F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Dirt 5 wheel support

Anyone confirm if wheels are supported in Grid 5.

Q&A in June;

Robert Karp (RK), the development director, Mike Moreton (MM), lead designer, James Bralant, social and communications manager and Chris Groves (CG), community manager. RK confirmed 

Can you go into any specifics at this time regarding multi-monitor and wheel support?

RK: "We will be supporting wheels. You'll also be able to play the full game on super-wide monitors but we'll have to wait until July to talk about multi-monitor support."

No news since. Any updates or confirmation?

Thanks

when will steering wheel support be released im not happy i have to use a control this is the first dirt game couldn't use my wheel from launch and i own all dirt games so im a big supporter of dirt

Takes the mickey that I can't use my wheel with this on launch. It's a cheap Logitech G29, not exactly asking much to have the same peripheral capabilities as the last game you guys released on Xbox. I've effectively paid 70-odd pounds for a game I can't play properly. 

Edited by Ragnarsty
Removed censored word

Spent $80 for early release and can not play the game. How can you release a game where I am guessing at least 50 percent of the players use a wheel setup and the $80 game does not support wheels. You guys have lost your minds some where. I want a refund so I can buy something I can actually play. All this after waiting months for this day and you ruined it. So while your sitting back raking in theCC reciepts, I hope you choke on that biscuit.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

How the hell can you release a driving game that doesn't support a steering wheel..I've spent £75 on a game to get an early release with no steering wheel access i am so angry right now...I've been looking forward all day to play this game and it's such a let down because of this ..i race with a wheel not controller :classic_angry:

• Agree 3

I signed in and got on your new release this morning and I've got a couple complaints, For one I cannot use my Logitech wheel and shifter.. I think the game tries to troll with this further in the game settings with their settings for force feedback... that is disappointing to say the least. On another note, Where are the voices/voice actors? I CANNOT immerse myself in a game that has no life in it.. In the opening cut scene with "Nolan Skies" and that other dude are supposedly speaking it's just text, gameplay footage.. Other than that, Silence. I will say the races have great sound effects but there's no soundtrack as well, when you return to the main menu you're greeted with more text, wind blowing and silence. Lastly (and this would require a future update) is the bots drive weird especially in the first race it just felt pretty arcade-like, that said I know it is NOT a driving sim and it's supposed to be more of a fun racing game I just thought them pin-balling of the walls and Not spinning out of control was a little unusual (but that's all) Overall I was really looking forward to jumping into this with two feet and fly around corners in GYMKHANA with a wheel and immersing myself, but for now without my wheel support on here I guess it's back to forza... 6/10 🌟

Edited by xSuprax
Getting my facts straight.
  • Agree 1

As someone who is an avid gamer who takes the time to be willing to spend extra money on games that I love and am excited to play. I find it frustrating that you would offer Dirt 5  for a higher cost for additional access and extra content but then do add wheel support? I would not have spent the extra money after finding out that the cheaper version now has wheel support!?! This frustrates me as wheel support would make my experience with the game much better. This makes me feel like your company is less concerned about their customers and more concerned about making extra money on us. In the time of a pandemic where I have to think about how I decide to spend my money, it really upsets me to encounter a company who chooses to rip their customers off. I would rather spend my money with a company who shows that they value their customers.

• Agree 1

As everyone else has stated, I am highly frustrated that you have released a racing game without g29 wheel support. I didnt buy this to sit here with a controller in my hand. This was a pure cash grab, and should have been in a disclaimer before buying that wheels would not work with the game for who knows how long. Obviously this is a Beta build as you released a game thats not finished, and it has some kind of memory leak that causes the game to crash every 4-5 races. 

-One unhappy customer. I really wish I hadn't bought this through a reseller and could get a refund.

• Agree 1

Hi everyone

I've had the same problems as everyone else it seems only thing is I got my wheel to work on the game but there is no feeling/sensation of what the wheels and or car wheel are actually doing FFB seems to be on full constantly even when turned of  in settings. So all am wondering is there anyone from codemasters actually going to talk to its customers and come to a resolution or are you going to ignore US..... wating for an answer  

LOL, nobody cares about wheels. Do you have any FFB on a controller on Xbox? Because it could be it. There is no FFB and then it's hard to support wheels I guess.

