Sign in to follow this  

Road Sections Between Stages...

This popped into my head today and its certainly something that has never been done before in a rally game... im not saying it should be considered right away as there are much more pressing matters to be considered with this game... Its clear most of you want this to be a pure sim, so why not add short (2 minute maximum) road sections in between stages where you get penalised for being early or late into time control of a stage or service, just like it is in real life... also it might give you a slight chance to repair a puncture etc.... I know it does not sound exciting but it could make the game a bit more realistic and a slight bit more of a challenge to try not to be too quick into the next time control etc... Anyway, its worth seeing what all of your opinions are on it...

This will most certainly require too much time and resources the team simply do not have. Therefore no. Maybe in a future title this could be viable.

Nice idea, but if so it would have to keep it focused enough so it won't feel like open world.

But I'd say no. The focus should be on more tracks. Making something like this would take massive developmenttime & will be costly.

Yeah, I agree completely, many other things would require a much bigger priority... just thought id throw it out there

Hundred kilometers raods with Ai traffic? No way. lot of time consumes to develop. Absolute unnecessary.

I really like this idea in principle but don't think it will work in practice for the reasons already mentioned.

why not? Obviusly the devs have 1000 things to do before that, but it really exists and in all the rally's the drivers must do it to start :grin: 

Anyway, what i want 100% is the "before-start": Start the engine, wait for your turn, put the car on the line, start the 
countdown and fly!

cheers

I would personally love this, but it wont happen and is probably a complete waste of time to make road sections up to the standard of the stages.

It might sound fun but I think it's too boring and waste of development time.

I love idea of driver's repair between stages. Like wash the windshield. There is mostly 7-12 minutes time before a time control.

When I was younger I really wanted this, but in all honesty it would be time consuming dev wise, boring as hell and only 1-5% would actually use it.

Altough i really like this idea. Maybe it would be easier to implemented like this:
- Using already existing stages or snippets of them
- No Ai traffic
- Reason for these road sections would be to survive to service or next stage, and to make small repairs (or change tyre etc.) if you hace damaged youre car.

Problems that occure is that it would be weird to do it after loading screen, because it would then be like a mini game. Nothing against mini games (like in service would be great), but this would feel in my opinion just too mandatory task.

If you would have to drive to marshalls (like suggested in other pool) or little bit longer to a service without loading screen straight from finish line and perform said options then that would be great.

Yeah, @KickUp confirmed this would not be a feature they would be implementing: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/10108/good-interview-with-lead-game-designer-paul-coleman

enamel said:
Yeah, @KickUp confirmed this would not be a feature they would be implementing: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/10108/good-interview-with-lead-game-designer-paul-coleman
As he said, just play Euro Truck Simulator between the stages :D

There have been many times I would like to have a game mashup like that. DiRT Rally and Euro Truck Sim would be a perfect mashup, you could even play transporter before and after the rally.