What tires do I get for the race?

I have started a career with 100% races and full qualifying. In the first quali I got to Q3. I have used 2 new sets of softs in Q1, one new set of softs in Q2, and only used the Q1 tires in Q3.

So I started the race on Q2 softs, and theoretically had 1 new hard, 2 new medium (one reserved for the race, the other is what I didn't use in quali), and 1 new set of softs (which was reserved to Q3, but didn't use it). Before the race I tried playing with strategies, at the end I went with soft-medium-medium. I have tried to set soft-soft-medium, but the second set of softs seemed like they had a much shorter life, and in the race I could have only put on used softs. So why did the new softs from Q3 disappear? If instead I would have left a Q1 set of soft tires untouched, could I have used those in the race? 

In a more general question: exactly what tires do I get for the race? All practice tires disappear? What happens with the q1, q2, q3 tires, why can I get some of those, and not the others during the race?

what is your compount allocation?

You have 7 sets of tyres you can use during quali and race combined. depending of which allocation you choose, you got more sets of softs or of mediums or even hard. Maybe you have lots of hards and mediums left and just ran out of softs. A hard allocartion could mean that you only had 3 softs but 3 mdeium and 1 hard set.

I linked a threat where you can see the tyre allocation screen with the varoius options though there is a bug involved.

Edited by CS21
  • Thanks 1

In balanced allocation, when you start qualies you have 4 soft and 1 medium compound available for entire qual procedure. If you progress to qual 3 (having used the 2 softs in qual 1 & qual 2), choose the 4th in order of appearance soft compound and not the 3d. (The fourth Is the extra of Pirelli’s and is not available for the race).

if you use the 4th soft in qual 3, you will have available for the race the 3d soft as NEW. ( You will begin the race on the used soft of qual 2, having available as new 1 soft, 2 mediums, 1 hard)

In any case if you want to have available 1 NEW soft for the race strategy, you must not used 1 of the first 3 (in order of appearance) softs in qualies. in qual 3 you must use the 4th soft (in order of appearance). 

hope  I help.

ps . Excuse my bad English 

Edited by ioann977
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Csuvi said:

Thank you both! @ioann977 that's exactly what what I was curious about, thanks for the explanation!

But if you do not make it into Q3 you do get to use that set for Q3 in the race I believe.

GnrDreagon, as in real life, the 4th soft compound, provided by Pirelli to the teams, is available only for Q3 (it called unofficially “the extra of Pirelli”), and is not available for the race.

So, if you not qualify for Q3, and want New soft compound for the race, you must avoid to use one of the available first 3, for qual, soft compounds. If you qualify to qual 3 you use the 4th soft of Pirelli, and again avoid to use in qual 1 & 2 one of the first 3 softs.

Is the only way to have available soft compound as new (in race).

I m talking for 100% race mode in game, because is the only mode I use, I don’t know about 50% or 25%. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ioann977 said:

GnrDreagon, as in real life, the 4th soft compound, provided by Pirelli to the teams, is available only for Q3 (it called unofficially “the extra of Pirelli”), and is not available for the race.

So, if you not qualify for Q3, and want New soft compound for the race, you must avoid to use one of the available first 3, for qual, soft compounds. If you qualify to qual 3 you use the 4th soft of Pirelli, and again avoid to use in qual 1 & 2 one of the first 3 softs.

Is the only way to have available soft compound as new (in race).

I m talking for 100% race mode in game, because is the only mode I use, I don’t know about 50% or 25%. 

That tyre is available for Q3. The only rules regarding that tyre are: 1: They are not allowed to be used or returned before Q3. 2: A set of softs has to be returned by the cars who qualified for Q3 after Q3. So the tyre can be used for the race by anyone outside Q3.

• Agree 1

I thought that I understood the tyre allocation......now I'm just confused. All I know for definite is that I always start a (25%) race on red tyres and can change to either yellow or white tyres after around 6 laps.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Scrogs said:

I thought that I understood the tyre allocation......now I'm just confused. All I know for definite is that I always start a (25%) race on red tyres and can change to either yellow or white tyres after around 6 laps.

That's interesting. Mine are always black!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GnrDreagon said:

That tyre is available for Q3. The only rules regarding that tyre are: 1: They are not allowed to be used or returned before Q3. 2: A set of softs has to be returned by the cars who qualified for Q3 after Q3. So the tyre can be used for the race by anyone outside Q3.

You are right mate. My mistake. 

As a conclusion only if you progress to Q3 (and want a New softs choice for the race), you must avoid to use one of the three softs to Q1 & Q2. If you don’t progress to Q3 the extra Soft of Pirelli is available for the race (as new) even if you have use the 3 available softs in Q1 & Q2.

2 hours ago, ioann977 said:

You are right mate. My mistake. 

As a conclusion only if you progress to Q3 (and want a New softs choice for the race), you must avoid to use one of the three softs to Q1 & Q2. If you don’t progress to Q3 the extra Soft of Pirelli is available for the race (as new) even if you have use the 3 available softs in Q1 & Q2.

The game actually seems to be more strict about the specific tyre than real life, if I read the rules correctly at least. The actual rules just say that the Q3 drivers have to return a set of tyres of the same specification. Which I assume means they have to return one set of soft tyres, which one doesn't matter.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

The game represents so well and realistic about the Tyres and Rules.. what is in this specific case and doubts are easy to understand.. in Q3 all 10 drivers are able and should do it to use the extra compound gived from Pirelli it's called the Qualifying Tyres.. so at the end of Qualy the drivers have to return this specific Tyre used in Q3 again to Pirelli.. so you have to be attention when you start your Q3 what Tyre you choose.. you should always going for the last one soft at the right of available coumpond of Tyres in Tyre selection Tab

• Agree 1