42 minutes ago, raygunX2147 said:

Hi everyone

I've had the same problems as everyone else it seems only thing is I got my wheel to work on the game but there is no feeling/sensation of what the wheels and or car wheel are actually doing FFB seems to be on full constantly even when turned of  in settings. So all am wondering is there anyone from codemasters actually going to talk to its customers and come to a resolution or are you going to ignore US..... wating for an answer  

It's just unfinished a bit, give them some time.

there's ment to be wheel support i read by the end of november thats not good enough every other dirt game has wheel support from launch what makes it so hard with dirt 5 to have it at launch and i brought the amped version 3 day early release wish i never bothered and like to say there's no car tuning thats even wors by the looks of it there wont be any car tuning at all so im about over dirt as a series so are codemaster's too by the look and feel and options in this game

if you went out for food and it cost £75 quid per person and it wasn't cooked rite would it be ok to wait for them to finish cooking it, I mean its its only the customer its there money sod them after they have paid huh

the wheel support is dissapointing I agree, but much much worse is all the CTD's that eveyone is experiencing on PC and I dont see any response from Codemasters about it? Thats a little worrying to say the least. Steam forums are full of complaints about it!

On 11/4/2020 at 10:33 AM, harrykx250 said:

there's ment to be wheel support i read by the end of november thats not good enough every other dirt game has wheel support from launch what makes it so hard with dirt 5 to have it at launch and i brought the amped version 3 day early release wish i never bothered and like to say there's no car tuning thats even wors by the looks of it there wont be any car tuning at all so im about over dirt as a series so are codemaster's too by the look and feel and options in this game

hope this helps harrykx250 

dirt5 wheel.PNG

yep im over it too no tuning is just as bad and the games boring only 2 pathfinders tracks as well it sux bad wont be buying any other codemasters games they made dirt for kids not adults its bright and boring like kids games thats all i have to say about it what a bland game by codemasters

That's strange. The game is pretty good. Graphics are awesome, physics OK, tracks great, gameplay OK. It's much better than I thought.

I also don't appreciate the fact the developers lied, and have gone radio silent about this problem. They did not warn us but were more than happy to accept our money based on their false promises. This is actionable. 

Oh by the way, i saw this:

On 11/5/2020 at 4:40 AM, Johnnnn said:

Consoles are the best place for the gamers 😉

John nnnn , I feel like holding summit with you, between camps, You obviously representing "Camp console. " and me representing "Camp PC"

You realize you ALSO could have used the logitech g920 wheel ON YOUR XBOX. (or, you could use the g29 wheel if you own a play station, Sony paid to make theirs incompatible with The xbox version. this wheel also does not work) You are gloating as though you are happy even YOU don't have the feature now. Are you cheering for them to REMOVE features in your games? its been there in every other dirt game, and there are more wheels out now, than ever.

If you had no desire to use one, that's on you. many people enjoy the dirt series because they enjoy driving, not just pushing a little stick side to side and pretending THAT is what driving feels like. (rumble does NOT do it justice Seriously, Try a wheel some time.) It actually takes FAR more skill to play this kind of game with a wheel. Not to mention it CAN make you a better driver as a fringe benefit if you play in a way that enforces realism.

I've noticed there is a certain type of console fan that feels threatened by PC Gamers. Its funny because the much hyped next-gen Consoles are running virtually the same hardware as PC's are, and give you the exact same performance as the HIGHEST END PC from 2019. That is impressive for a 300-500$ ready to go box. however Its kind of like someone who owned a "Ford taurus" making fun of someone who owned a "Mercury sable" They are the same car under some un important details. Consoles are GREAT for Casual Gamers, and by that, people who buy a game, just want to play the game, and move onto the next game. They don't take an extended interest in a given title, and want to experience more of it. PC gaming is for people who want Higher frame rates than Consoles can provide

