Jump to content Jump to content

Bahrain outer circuit is in the game!!!

47 minutes ago, DRT-Apophis said:

Might not even rendered properly and with no proper collision, and then there's the whole licensing issue from the F1 officials themselves, usually not as simple as we wanted to be.

I do understand the collision model and the AI. But do you have any proof of the whole licensing issue from the F1 officials?

20 minutes ago, TimeShot said:

I do understand the collision model and the AI. But do you have any proof of the whole licensing issue from the F1 officials?

No and the ones that will have a proof are only CM and F1 officials but c'mon man there was so many threads about this topic..we don't need another one the new circuit or new layout of the existing circuit will not be added due to licesing issues which are that cm can make only origin f1 2020 season in to the game and not the new on end of the story

12 hours ago, ZtwoA said:

No and the ones that will have a proof are only CM and F1 officials but c'mon man there was so many threads about this topic..we don't need another one the new circuit or new layout of the existing circuit will not be added due to licesing issues which are that cm can make only origin f1 2020 season in to the game and not the new on end of the story

Bahrain short, Suzuka short, COTA short and Silverstone short aren’t on the 2020 calendar too, but they are in the game.

I do understand why Mugello, Portimao, Istanbul, Nurburgring and Imola aren’t in the game; because of licenses. But the layout is clearly in the game, so CM has a license for the outer track I think.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, RemWal96 said:

Bahrain short, Suzuka short, COTA short and Silverstone short aren’t on the 2020 calendar too, but they are in the game.

I do understand why Mugello, Portimao, Istanbul, Nurburgring and Imola aren’t in the game; because of licenses. But the layout is clearly in the game, so CM has a license for the outer track I think.

Probably not. Considering every different layout in real life also needs a specific FIA license I assume the same thing goes for the game. Not to mention it's going to cost a lot of development time to create those circuits.

21 hours ago, GnrDreagon said:

Probably not. Considering every different layout in real life also needs a specific FIA license I assume the same thing goes for the game. Not to mention it's going to cost a lot of development time to create those circuits.

are they?
I can't remember any racing category ever driven on the COTA short track variant.
Does the short track ever had any FIA license?

5 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

are they?
I can't remember any racing category ever driven on the COTA short track variant.
Does the short track ever had any FIA license?

The circuit gets the Grade 1 certification (actually from the country's own host motorsport body) and the FIA accept their grading as meeting Grade 1 standards.

The layouts have to meet the specification of a Grand Prix circuit, i.e. minimum length of 3.5km / lap, so some variants are OK (Bahrain)

CoTA has a 3.7km 'National' layout but it's not certified and it's nothing like the CoTA Short in the F1 games. Neither is Silverstone Short an 'official' configuration (it's recognised as International / Southern, most alternate layouts are the National) and Suzuka Short is Suzuka East and it's too short for F1.