Learning Curve

Hi,

I am new to F1 2019 and liking the basic game. I am trying to build up to using no assists and struggling. What I would like to know is approx how long did it take people to get the feel of this? I am using a G29 on PC so not the most high end set up but am struggling to complete a test lap without assists. Are there any tips people can suggest?

• Like 1

Dont turn off all the assists at once. Start by turning Traction Control to medium and while exiting corners dont slam on the throttle, just slowly increase it until the car is straight (in the traction zone) and then by then you should fully press it. Keep TC on medium then turn of ABS and brake assist. When braking for a corner, apply the brakes 100% and stay in a straight line, then ease of the brakes quickly as you turn and then after or before hitting the apex you should be applying throttle. 

Hope this helps!

Watch these vids. They are very helpful:

And also remember: Do not turn off all assists at once, turn them off one by one. Watch more vids on Youtube and most importantly PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.

i HoPe ThIs HeLpS eVeN mOrE

Hi all, 

I'm also new player to F1 game even I love it to watch and play. I managed to play with all assists for one whole season having tc set to medium. Now I try to play with abs off and full tc off but I have problems to keep at track going out from turns as throttle is very sensitive and you need to watch carefully low gears, specially 2nd and 3rd not to spin off. 

I wanted to know what is the best direction/way to start disabling assists as once I tried few laps with manual gear and ohh, I had to focus not only for driving but even for correct shifting. Then when I start thinking about right lane which shouldn't be the case but braking points are, definitely. 

So I'm not sure what is better to start turning off, I mean all assists rely on each other in some way so what is (maybe) the best approach? 

@AlkyUniQe the best direction IMO is to start by turning the brake assist to medium, then practice a lot. After practicing you will be used to it then turn brake assist off. Then practice a lot again. Practice is key to slowly turn off all assists. then focus on TC, then manual gears. Manual gears is kinda hard and when you arent used to having the brake assist and TC off it will be super hard to drive.

Here is the order to simplify: Brake assist ------>ABS (If you want to)----->Traction Control------->Manual Gears------>Then Pit assist, flashbacks,etc.

Ers management is fairly easy on this year's game, so you should turn the ERS assist off first.

AND REMEMBER- dont turn off all assists at the same time (obviously), practice, and have fun!