Console people seem obsessed with the mis-informed notion that you cant play a Gaming PC on a normal TV, with a Normal controller. (in fact literally any controller, ps4, ps3, xbox 360-xbox series x) And now they are mocking because a developer failed to keep their promise and FORCED you to play that way? That seems Hypocritical . PC Gamers aren't satisfied with the canned experience they get on console, so they go to PC. There are far more options in controls, more options in monitors, VASTLY better VR, and more options in hardware and software in general. While consoles upscale their image quality from lower resolutions creating images that are not actually 4k, (that console players brag about as "Optimization") Pc Gamers want more image fidelity but are aware that it costs more. to go to PC. How much the quality of that experience is WORTH, varies person to person. If you don't want to buy a PC, consoles are fine. But they dont provide the kind of gaming experience a PC gives, like Clarity, the ability to mod games, and most importantly, allow you to NOT be told what you HAVE to play by those who provide your game box.. PC's have no platform provider that decides what you can and cannot play. Microsoft giving you good games? great, You don't like them? Go on steam. (Sony players : You can keep the epic game store, we good.)  

John, I'm going to assume your a SONY fan, forgive me if i'm wrong. I assume this because i don't really see arguments like this from the XBOX fans anymore, since they finally seem to have come to understand FINALLY, that PC gaming ISN'T competing with consoles. Sony people seem to love running around chanting "PC gaming is dead haha" . Reality check. Sony has been saying that, since the ps 1. Please find new material and stop quoting people who are trying to SELL YOU SOMETHING. To clarify there is no such thing as a "PC-Fanboy" because "being a fan boy" means mindlessly buying the claims of a manufacturer, and believing it wholly, and buying only from them. Its choosing a Corporation to root for. PC Gamers couldn't give two shakes what company makes the components as long as they are providing the promised performance. Pc Gamers are NOT Microsoft fans. because Microsoft isnt PC GAMING. I own zero games in the microsoft game store and dont plan to buy any ever. could change, but I cant see any reason to pay higher prices like a console player. Steam, Gog and many other places offer better deals and selection so, Yeah, IF there ARE "PC-Fanboys" they are not the people who talk up PC, they are the people who talk up INDIVIDUAL manufacturers with Religious devotion, such as AMD-Fanboys, Intel-Fanboys, Nvidia Fanboys. Components in our computers , i have SEEN there are weird fan-people, but we try not to talk about (or to) them.

IF you want to use a PC for its more advanced functions, it IS more complicated than a console. But only a little. Everyone can use an Iphone, they are made to be usable by even the brain-dead. PC's require a little bit more knowledge ideally, but that was always part of what PC GAMING was. Pc gamers take pride in coming to UNDERSTAND the technology in ways that allows you to make our computers play games better than any little pre-made box ever could. Its still that way today. You get ALOT of gaming power in next gen consoles. But if you arent averse to spend more to get a much better experience. Gaming pc's are historically more powerful than consoles. However, NEXT GEN pc's, improve by the same amount as next gen consoles. In other words, A ps5 might outperform everything but a pc from 2020 using the most high end parts (before the 30 series launch) but next gen pc's blow even the xbox series X out of the water by raw computational speed and graphical capabilities. Pc's by far and give you nearly unlimited options. Unlimited if you take into account you MAKE games on pcs. 

So heres my point.

Consoles are NOT "BETTER" for Gamers. They are BETTER for Gamers who arent concerned with having the highest frame rates, quality settings and options. Its for people who want to play a Canned experience and then move on to another Canned experience. This is the definition of "A casual gamer" someone who isnt living and breathing games, and who has no interest in understanding Anything about how their device works. (this is evidenced by how people think an SSD can increase FRAME RATE) They hear marketing speak from a manufacturer, and buy it lock stock and barrel. They never question if its true or under what circumstances a thing is true, they just believe as they have no interest in researching the deice they bought specifically so they wouldnt have to research a device. They are for people who dont mind being told what to play or what things are availalble to play. They dont mind paying for thigns that are free on other platforms.

