DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT 5

PJTierney

Click here to join the Official Discord Server

DIRT 5 does not use the forums in the same way other games too. Instead, all the chat happens on Discord and you can join via the link above.

The forums are only used to store information, for this game.

For bug reports and support, head here directly:

For those that want to hang out on the forums though, do so in this thread.

This thread is not for support/feedback etc., that's all done through Discord. This is merely a hangout area for our forum members 🙂 

Message added by PJTierney

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

You can do that here: https://twitter.com/ea

Ah, see, I don't use Twitter either. Or any other antisocial media.

Does make me question how much if any of Criterion is the original team now. They're supposed to go back to doing the NFS series, but EA has made them be support only since 2012. Most people in that time you'd expect to have moved on, like Rare when MS forced them to do a bunch of Kinect games no one liked.

I bought this game maybe one week ago and I'm not doing anything else. I waiting for my payment and I will buy handlebars:classic_biggrin:

I tested the new patch too and Elite 2 works fine now. Tracking of the trophy works too. It jumped from 5 % to 55 % so I have to do time trials soon 😄

Trophies in racing games are great. I didn't care too much about it but with racing games it's usually great part of the gameplay. PC3 reminds me how broken controller controls has it and maybe I won't never have it completed 😞

7 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

Trophies in racing games are great. I didn't care too much about it but with racing games it's usually great part of the gameplay. PC3 reminds me how broken controller controls has it and maybe I won't never have it completed 😞

You'd think after so many games and making it less sim oriented they would've figured out how to make a controller work.

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

You'd think after so many games and making it less sim oriented they would've figured out how to make a controller work.

To be fair, I didn't expect too much after everything with PC1 and PC2. They are talented for sure but overall they can't deliver complete product. I liked videos a lot, PC2 has great cars and tracks. So I tried. Before patches the game was very broken. OK, I waited a bit. After patches, it's relatively good and I was surprised. But after that terrible controls arose. It's the only thing I need to tune. It's like they didn't check Gran Turismo, Forza or F1. Every top-notch game has similar controls because it's good controls. They used some NFS mix which is unplayable with their very interesting physics (I like it most of the time).

They could add setting for controls to tune it at least.

Edited by Johnnnn
typo

17 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

To be fair, I didn't expect too much after everything with PC1 and PC2. They are talented for sure but overall they can't deliver complete product. I liked videos a lot, PC2 has great cars and tracks. So I tried. Before patches the game was very broken. OK, I waited a bit. After patches, it's relatively good and I was surprised. But after that terrible controls arose. It's the only thing I need to tune. It's like they didn't check Gran Turismo, Forza or F1. Every top-notch game has similar controls because it's good controls. They used some NFS mix which is unplayable with their very interesting physics (I like it most of the time).

They could add setting for controls to tune it at least.

Yeah, their FFB system for wheels is ridiculous too. PC1 had a super complex system that made no sense and none of the devs could actually explain it. Eventually someone in the community figured it out and made a tool that graphs all the sliders and what they do, and suddenly it made sense, but if you never found that it was basically black magic.

So PC2 they tried to simplify it, and it was better but still a bit needlessly complex with "tone" and "volume" sliders so you were suddenly messing with a guitar and amp. Then it turns out they had forces missing from the FFB that could be added in with a FFB file, but only on PC, so everyone on console is stuck with the half implemented FFB.