Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's up with the forum? VERY slow!!!

ThanSkiddyMcCrash said:
The server that hosts the forum is having issues
Thanks for the info. The game is working for me here on the West Coast.

Yeh, Forum is all OK here and game is OK too.  Just the Dirt Rally home is off line to me at the mo.

That's OK @SkiddyMcCrash I just thought I should mention it just in case. It's no bother to me personally. But I'm sure you guys are running around like headless chickens trying to sort it. :smile: 

Is it that bad? I've never really liked any of the CM F1 games personally there not bad bad but just don't do it for me. I know I'm probably in the minority there. Same as I couldn't give 2 flips about football either. 

Barnestah said:
Is it that bad?  
Hmm, well, not that bad, but it's pretty bad for a PC release. 

The gameplay has improved a lot since the last game, however, the visuals are poor and for the moment there are quite a lot of glitches and bugs, especially in multiplayer. The motion blur, depth of field and anti-aliasing options make the game look frigging awful. 

The most accurate description I've seen of the game has been this: 

"it looks like they took the F1 2014 game and put Vaseline all over the screen." - it really does look crappy. 

I don't understand how Codemasters can have awesome devs for DiRT Rally, ones who make a great game and communicate with their players, and then have a team for F1 2015 who have so far been a disappointment on most fronts for this release. 

Shhhhush! Don't  say that. Some CM big-wig might come along and take our groovy Dev's.

Yes I must admit  I did see some dodgy AA on some of the screen shots. + am I correct in saying it's using  Ego 4. Specifically made for the game? 

Is the mobile stylesheet working for everyone else? Can't seem to load it here (Android 4.4, Chrome). Desktop version working fine (although ugly as usual).

Sorry Rodger, what do you mean by stylesheet? 

I have (ssl connection error) at Dirt Rally home page at the moment if that's what you mean.

Barnestah said:
Shhhhush! Don't  say that. Some CM big-wig might come along and take our groovy Dev's.

Yes I must admit  I did see some dodgy AA on some of the screen shots. + am I correct in saying it's using  Ego 4. Specifically made for the game? 
Haha, I wouldn't mean for that to happen! 

Yeah the AA is pretty dire. I do value gameplay way above video quality, but the video quality does give games that bonus immersion, so I'd prefer devs to at least make a good effort. 

I'm not sure about the version of the game engine, but it's been a big project for them, one they've apparently spent a lot of time on. They released a copy & paste job last season just so they could focus on F1 2015. Pretty disappointed really. 

Barnestah said:
Sorry Rodger, what do you mean by stylesheet? 

I have (ssl connection error) at Dirt Rally home page at the moment if that's what you mean.
Stylesheets are things used in website development to give a website a general layout per page. 

e.g. If you create a new page and link it to the style sheet, you don't have to keep designing each page; it saves a lot of time! 

So, he's probably asking whether or not the website is displaying in the correct format for mobile users. 

Cheers, seems to have reloaded. Yeah, it was displaying as plain HTML with no styling, like I had a version that wasn't linked to the CSS correctly. Hopefully sorted now :)