DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT 5

PJTierney

Click here to join the Official Discord Server

DIRT 5 does not use the forums in the same way other games too. Instead, all the chat happens on Discord and you can join via the link above.

The forums are only used to store information, for this game.

For bug reports and support, head here directly:

For those that want to hang out on the forums though, do so in this thread.

This thread is not for support/feedback etc., that's all done through Discord. This is merely a hangout area for our forum members 🙂 

Message added by PJTierney

5 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

LOL, Troy Baker and Nolan North? Not a chance for me, can't imagine Joel and Drake in Dirt 5, sorry 😄

Actually also the Drake brothers 😛 

Not going to speak to how it is in D5, but come on guys, voice actors, it's their job, they do, voices! and that means different voices/personas.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, gfRally said:

Oh god SLAPTRAIN????????????  Can I turn voice off now?   @JZStudios I don't know who this other guy is, but is he just another YouTuber?

Back to D2, the banter during a race was a little corny but I easily ignored it.  At least those guys all raced for a living, and who doesn't like Travis Pastrana, crazy, but seems like a decent guy.  

I am just going to try to shut up from here on until I see some in game racing videos before I make any further judgements.  Everyone has thier likes/dislikes when it comes to who they can tolerate.  I watch Hoonigan Garage, MIghty Car Mods, and channel called Subi Performance - a German guy that gets way excited about precision engine building.   

What guy? Donut Media or Nolan North? Nolan North is a big name voice actor, he's in pretty much everything along with Troy Baker (The other guy in the video) and Yuri Lowenthaal. I'm sure they'll do a fine job, but... why?

As to Donut Media...

In any case, the Hoonigan guys are mostly relaxed, though they can get hyped up. The MCM guys are mostly normal guys that just mess around with each other, they don't have annoying voices or overly hyped personas like "Let's send it! HOLY.... CHIIT!" Slaptrain. I'd 100% prefer a deal with MCM. Also if you're interested, I highly recommend Grind Hard Plumbing Co. (Not a plumbing company) on YouTube.

2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Not going to speak to how it is in D5, but come on guys, voice actors, it's their job, they do, voices! and that means different voices/personas.

Doesn't mean I'll be able to take Uncle Noly seriously. And whether or not they're any good at VO doesn't typically affect the most likely terrible script.

6 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Actually also the Drake brothers 😛

Yeah, it's crazy 😄 I didn't know they are so popular. Good thing for me is I played Uncharted and The last of us only. I remember I couldn't play Dragon age because of it... but the game was bad for me too.

Still, if Dirt 5 will be first 120 FPS game, I will buy. But I trust MS and hope they will update Horizon and Motorsport sooner. Who knows.

And PC3 really looks less serious than before according to previews.

1 hour ago, Johnnnn said:

Still, if Dirt 5 will be first 120 FPS game, I will buy. But I trust MS and hope they will update Horizon and Motorsport sooner. Who knows.

What?

9 hours ago, JZStudios said:

What?

Dirt 5 is first 120 FPS game I know about. But I guess MS will update their flagships first. Both MS games have 60 and new Xbox should be able to double it according their info.

PC games have been going above 120 for a quite a while, but DIRT 5 is the first major title to do so on console.

Forza can get well above 60 on PC too by the way, but they scale it back on Xbox due to the older hardware.

Yeah, but who cares about PC, it's minor market.

If Dirt will be first, I could buy it even if the gameplay doesn't look good to me. Still hope MS will do it first. Who knows what will happen. This year will be very interesting.

23 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

🤦‍♂️

8 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

Dirt 5 is first 120 FPS game I know about. But I guess MS will update their flagships first. Both MS games have 60 and new Xbox should be able to double it according their info.

Ohhh, on console. Okay, sure. I was confused because Dirt 2 supports 144.

7 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

If Dirt will be first, I could buy it even if the gameplay doesn't look good to me. Still hope MS will do it first. Who knows what will happen. This year will be very interesting.

Yeah, that's why it's growing rapidly and MS and Sony are pushing into the PC market.

Buying a game simply because it has a high framerate seems rather... dumb. You'd still need a TV capable of 120hz, of which the vast majority are only 60, especially at 4k.

