Jump to content Jump to content

Better color management for sponsors

Haifisch7734

There is serious problem with choosing liveries and sponsors colors. For one sponsor position I can choose only one color, even if it's placed on 3 places on the car. Liveries usually totally don't match the sponsors and it's the mess. And if they match regarding the patterns, there are problems with colors. Example below:

I chose Xenon sponsor and Zig Zag livery. Primary sponsor goes to front wing, rear wing, and main body. Front wing uses secondary color, main body and rear wing primary color. How am I supposed to choose proper color in that situation? I choose blue color, I don't see sponsor on front wing, I choose white color, I don't see sponsor on rear wing and main body.

image.thumb.png.0ae2fafbeac317a8dba421a62307a23d.png

Similar problem is with suits, gloves and helmets (especially helmets). I really like the idea of choosing sponsors, I really like, that now on suits and helmets sponsors are also placed, but placement needs a lot of rework. Liveries, suits and helmets are really looking like they were designed totally without thinking about sponsors, a lot of overlapping, unreadable sponsors, putting sponsors on some funky patterns full of colors, where it's impossible to choose proper color. Also using same sponsor color from livery to suit, gloves and helmet, so if I have bright livery and dark helmet, again, it's impossible to choose something nice looking.

Also second thing, it would be nice to choose "material" of the car part, it's matt, metalic, shiny and so on.

Because I think that is the reason why those 3 example of blue color, even if set to the same exactly color, they don't have same color visually. Even I'd say, that none of those have the color I intended to use. I chose HSL 155, 240, 75. Sponsor is obviously brighter, even if I set a little bit darker, since I wasn't able to slide to 75 value, I set 74, so it was HSL 155, 240, 74. Then, those thin lines have different shade, and the thick line has different shade than both previous.

image.png.f701de15a499b5b2b11053d6df673034.png

Archived