring to the manual the 'safe' USB ports are the ones under the LAN socket on the rear panel and any case Front Panel USB connected to USB_3_4 (or the single USB_3_5 headers). Connect the Fanatec equipment to these ports, especially if you are going to do the v380 driver update and the firmwares.

USB3_3_4 & USB3_5_6 are USB 3 headers so can be used to connect the Logitech Unified Receiver.

The USB headset might be worth removing (any sound card dongle) or just try with the onboard audio alone for troubleshooting.

Thanks @steviejay69  Ok - I have Bios 5.0000 running now, and wheel and pedals are attached to computer with USB 2 Cable in header 3__4.  USB headset is now in USB 3 port.  I am attaching new dxdiag.  

I've installed the 380 RC driver, updated all the firmwares, including pedals via direct USB, and installed latest fanalab.  ....in my spare time.  I'll do some testing now.  Let me know if there is anything else you think I should check.

DxDiag.txt

4 hours ago, Quirk50 said:

Thanks @steviejay69  Ok - I have Bios 5.0000 running now, and wheel and pedals are attached to computer with USB 2 Cable in header 3__4.  USB headset is now in USB 3 port.  I am attaching new dxdiag.  

I've installed the 380 RC driver, updated all the firmwares, including pedals via direct USB, and installed latest fanalab.  ....in my spare time.  I'll do some testing now.  Let me know if there is anything else you think I should check.

DxDiag.txt

There is no BIOS 5.00. The version 5.00 refers to AMI Aptio V (roman numeral for 5). The BIOS you have has a build date of 12/03/19 commensurate with a release date of build 4.00. The extracted file needs to be transferred to the root of a FAT/FAT32 USB stick and use the Instant Flash utility in the BIOS to update.

@steviejay69

Thanks.  I used the ASRock Bios update tool, but it did not load a newer bios.  Where are you seeing that there is a newer bios than the one I have? If you could point me to it, so I can download it, I would appreciate it.  Here is the download page for my motherboard  which is the asrock z390m pro4    :

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z390M Pro4/index.us.asp#Download

image.thumb.png.b06901cb5b7c1ca8fc216b089912d49e.png

15 minutes ago, Quirk50 said:

@steviejay69

Thanks.  I used the ASRock Bios update tool, but it did not load a newer bios.  Where are you seeing that there is a newer bios than the one I have? If you could point me to it, so I can download it, I would appreciate it.  Here is the download page for my motherboard  which is the asrock z390m pro4    :

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z390M Pro4/index.us.asp#Download

image.thumb.png.b06901cb5b7c1ca8fc216b089912d49e.png

Click where it says BIOS on the Downloads screen

image.thumb.png.b22aa6e49ed7d286aceecc82f004d811.png

2 minutes ago, Quirk50 said:

image.thumb.png.2d1160e37dd4023621ab29fb6503855a.png

Ok - Got it.  So at this point, I think I am ready for some driving.  Should I use fanalab or no?

Yes, but there are still microcode updates in the 4.50 build, you have 4.30. 0xDE is the latest.

image.thumb.png.b91b787b3576c9e85423f9c1abb829ff.png

but yes, use Fanalab when you play to see if the issue is resolved.

3 minutes ago, Quirk50 said:

@steviejay69  No - It was my bad.  I left out the M when I told you before and the USB headers appear to be different, but its ok, because I used the USB3_4 front panel connector to plug in my wheelbase, and then pedals connected to wheelbase via RJ cable.

Thanks.

There would have hopefully been a file mismatch warning or somesuch in Instant BIOS! 🙂

4.30 contains 0xCA but it seems there are issues using the mod tools on Asustek boards to get you 0xDE uCode

Archived