Sign in to follow this  

Few suggestions

Hi, I wanted to drop a few suggestions/questions:
1) Considering party mode and all the engine modes have been banned since Monza, are you also planning to remove the fuel mix settings this year or it's something you will do in 2021? I understand it's not as simple as just getting rid of the lean and rich fuel mix, as for example, AI lap times in quali should also be higher if players can not use fuel mix 4.

2) About the calendar in F1 2020, would it be possible to have it with at least the exact same number of races (17) as the official one and with the option to sort the order? So far the closest option we have is 16 and it is impossible to change the order. Also in that case we should not have faster wear of the Power Unit components as it is in 16 races season now.

3) Some tracks need at least little updates. First example coming to my mind is Canada and specifically the 150, 100 and 50 m distance signs before the last chicane. They should be much bigger, like they are in reality. They are so small that it's really hard to use them to calculate your braking point. I know there is at least another thread about track improvements but honestly I don't care if a specific kerb is red, white or yellow or other purely aesthetic details. Signs you are supposed to use as indicators of braking point on the other hand are more functional than aesthetic, so they should have a high priority.

4) Considering the fact that in F1 2021 there should be the full F2 2020 season, and that in the official F2 2020 season they raced at Mugello, does it mean we will see the Italian circuit in the next game?

5) Codemasters should consider to create a Localization team. From what I understand other companies are doing that work for you and results are really terrible. It is clear that people working on it don't know anything about F1. I've only played Italian version so I don't know about other languages, all I can say is that it is full of mistakes that should at least be detected during the pre-launch quality test. I have worked myself for 1 year in the Localization team of another big videogames company and it is very sad to see CM games every year with such a poor localization. Most of these mistakes could be easily spotted and corrected in few weeks of testing by a team of no more than 3 persons per language. E.g. it's unconceivable to see the Bus Stop chicane being translated as "fermata dell'autobus". It should not be translated at all, yet it has been like this for many years now. Or, at the end of the race the Italian Jeff says something that in English sounds like "Take that tyre and bring it home" while he means "Collect the tyre marble". I could give many other examples, like Jeff saying that you are last at the speed trap even if you were the fastest, second, fourth or sixth, or the countless mistakes/bugs in the questions by Claire. For example, this year when she is asking questions about your rival sometimes the text is generating your teammate name instead, not to mention the cut or overlapping text scattered here and there in the game menus. In Italy you have many thousands customers paying good money every year. We deserve a good quality localization!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lenker said:

..the pre-launch quality test.

lol, what pre-launch quality test?? 

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2020 at 12:30 AM, Guga_Cyr said:

lol, what pre-launch quality test?? 

Well, they are supposed to do basic quality test before even the smallest patch, otherwise Sony or Microsoft can stop them from publishing it. So, for sure they do some quality test but it's surprising the amount of bugs they don't notice in the process.

I've never played any 2K games but I know they are doing localization and quality test by themselves. Don't know what 2K will do in other fields but I expect quality of the localization will be improved a lot next year.