Jump to content Jump to content

Realistic dog box and manual sequential transmission behavior

I’m a big rally fan and Ive driven Grp N Subaru in real life. I love this game since day 1. I had being playing it with a NeGcon controller with manual sequential and clutch override. Didn’t feel the hindrance until I recently upgraded to a full fledged setup with steering wheel, H shifter and handbrake. I like playing the game with max authenticity so I chose “manual H with clutch + sequential”. And the frustration starts... With cars that have a dog box in real life, clutchless shifts are impossible in this game unless I choose “manual H + sequential” option plus clutch override. But then you can’t stall the car with the “auto clutch nanny”, NOT TO MENTION the shifts are SUBSTANTIALLY slower compared to “manual H w/clutch + sequential”. Then there’s the sequential cars, auto clutch (the clutch nanny) is on for them by default and you CANNOT turn it off. That results an unrealistic manual sequential behaviour.  

So plz Codemasters, fix this in the next game and implement proper REAL LIFE rally car transmission behaviours. Thanks!

• Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...

While this would be a really nice feature, let's be realistic for a moment. It took Codemasters a YEAR from DR2.0 release to even get the correct gearbox for each car. In DR1 several cars have wrong amount of gears. Primary school level stuff like having the correct gearbox with the correct amount of gears is too difficult for Codies, so maybe we should no request anything too complicated.

Maybe something like, first thing first kind of approach? Try getting the rudiments right first, then maybe they could consider the slightly more advanced stuff.