Jump to content Jump to content

Flexible Race Calendar

JoeBaldwin

The race calendar is always changing from year to year, with some tracks being moved earlier, some later, some tracks being dropped and others brought in. We already have drivers moving between teams in Driver Career and My Team, why can't we have some flexibility with the calendar from season to season as well? There could be a pool of 25-30 tracks and the calendar would consist of 21 of them in any given season - would pique my interest more if I saw the calendar for Season 2 and we had Monaco in August, Spa in April and the title decider taking place in a rousing finale at Monza!

I suppose they run into licensing issues with the Grand Prix names, the dates on the podium and such, but that would be a neat addition. I've been playing WRC 8 and it does that, at least in the WRC2 classes. For each season, a few events are swapped places, making seasons a bit different from one another.

• 1 month later...

Even if everything else remained the same, the names and dates shown in the graphics and the weather, the ability to change the order from season to season would hugely improve replay-ability in my mind. Going in the same order somehow makes it more boring to me after 5 seasons or so.

• 1 month later...

Archived