21 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Ohhh, on console. Okay, sure. I was confused because Dirt 2 supports 144.

Yeah, that's why it's growing rapidly and MS and Sony are pushing into the PC market.

Buying a game simply because it has a high framerate seems rather... dumb. You'd still need a TV capable of 120hz, of which the vast majority are only 60, especially at 4k.

Sure, I was playing at 100+ before started with consoles.

No, PC market is not good for games. Consoles are much better. MS has small gaming busines and big PC business, that's why MS is there. Sony doesn't care too much. Why Rockstar games always starts with biggest brands with consoles only?

Who would play on a TV? I always played on gaming monitors. It's not dumb, it's OK if you are fast. Slow people are OK with 30 FPS slideshow but I can't imagine that. 60 FPS was standard on consoles 20 years ago so it's time to speed up a little.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 2

10 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

PC market is not good for games. Consoles are much better.

That's an argument that could burn the whole forum down 😄 

Console and PC both have their benefits, whether it be ease of use, price, customisability etc.

The reason publishers and developers sometimes prioritise console is simple: more players that they can potentially reach.

3 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

Sure, I was playing at 100+ before started with consoles.

No, PC market is not good for games. Consoles are much better. MS has small gaming busines and big PC business, that's why MS is there. Sony doesn't care too much. Why Rockstar games always starts with biggest brands with consoles only?

Who would play on a TV? I always played on gaming monitors. It's not dumb, it's OK if you are fast. Slow people are OK with 30 FPS slideshow but I can't imagine that. 60 FPS was standard on consoles 20 years ago so it's time to speed up a little.

Sony is literally porting over some of their big name exclusives, and long time console exclusives have had PC ports that sold well, which in turn led to them releasing more of their games on PC. PC is also a growing market, which spurred the ports in the first place. You're simply not being factual.

Rockstar recently has been putting much more effort into the PC ports than the consoles. There's also a bunch of games that start on PC before moving over to console.

Who would play on a TV? The vast majority of people who play on console.

All I can say is I'm hyped for this. I understand lots of people want more gameplay videos and focus on the content, but D5 is trying to give you an experience. And the idea of the big bios behind the characters, the podcast interviews throughout the career, the energy all of the VAs are injecting into the game, and the sense that you're a newbie breaking into this big and awesome scene is what is really going to help sell that experience.

We'll get plenty of gameplay clips closer to launch, and sure I want to see how good the wheel support is, but these videos are getting me more hyped and excited. It's bringing back that energy I used to get back in high school when a new game was getting ready to launch and you want to just explore all of that new content. This might finally be the game that can fill the D3 void I was left with. Rally has been a blast, but something about those older titles just helped create this sense of awesomeness you were a part of. All I can pray for is a killer MP portion that fully embraces freeroaming with friends in awesome compounds, cool as hell custom races with full lobbies, and fun party modes to mess around with other drivers until the wee hours of the morning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

All I can say is I'm hyped for this. I understand lots of people want more gameplay videos and focus on the content, but D5 is trying to give you an experience. And the idea of the big bios behind the characters, the podcast interviews throughout the career, the energy all of the VAs are injecting into the game, and the sense that you're a newbie breaking into this big and awesome scene is what is really going to help sell that experience.

None of that is new though, it's been done lots of times in other racing games, and it's always been boring or laughably dumb at best, or super obnoxious. NFS 2015 seems like it did a lot of that too.

Track looks pretty wide for rallycross, even compared to the older titles, though the physics look about the same.

20 hours ago, JZStudios said:

None of that is new though, it's been done lots of times in other racing games, and it's always been boring or laughably dumb at best, or super obnoxious. NFS 2015 seems like it did a lot of that too.

You don't understand other peoples opinions, do you?

Posted (edited)

I hope this video is with all assist on cause it looks too arcade...

Also this capture must be in current gen.... 

Cockpit view must be in game as in first trailer is shown multiple times... Probably its not ready yet... 

Edited by Miatakias_GR

Bear in mind this is 4 months before launch. Lots of polish will happen between now and then.