Sign in to follow this  

Ford GT40 MK1 Vs Mont Tremblant // Gameplay Trailer

Great video! I love the cars and the sounds of it. Track looks very nice as well :D What's great to see is when lap 3 is started and the player hits the car in front , that it is actually the player who loses control of has to correct the car. It can certainly benefit online races as well.

Few questions I have:

Why is there no tirewear in this endurance race?

Will these cars be able to have full liveries offline and online (club liveries)?

Will the chasecam be adjusted? It's almost impossible to drive properly because the chasecam is too low. Cars in front can be easily touched because you can't see how far/close your rival is.

@Loore @Britpoint I hope one of you guys will be able to answer this.

Awesome looks great,

@P308R dont think that was endurance it was just a 3 lap GT40 cup race

@Loore was that all assists off??

It's not done as an Endurance race it's just a standard race.

Cars in 'cups' have a selection of specific cup liveries to choose from in single player.

In multiplayer you can put your own livery on it, whether that's an individual one or your club.

Will pass on your feedback about chase cam.

@Loore So in GT40, MINI or Atom cups, you don't have your team's livery?

That track looks well fun to drive!

I take it that it'll also be well-used for touring cars and open-wheelers? ;)

Loore said:
It's not done as an Endurance race it's just a standard race.

Cars in 'cups' have a selection of specific cup liveries to choose from in single player.

In multiplayer you can put your own livery on it, whether that's an individual one or your club.

Will pass on your feedback about chase cam.

Thanks @Loore‌ :) The chase cams you had in TOCA Racedriver on PS2 were great!

yeah looked a good race not a win but a podium is still always a nice result looking forward to my first race on the game already

The GT40 sounds way too cutesy :( Too smooth, and not "bassy" enough. As I remember, the Ford GT40s were well known for having a deep, guttural roar at mid-high revs.

The GT40 sounds way too cutesy :( Too smooth, and not "bassy" enough. As I remember, the Ford GT40s were well known for having a deep, guttural roar at mid-high revs.
Yeah, that engine sounds too high pitched to be a V8. Compare the video to this:

http://youtu.be/KEGUwvBG3rQ

I could be wrong and I probably am but I always thought CM took the sound from the cars they're modelled on or if they can't gain access to the cars themselves then they take sound samples from elsewhere

They have plenty of V8 sounds from the Pro and Classic muscle categories in GRID, and the Trophy Trucks from DIRT 1 and 2.

Admittedly they are more like bassy growls than throaty, rough rawrs, but even so.

Nice video! Those youtube comments are depressing though. Quite amazing that people are saying the handling is the same as Grid 2 even though they aren't the ones controlling the car. That's the internet for ya!!

Nice video! Those youtube comments are depressing though. Quite amazing that people are saying the handling is the same as Grid 2 even though they aren't the ones controlling the car. That's the internet for ya!!

yeah I did explain to them on one of the vids too that although it does share some elements with Grid 2 like graphics and cars and tracks but  the graphics look like they've received a boost in performance  the handling is not one of the items they share as it looks to me at least race wise it performs a little more like the  F1 titles  and by that I mean F1's 2010-2012 not 2013.except with touring cars and the other cool stuff CM have put in there and the handling characteristics associated with those vehicles

Ah well, comments will be comments! I find it interesting to go through and see what kind of opinions people are forming from the footage that's out there though. 

Britpoint said:
Ah well, comments will be comments! I find it interesting to go through and see what kind of opinions people are forming from the footage that's out there though. 
Goes to show though that you can only gather so much info when watching a vid sometimes you need hands on experience but as I said above to me it looks more like it's got a handling more akin to the earlier F1 games than Grid 2 with AI to match too as they don't seem to be as aggressive as they were in Grid 2. if that's the case then that's good enough for me as I loved the handling and AI of F1 2010-2012