Pc gamers dont mind spending more money, to reach qualities that no console can reach. PC gamers tend to be the kind of people who LIKE understanding how things work, and learning about new technologies. As evidenced by reddit history, Console users didnt ever think or talk about raytracing before they heard it was coming to their consoles. Most Pc users have been interested in the technology for 30 years, but till 2019 it couldnt be done in real time. Pc gamers dont mind little glitches hear and there, because it generally takes about the same amount of research, to find out what a problem is, that it does to pick out your pc parts to find the answer. You can get your games where you want, any game store, hell, If you know something about electronics you can emulate a nintendo, super nintendo.. I've got a bluray drive in my system i run my xbox 360 games and my ps1 ps2 and ps3 games through the same system.

Your statement would be correct if you said "Gamers on a BUDGET who have zero interest in becoming informed about technologys inner workings, are better on console., Gamers who want choice, performance , backwards compatability with even OTHER SYSTEMS, who want VR, who want the power to do things consoles couldnt dream of doing, and who want to spend a bit more to get a GOOD start, or the same as console to get an Entry level system you can build on later, Chose Pc.

One isnt "BETTER" than the other. 

What kind of "Gamer" are you?

Edited by SenseDeparted

I feel a bit scammed on my current purchase of Dirt 5.
Back in June, RK from Codemasters declared in an online interview that Dirt 5 indeed would have wheel support and I had no reason to doubt that and did not research the game prior to purchase.

I played Dirt 4 with my G29 wheel and was really looking forward to a more advanced quality game expected in 2020 and an extension of Dirt 4 similar to WRC 8 to WRC 9.
There is zero realism going from a wheel back to a controller or keyboard.
  Again, looking back the past few weeks, I see that the promoters for the game were very careful to tout immersive experience and driving controls but intentionally removed any notion of a wheel support option. I can only hope Codemasters does the right thing and deliver their word on wheel support for this potentially great game. Never seen a title go backwards in technology just to paint a prettier picture on screen.
Note: I also purchased on discount from Green Man Gaming and cannot have refund even though never played a frame so am hoping again that wheel support will be added sometime soon so can enjoy this game like the rest of my racing titles that support wheels. (Dirt 4, NFS Heat,Dirt Rally 2.0, WRC 8, WRC 9, F1 2020 ,F1 2019,etc...) Thanks

• Agree 3

Dirt 5 for PC Wheel Support is disappointing, I got my refund on Steam. I remember Dirt Showdown having wheel support in the Demo version, but not in the game release, was a big turn off and stayed away from Codemaster games for a while, and now I get another f*ing.

• Agree 2

so..sO...SO unhappy !!!!! I CANNOT UNDERSTAND !!!! WHY IN THE WORLD YOU GUYS WOULD RELEASE A DRIVING GAME WITHOUT WHEELS SUPPORT.??????? What are you smoking ??? !!!! give me some....I want to forget a lot of stuff. Wake up people smell the PROBLEM !!!!  I spent my hard earned money on this game..and I CANNOT PLAY IT..... DO YOU FOLKS UNDERSTAND THIS..????? *** !!!!!

• Agree 3

WHY WOULD YOU. NOT HAVE WHEEL SUPPORT FOR DIRT 5. DIRT 4 IS BY FAR THE BEST WHEEL CONTROL GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED I WAS A RALLY DRIVER IN REAL LIFE FOR MANY YEARS! I LIVE PLAYING DIRT 4 AND WAS SO EXCITED ABOUTTHE DIRT 5 RELEASE! NO WHEEL SUPPORT? AREYOU BLOODY SERIOUS? THIS IS A PRANK YES? NO IT IS NOT, YOU HAVENO IDEA! YOU HAVE TOTALLY LOST THE PLOT! NOW GOING BACKWARDS INSTEAD OF FORWARD!  WOW HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE DEVASTATED AT NO STEERING WHEEL COMPATIBILITY! THIS IS A PRANK YES? PLEASE TELL ME ITS A PRANK! OH MY GOD, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

• Agree 3