F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

State of F1 online multiplayer

The amount off issues with online multiplayer is over whelming. The fact it takes Codemasters so long to even respond and fix these issues is beyond a joke. For lots off ppl who race online and race within Leauges it's frustrating, I've never played an F1 title with so many problems. I'm not going to go over what the issues are I'm sure Codemasters have good idea. As it would just take too long. If this online issues persist I'm afraid this could be my last ever F1 game, I just can't race like this anymore which is a shame GG codies.

• Agree 1

It is the first time since...ever...I am 66 and I played all F1 games since 2019, that I don t buy the game because the online multiplayer is a joke (I could use a very bad other word...) I dont like carrière or my Team mode I only want to play on line with other players, do championships then since one year I play GTS and I am fully onjoying it with championships organised by Polythony or even daily races (a little bit less pleasant as some are bad drivers to save their rank..).

HI, I just wonder if you could elaborate on this this?  I have been playing daily since mid September on PS4.  Usually with about 8-10 people and we have never experienced ANY issues. 

I also follow a PS4 league owner's stream on YT and it seems his races are without major issues apart from some odd penalties during safety car or people getting penalised for corners being cut when they leave track due to accidents etc.   

I have now put together a full grid of 22 drivers and we'll have our first race on Sunday. I'm just wondering if you could elaborate on those issues so that I am prepared to deal with anything that may happen or understand that it is a known issue. 

You say Codies are aware and maybe they are but if I have put so many hours into the online game and not had significant issues is it perhaps possible they don't know of these issues? 

17 hours ago, MartinPadge said:

The amount off issues with online multiplayer is over whelming. The fact it takes Codemasters so long to even respond and fix these issues is beyond a joke. For lots off ppl who race online and race within Leauges it's frustrating, I've never played an F1 title with so many problems. I'm not going to go over what the issues are I'm sure Codemasters have good idea. As it would just take too long. If this online issues persist I'm afraid this could be my last ever F1 game, I just can't race like this anymore which is a shame GG codies.

They don't care unfortunately. You gave them your 70 euro's already, 
And besides. The monopoly they have on f1 games ensures they will sell however trash they make their game. 

For me FOM is as much to blame as the people in charge at codemasters. They let this **** go on and on and let Codies prostitute the name of their sport in this way. 

But all the while the people who bought this game feel rightfully cheated, They just ask you to vote their game racing game of the year. Like it's NOT trash 😂

It's absolutely amazing that human beings can disrespect their customers so much. They must think we're ATM's or something. 

Or bots

Edited by Bicarda

On 10/30/2020 at 3:13 PM, Bicarda said:

They don't care unfortunately. You gave them your 70 euro's already, 
And besides. The monopoly they have on f1 games ensures they will sell however trash they make their game. 

For me FOM is as much to blame as the people in charge at codemasters. They let this **** go on and on and let Codies prostitute the name of their sport in this way. 

But all the while the people who bought this game feel rightfully cheated, They just ask you to vote their game racing game of the year. Like it's NOT trash 😂

It's absolutely amazing that human beings can disrespect their customers so much. They must think we're ATM's or something. 

Or bots

Again I kind of ask for examples of what it is that you guys are experiencing that I don't seem to be experiencing. It's a pretty decent game, there's bugs yes and the pay-wall thing indicates Codies or their Masters at least (like every share holder in every company ever) is greedy for more.

But I really fail to see what in particular has vexed you all so about this version of the game. A month and a half into it I have not found anything that makes me feel I will never buy another F1 game from these guys again. 

I'm not a bot or an employee, by the way, though there is no way for me to prove that. Just really curious. 

EDIT on 02/11/2020 - Just to clarify, in case CM comes across this and think of this post as evidence that the game is perfect - I Have since changed my mind, see my follow up on the thread below. 

