Sign in to follow this  

Autosport youtube videos

CM its great that you give copies of the game to certain people to review and make videos, so that we the players can see .

Could you stop giving the pre release games to people who cannot race.  

The latest video shows again some idiot driving around Hokenheim, I know he's only on career mode, But honestly he rams up the inside of cars as their turning, moans that someone is running him onto the grass.....hellooooooooooooooo your not being run onto the grass, your tring to overtake using the kerb and grass.  Then every time screws up the braking for the hairpin, gets over taken by the car he just over took.   He even rams some pink car, thinks its funny, then 2 corners later, he gets hit by the computer pink car, and starts his "whooooa what you doing buddy.....calm down".    Excuse me.....but if that pink car had me at the wheel, this guy would be getting wrecked.  

Scrapes and bumps are part of close pack racing,  but screaming into a turn too fast, sliding sideways into the car already on the apex, and using that car as a barrier to stop you going off the track is crap racing.  

If you make the game for noobs to play, its no surprise to me that you send it to a noob for evaluation. 

How exactly do these people get hold of your test verisons, Alpha - beta code etc? 

http://youtu.be/OdZuud3XnSg

I think most of them can though certainly the vids that are in the vids thread I created know how to race there may be one or 2 but I haven't seen those vids and I know they're not on the vid  thread

I wish they would release it to everyone as a demo. They could even cut it down to two cars and two tracks. I just want a basic idea of how the cars feel, especially with my joystick, before I decide to buy or not.

We send preview code out to press, we have no control who at that press outlet plays the game.

sorry, forgot to put the video on that I was referring to.  

LOL

@Loore  maybe CM should take more control over who gets the game pre release, 

its these people who are making youtube clips of your game.  In effect free advertising for you guys,  but you could have someone who can race properly and cleanly, releasing videos and then maybe people will not think its ok to nail every car.

Great to see the AI giving him a taste of his own medicine.  What annoys me, is the part where he has hit an AI, admitting to using him as a barrier, then 2 turns later, when he has screwed up another turn,  he gets lightly rammed by the AI, and says "whoooooaah  someone needs some anger management"

This is and was a mentality problem that is very noticeable in GRID 2.   " Its ok to ram someone and claim no knowledge of it, but its not ok for that person to hit back

I know its not under CM control, all im saying is I think it should be. 
 It is footage of your UN-released game after all. 

The only remark I have is that the 2 chase cams are too low. It's very hard to judge how far the opponents are in front of you. Would have liked that it was a bit higher so that I could just see what is happening in front of the car.

@Loore @Britpoint will this be addressed in the final product?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wtiCgjULZw

Bob422 said:
I wish they would release it to everyone as a demo. They could even cut it down to two cars and two tracks. I just want a basic idea of how the cars feel, especially with my joystick, before I decide to buy or not.

I'd have been curious too as I would like to know about the Ai speed but based on the open wheelers and my speed on F1 2012 I think I'll be fine. I compared my times at Sepang to the open wheelers in this game perview and they were doing times around 1 minute around half the track and on F1 2012 I managed to do the full lap in 1 minute 43.9 seconds and that's driving the Williams so therefore I did the full lap and it only took 40 seconds longer. I don't know how the cars handle though or the general settings although it looks like he's using medium so they can be slowed further if need be.

CM its great that you give copies of the game to certain people to review and make videos, so that we the players can see .

Could you stop giving the pre release games to people who cannot race.  

The latest video shows again some idiot driving around Hokenheim, I know he's only on career mode, But honestly he rams up the inside of cars as their turning, moans that someone is running him onto the grass.....hellooooooooooooooo your not being run onto the grass, your tring to overtake using the kerb and grass.  Then every time screws up the braking for the hairpin, gets over taken by the car he just over took.   He even rams some pink car, thinks its funny, then 2 corners later, he gets hit by the computer pink car, and starts his "whooooa what you doing buddy.....calm down".    Excuse me.....but if that pink car had me at the wheel, this guy would be getting wrecked.  

Scrapes and bumps are part of close pack racing,  but screaming into a turn too fast, sliding sideways into the car already on the apex, and using that car as a barrier to stop you going off the track is crap racing.  

If you make the game for noobs to play, its no surprise to me that you send it to a noob for evaluation. 

How exactly do these people get hold of your test verisons, Alpha - beta code etc? 

http://youtu.be/OdZuud3XnSg
Personally I don't think he drove too badly granted it's not exactly a smooth run but it's just as new to him as it is to us. I think his commentary was a bit dodgy but driving wise he was OK

Sorry but his driving is shocking! 

You can NOT bang into cars like that online and expect people to be happy with you. 

His diving is ok for career mode, But doing that online is not.  

Sorry but his driving is shocking! 

You can NOT bang into cars like that online and expect people to be happy with you. 

His diving is ok for career mode, But doing that online is not.  
well he may be relatively new to racing gsmes we don't know but if you have a problem then just don't race him simples :p

well he may be relatively new to racing gsmes we don't know but if you have a problem then just don't race him simples :p
He's not... he used to post a lot of F1 videos.

It may have been just because he was in career mode.  

All im saying is that kind of behaviour online, is NOT clean racing.  If you drive like that and consider yourself a clean racer.....your not. (Thats 95% of the Grid 2 xbox 360 online community)

If people would just take the time to read up on racing etiquette they might learn that barging a car out of the way isnt clean.  Neither is screaming up the inside of people on the racing line, just as they turn in, to apex the corner.  

