F2 Cars

Any news on following items.  F2 Cars 2020 Version.  And next update.

Keep up brilliant work and 

Thanks for your tremendous amount work you do .

Ya know, I know some will complain there are about 30 other threads that pose this same question & the OP could have gotten their answer there.  However; at this point in the process it's not even worth pointing it out.  Not because of the post by the OP, but because this constant requesting of things like this is well deserved.  If we were asking about new tracks coming to this year's game I'd be singing a different tune about the mutiple posts about that topic. 

However, this is a situation that Codemasters deserves at this point IMO.   I don't care if we see a new post every day about it maybe we'll get some answers finally.  Sure, recently they said something about still being committed to the 2020 F2 cars coming to the game, but that's it.  Last year we got the F2 update in September.  Also far too late IMO.  Here we are in November now, the official season drawing to a close and still nothing of significance in the way of an update on the F2 2020 content.  Lack of communication.   We are 4 months into the life cycle of the game, 4 weeks from the end of the official season, and 4 months away from the 2021 season (hopefully) starting and what, 8 months from what will likely be F1 2021 next July?   It's a good thing they include this DLC package for free, because if not with a November release who would actually buy it?  Yeah the hardcore players will, but I'm sure many have moved on from playing the game regularly already.  Not only does the delay of this update ruin the idea of playing it as a season or single race, but lets think about this...  The main point to having the F2 content is for the lead in to career mode & for the drivers pool in My Team mode.  At this rate we're almost 5 months into the life cycle of the game before we're going to see this update; what's the point?  Who's going to really be willing to restart all their modes to use this content at that point? 

Really.. scrap the F2 2020 content at this point IMO.   Release F1 2021 at the start of the actual season with the F1 & F2 cars and drivers announced for the season as part of the original game and lets go from there.  I dont understand why they launch it with last year's F2 cars anyways.  The real season is already 4 months old by the time the game launches anyways.  Just give us the full 2021 roster of F1 and F2 when the game releases. 

Oh, and how about a REAL update to the ETA on F2 2020?   I love this series and I think Codie's does an otherwise fantastic job with this game; but this right here doesn't sit well with me.  I know, I know... Covid this, short staff, covid, licensing, etc, etc.  You can still communicate with us though.   Sorry, but this is a frustrating issue IMO.

• Agree 1

Hi Petro,

The reason we cannot provide a more concrete date on the F2 2020 at the moment is that we don't want to publish a date we are not 100% confident in. The 2020 update for F2 is well underway, however, our stance has not changed. Until we have a date we are confident in promising, the latest update is that the F2 update is very much 'in progress' and something we are working hard to provide as soon as we can.

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi Petro,

The reason we cannot provide a more concrete date on the F2 2020 at the moment is that we don't want to publish a date we are not 100% confident in. The 2020 update for F2 is well underway, however, our stance has not changed. Until we have a date we are confident in promising, the latest update is that the F2 update is very much 'in progress' and something we are working hard to provide as soon as we can.

Completely understood.  That's the problem though. With all due respect to the hard working staff you guys have; I feel it's just gotten too late now.  Sure it might breathe a little life back into the game for me when it finally comes, but I'm already in season 7 of My Team.  I'm not about to start a new one now to have access to the new F2 driver pool (assuming it carries over into My Team anyways).   I just think you guys should really consider having the F2 2021 cars ready for the F1 2021 game launch.  Just gotten to the point where I'm indifferent to it now & I think it's just a better overall game decision to have it included at launch so were not faced with having to wait to start career/my team modes, or having to re-start them to reflect the current F1/F2 landscape.  Appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing given the circumstances though; I don't want that to get lost in the shuffle here either.

• Like 2