Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2015 / PS4 F1 wheel issues

My F1 wheel does not work correctly with this game :-( 

Actually it's the pedals..... there is a dead spot of 50% on both brake and accelerator.

When the accelerator activates it's like you have 50% throttle.....

Same for braking press the brakes.... nothing.... no slowing at all...... then a bit more.. lock up.

The wheel option allow you add a dead spot not remove one!

The wheel and pedals work fine on other driving games on PS4 and PS3 so this is not a problem with the wheel or pedals

I guess I need to wait for an update to make the game useable/playable?
Any other F1 wheel users having same issue?

err I hae the F1 wheel like I said in the post, so same as you.

just tried to play again after the update and there is still the issue with the dead spots at the top of the accelerator and brake pedal.  On TT mode you and stop engage neutral, and squeeze the accelerator - no revs appear until about 1/3rd the way down.

was the patch supposed to fix this?

Game needs sensitivity adjustments. At least on PS4 there are no sensitivity adjustments for steering, brake, throttle etc. when using controller. Are these options available when using a wheel? Other games like Project Cars have the ability to adjust these sensitivities for both controller and wheel applications.

in all F1 games you don't need to change any settings on the wheel options to make the wheel "just be like a normal wheel".......

imo the PS4 update has not fixed the dead spots on the pedals.

any TS500/ F1 wheel users care to share???

I have t3pa pedals and because of the conical mod of the brakes, the game is unplayable!
There is no way to calibrate the pedals or set the brake saturation.  When I press full, I barely get 50% braking, there is nothing I can do about it. I had to turn brake assist in order to be able to play, this needs to get resolved.

Add another person to this list - Thrustmaster T300/F1 with T500 pedals.

BTW Anshuboom, you have a different problem that mentioned here. I too run a bushing in my brake, which requires me to go into the control panel for my T300 and fully depress the accelerator and brake to make sure the axis slider is getting full range of travel. If it isn't I reboot and run it again - then launch the game.

However, even after doing this, both brake and accelerator pedals don't have the first half of their travel recognised by F1 2015, which means you get a very twitchy response in the second half of the pedal travel, trying to do any slow speed throttle work (like coming out of 2nd/3rd gear corners, or launch off the start grid) is incredibly difficult with no aids on.

CODEMASTERS, this is a problem YOU need to fix. Please talk to your Dirt Rally brethren, they actually got wheel calibration damn near perfect (eventually) in that game.

in all F1 games you don't need to change any settings on the wheel options to make the wheel "just be like a normal wheel".......

you need to update your T500 wheel firmware from ts.thrustmaster.com .. once you do so, those issues will disappear. I have T500 F1 rim and works like a charm
Also keep the FFB and advanced settings at defaults for best experience

I have the F1 T500RS wheel as well, did you guys change the rotation model at all or just leave it at 1080?

My problem is that there is no control panel for the tx on Xbox one. I have plugged it to the pc and have the latest firmware but the brake throw still needs calibration which games generally provide. I seem to have no choice at the moment.

TARJAM said:

you need to update your T500 wheel firmware from ts.thrustmaster.com .. once you do so, those issues will disappear. I have T500 F1 rim and works like a charm

has there been a recent firmware update then for F1 wheel?  I updated the last one which was few months back.....

Hi, I'm having an issue with my T500 on PS4

#1: Most important: FORCE FEEDACK T500 ISSUE

When i'm playing a GP Practice/classification or a race my Force Feedback starts ok but when I change my tires (From Hard to Soft or Soft to Hard) the ForceFeedback gets "soft" almost without any force, when I change again, the ForceFeedback returns to more strenght, If I do a shutdown T500 e TurnOn again, the problem is solved (Only in this session).At first I thought that is an feature about tires, to pass the difference to the player, but, this happen in both tires, in not a definitive order

TARJAM said:

has there been a recent firmware update then for F1 wheel?  I updated the last one which was few months back.....

Yes there has been. It should show v4.2 as latest firmware. Ts.thrustmaster.com

PS4 Thrustmaster T500RS Ferrari F1 Wheel. While driving, screen changes to flashback every time. Impossible to play. Any help? Wheel (v43) and PS4 with latest upgrades. Thanks in advance

Hi, I'm having an issue with my T500 on PS4

#1: Most important: FORCE FEEDACK T500 ISSUE

When i'm playing a GP Practice/classification or a race my Force Feedback starts ok but when I change my tires (From Hard to Soft or Soft to Hard) the ForceFeedback gets "soft" almost without any force, when I change again, the ForceFeedback returns to more strenght, If I do a shutdown T500 e TurnOn again, the problem is solved (Only in this session).At first I thought that is an feature about tires, to pass the difference to the player, but, this happen in both tires, in not a definitive order

F1 2015 - Sony PlayStation4 - Logitech G29

I have purchased all games in the F1 series from Codemasters. I've never really had any issues with them.

F1 2015 on the other hand is a completely different story. This £50 game with less features in it than any of the previous games is beyond a joke. To make matters worse all you have to do is go and fork out £299 on a compatible wheel to find out it isn't compatible at all!

The brake pedal doesn't work, force feedback doesn't work, and it changes settings by itself...

Surely I'm not the only person who has gone out and purchased a new wheel for this game and I'm unable to play it... 

A little communication from Codemasters to say we're aware of the problems and we are doing all we can to fix it would somewhat help. As it stands it seems they have their money and are less than interested in listening to anything people post on here!

SORT IT OUT OR REFUND ME YOU CROOKS!!!!!!

DJH2008 said:

F1 2015 - Sony PlayStation4 - Logitech G29

I have purchased all games in the F1 series from Codemasters. I've never really had any issues with them.

F1 2015 on the other hand is a completely different story. This £50 game with less features in it than any of the previous games is beyond a joke. To make matters worse all you have to do is go and fork out £299 on a compatible wheel to find out it isn't compatible at all!

The brake pedal doesn't work, force feedback doesn't work, and it changes settings by itself...

Surely I'm not the only person who has gone out and purchased a new wheel for this game and I'm unable to play it... 

A little communication from Codemasters to say we're aware of the problems and we are doing all we can to fix it would somewhat help. As it stands it seems they have their money and are less than interested in listening to anything people post on here!

SORT IT OUT OR REFUND ME YOU CROOKS!!!!!!

Sort out F1 2015 with the G29!! 

Bought the game a couple of days ago for £16 and haven't been able to play it once.
T300 wheel provides no FFB or direct steering. Tried the default setting and custom with no success.
Glad I didn't pay full price for this game.

Codemasters have promised that the brake problem with the G29 will be fixed in the next patch. Not sure about the force feedback , it is very weak with a huge deadzone but I think that's just the way the game is.If you feel you have wasted £300 on the G29 invest another £30 on Project Cars the force feedback is great.

After much thought, I went and spent $900 USD on a ps4, f1 2015 game, and a Thrustmaster T300rs wheel.

Only to come home, start racing, and noticing that there is a massive deadzone in the center of the wheel.

All settings are default (deadzone = 0%).

Is there a fix?  I am used to fanatec wheels where there are game settings but also wheel settings. Is this not the case with TM wheels?

This makes the experience awful and unrealistic.  

The wheel itself if spectacular once you get past the DZ,  It feels like you place the car within fractions of an inch anywhere on the track. But to get past the deadzone is a nightmare and I just jerk the car all over the place.

I am a veteran sim racer, and have raced with about every wheel out there.

Please help me !!

Took my G29 apart this weekend and found a rubber block inside the brake pedal spring? Took this out and boom works proper! Havent tried it on pro season yet so not sure about the breaks locking up.