Edited by QmanXV
See my subsequent post
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, alp776 said:

It is the first time since...ever...I am 66 and I played all F1 games since 2019, 

And this gentlemen here in his, experienced years, suggesting he has played all F1 games since 2019... so in all his years playing F1 games he has played 1 (One as in, Singular) version of the game and I am supposed to believe he knows what he is talking about? Mmm, kinda sus. 

• Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, QmanXV said:

Again I kind of ask for examples of what it is that you guys are experiencing that I don't seem to be experiencing. It's a pretty decent game, there's bugs yes and the pay-wall thing indicates Codies or their Masters at least (like every share holder in every company ever) is greedy for more.

But I really fail to see what in particular has vexed you all so about this version of the game. A month and a half into it I have not found anything that makes me feel I will never buy another F1 game from these guys again. 

I'm not a bot or an employee, by the way, though there is no way for me to prove that. Just really curious. 

There's countless posts on this.. 
The thing is it's almost impossible to have a race without bugs. 

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/59279-the-state-of-multiplayer/
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/62120-state-of-multiplayer/
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/58588-multiplayer-to-do-list/

Here's a selection of some of the topics i made about the issues in the game. 

They are not at all ALL the issues. just the ones I found most glaring. 

All of these points they have been unable to fix for months now. All the while introducing new bugs, and even REintroducing bugs they fixed in previous patches 
(like the vsc bug) 
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/63166-bug-pc-vsc-bug-is-back/

I, for one, don't know what game you're playing that you haven't found anything wrong with it. 
Time trial is the only game mode that runs without a lot of issues at this point. 

• Agree 1

I've leauge race for many years, owned every F1 game since 2011, all thou I've come across many bugs within the F1 games I have never seen so many bugs and glitches within one game. And I too am amazed how these games win so many awards, I mean who test these game really lol. I too only play online and stay clear off career mode and my team, it's just not my thing and im pretty sure that where all the focus off there work goes into and they neglect the online multiplayer. When u leauge race and practice all week long to prepare and compete for leauge races and u run into so many issues it's so frustrating.

Some Bugs and glitches I've incountered so far on F1 2020.                              Drivers randomly getting kicked out in quali and before the race start, then u can't rejoin to after the lights go out. then it resets your race setup to default and if u use a racing wheel it will cause it to react differently than expected. Also players have experienced drops in frame rate when they disconnect and then rejoin. Also some buttons don't function as they should like look behind button also DRS is stuck open and why players still get DRS is broken and why this is still a thing I don't know ) Issue when driving under safety car which is so temperamental and comes out at the slightest of incidents, then under safety car if the driver behind gets too close then u will be asked to switch positions causing u to lose a place and if u don't u will receive a 5s penalty. All so why can't lapped cars overtake the pack to take there place at the back of the cue under safety car.) Driving under VSC not displaying correct delta time causing players to get a drive through penalty.) Lights not going out at the same time for every driver, there are more bugs but I just can't bothered to mention them all, I be here for ages. In our leauge we turned off formation lap and has helped with disconnections but not 100% proof.                                                                                                                                               

On 10/30/2020 at 12:03 PM, QmanXV said:

And this gentlemen here in his, experienced years, suggesting he has played all F1 games since 2019... so in all his years playing F1 games he has played 1 (One as in, Singular) version of the game and I am supposed to believe he knows what he is talking about? Mmm, kinda sus. 

He means since 2019 he hasn’t bought another title because of the multiplayer....

Never-mind, after 90 days of glitch free fun...I experienced nearly every glitch under the sun during an organised multiplayer race last night with a nearly full grid.

People being classified in positions they were never in, random and repeated yellow flags for no reason. Disconnects, gap readings stuck or completely incorrect...one qualy was stuck on 0.01 before we all just re-started.

FOM should be ashamed that they have their e-sports flagship represented on this ****-show. 

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

So we finished about 50% of our league season and now the game got stuck in the training of the China GP. We can't continue with qualifying. Great. Now we have to somehow finish the season manualy by using excel. Maybe that's the better option anyway because rain in every second race sucks anyway. 

• Thanks 1