Are mods allowed in F1 2020

Hello everybody,

first off all take my excuses for my terrible english. I try my best to make it understandable for all. After roundabout 200 hours in F1 2020 I asked myself if it is allowed to use mods in Codemasters F1 games? And if yes which ones are allowed (Custom Liveries, Dmg Mods for SINGLEPLAYER). I just find the my team livries kinda boring and I want to actually try to design my own liveries, but after reading the "Terms of Use" I'm not sure about it anymore. I don't want to brake any rules. That's the reason why im asking.

Best regards

MRDReloaded

Well, i have been using mods since f1 2018 and nothing happened to me by using them.

Actually I have been using the dmg mod and sometimes I try others just to see how it works. The boring part is that you have to be careful about the updates the game brings when they affect the folders where you are using the mods. Because when you update the game, the modded folders (as far as I know, correct me if im wrong) are not updated and you stay with the same things from the latest patch/or by the latest patch the modded folder is.

Eg: When the performance patch came, if you had a modded folder with the previous stats even after the update you would still remain with ferarri faster than racing point in-game, but visually in the performancce graphics, they would be behind them.

Edited by Tomasslb24

you would just have to verify identity of files throughout steam then reapply the mod, if you use something like a damage mod you will have to download the newest update for it. anyway the game doesn’t let you play online with any changes to the folders so its all ok 

An FYI regarding mods and F1 Esports qualifiers by the way:

https://www.formula1game.com/2020/news/f1esports_qualifier_november

If you are attempting to qualify on PC please be aware of the following before you take part:

Please note that to compete in online competitive events, ALL custom in-game changes (or "mods") to the core F1® 2020 game are automatically flagged as 'modifications' to the game, and will activate F1® 2020's anti-cheat systems. 

Please refrain from making any modifications to the core F1® 2020 experience, as doing so will void your entry into F1 Esports.

tldr: using any mods at all will invalidate all your qualifier attempts.

31 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

An FYI regarding mods and F1 Esports qualifiers by the way:

https://www.formula1game.com/2020/news/f1esports_qualifier_november

tldr: using any mods at all will invalidate all your qualifier attempts.

No. Using any mods at all should invalidate all your qualifier attempts. Have a look al the TT leaderboards or the multiplayer sessions. A lot of cheaters out there en CM is not willing or is not able to stop it.

Edited by aartstyle

22 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

Mods is only on pc isn’t it? Not on console?

Based on what I know from other games, mods are technically possible on console but quite difficult and complicated to do so, it's extremely uncommon. The mods & its community we usually referred to is only for the PC side of things. 

Edited by DRT-Apophis