All im saying is that kind of behaviour online, is NOT clean racing.  If you drive like that and consider yourself a clean racer.....your not. (Thats 95% of the Grid 2 xbox 360 online community)

If people would just take the time to read up on racing etiquette they might learn that barging a car out of the way isnt clean.  Neither is screaming up the inside of people on the racing line, just as they turn in, to apex the corner.  
I've learned to deliberately back off and take a funny line into corners in close-quarters racing -just- because of the ijits who attempt to use your car as a moving wall.

Then I'm naturally left with a big smile on my face when they get stuck in the tire walls and I'm free to slip past.

... and it's always the French or the Italians who do it. Always. >_> lol.

I agree I think sometimes though Ai can be a little over the top at least I think so. Based on what I've seen I don't think that's the case with Autosports AI. NFS Shift games can be like that occasionally as could Grid 2's. F1 2013's AI I thought wsa over the top too. I certainly think based on what I've seen Autosport is a lot calmer so hopefully a lot better  to race against.

Another example of complete noob driving.  This guy just gets better and better. 

Id like to see whats going to happen when this guy drives like that in online multiplayer....how are the other cars going to behave when this noob ploughs them off the track?  Can he plough them off?  Will it just stop him dead? 

This guy just loses all credibility with his lack of ability.  He cant control the car at all.  How can I take anything he says about Autosport seriously?  

LOL NooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooB 

<:-P

Great video.

This video just shows that codemaster should fire the guy that invented the blurred cockpit view. :ar!

Too bad that it looks that codemasters is doing everything right in Grid Autosport and just can not manage to give Grid Autosport decent quality cockpits. Very dissappointed that they only listened half to the community.

I at least hope they have put enough polygons en textures in to make it look a bit decent when not blurred. This blurred cockpit view should be optional, if not possible on the consoles due to memory restrictions, that on PC only. 

Looking forward to day 1 cockpit view mods on the PC. 

Real shame on codemasters that they could not get this done right. [-X

Another example of complete noob driving.  This guy just gets better and better. 
To be fair that car does look a massive handful - and he did explain that he's driving with an xbox one controller. Sim-based games are -not- easy to play with controllers. :/

But yeah, if he drives like that online he's going to start getting smashed off by people. He'll have to learn pretty quickly else he'll not have the cash to repair the thing :P

Shame that the majority of people that get the press-release version of the game ... can't drive. at all.

This could be a good sign people. A Kazzy pointed out, controllers are not meant to be racing instruments and if you adapt your game to them then you dumb down the SIM experience. The fact that he can't get a handle on the car to me is good, because in GRID2, he would be just drifting through the corners with ease. In fact when he said "hey, this is not a drifting car" I kind of chuckled, because he's right...it's not. If it were (like GRID2) then he would be P1.

KazzyMac said:
To be fair that car does look a massive handful - and he did explain that he's driving with an xbox one controller. Sim-based games are -not- easy to play with controllers. :/

But yeah, if he drives like that online he's going to start getting smashed off by people. He'll have to learn pretty quickly else he'll not have the cash to repair the thing :P

Shame that the majority of people that get the press-release version of the game ... can't drive. at all.

The team VVV guy and the inside sim racing guys aer probably the best drivers and are also taking on the AI at generally it's hardest difficulties I think can't be too sure I know Darin(Inside Sim racing) is using hard/V hard difficulties for his vids  but then sometimes I find to watch someone that's not using a wheel and is using a keyboard/controller as it gives an idea as to how the game will handle for me and for those that use those tools instead because not everyone uses a wheel or even wants too. I know I don't use a wheel because of my disability it's hard for me to do so. I use the keyboard for my racing games it's simple and works for me. Seeing as I generally play games at their lowest difficulties as well  which are definitely lower than these vids gives me hope that I can compete with it as well.

This could be a good sign people. A Kazzy pointed out, controllers are not meant to be racing instruments and if you adapt your game to them then you dumb down the SIM experience. The fact that he can't get a handle on the car to me is good, because in GRID2, he would be just drifting through the corners with ease. In fact when he said "hey, this is not a drifting car" I kind of chuckled, because he's right...it's not. If it were (like GRID2) then he would be P1.
Very true but at least it's good that he's showing you can still compete with the AI on a controller though even if it is more difficult on the higher levels

an other good video i found on tube..  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Ju31HCMx0

the over top of car camera shown here in freeze video should be gameplay view as it is in proejct cars.... L-)

an other good video i found on tube..  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Ju31HCMx0

the over top of car camera shown here in freeze video should be gameplay view as it is in proejct cars.... L-)
Whats with the crazy reflections/black lines/shadows on the windscreen always visible but most prominent around 1.22-1.25 seen it on a few videos now its annoying me
:)) =)) :((

mcnab said:
Whats with the crazy reflections/black lines/shadows on the windscreen always visible but most prominent around 1.22-1.25 seen it on a few videos now its annoying me 
:)) =)) :((
Reflection from the car interior. Guess they saw it Forza 5 and thought they'd like a piece of it too...

This is the video that made me go and pre-order
These guys know their stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIVTzkOfDmk&list=PL9jhFk9UVe_RuBdFreQ68r6YOGk-OSzDy

Heres their 2nd video,
wish i had a set up like him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr9w3p7KSaY&list=PL9jhFk9UVe_RuBdFreQ68r6YOGk-OSzDy&index=7