Jump to content Jump to content

[PS4] New driver Canada

Howdy fellers..

New to f1 2020, built myself a very functional racing pod with g29 wheel parts and im loving every second on this game.

Thing is.. I appear to be only decent. Bummer I know... driving around town I'd have never guessed their were other people out there who could drive fast.

So this is me saying hello. Where are all the ps4 players? 

Edited by MyLane
  • 2 months later...

Ya know.. I bought this game thinking I was going to have fun playing it, boy was I wrong. Haven't touched it since day 1. Seems the demolition derby out of the gate is real. I guess you need to have dedicated people to play with on closed servers to have any fun. Buyers be warned.. codemasters sold their **** to ea so you're buying garbage that has already been burned.

13 hours ago, MyLane said:

Ya know.. I bought this game thinking I was going to have fun playing it, boy was I wrong. Haven't touched it since day 1. Seems the demolition derby out of the gate is real. I guess you need to have dedicated people to play with on closed servers to have any fun. Buyers be warned.. codemasters sold their **** to ea so you're buying garbage that has already been burned.

To be fair I think that Codemasters have done a very good job of the AI in their F1 Games sometimes it is frustrating if you end up in a crunch at the first corner but just restart until you get a clean run. I managed to finish plenty of Monaco  78 lap races in cockpit cam with no assists against the AI so it cannot be as bad as you think that it is . The speed at which vehicle Industry is adopting electric motor technology the F1 as people know it has only a few years left  and if F1 ends up becoming just the E Sport version then as a game it will be uninteresting from a driving POV if there is no manual gearbox especially as then it really will become Mario Karts and the game may end up looking like PC3 does for financial reasons , I truly hope that does not happen because Codemasters have made such a wonderful game that caters for the niche market of serious fans when of course the money market is the kiddywinkies who drive in chase cam. When money is King it is a decision for the Owner's  if they pursue a road to excellence or just sell out . Lets hope its the former.

Whatever happens in the future as long as you have working consoles and wheels to go with them the Fantastic F1 games start in 2010 and every one of them makes it possible for fans to indulge their fantasies in their own homes for a few hundred monies , its truly WONDERFUL people do not really appreciate what they have and always expect too much . I have waited decades to see this happen after playing on the PS1 platform at Monaco When Cars sounded like electric drills and images of the cars  were made up of 50 Square blocks, be glad of what you have available, I cannot believe how lucky I am to have access to this stuff it blows my mind thinking of the amount of  work and brilliance of the minds who actually create this for us to enjoy. Give the game a chance the more effort you put into it the more you will get out of it .

Edited by Exasperated

The 2020 version of the game makes driving in certain situations more difficult than F1 2018/19 regardless of it being by design or technical issues for a start the throttle is really snappy no matter what settings that I use and the back end lights up more easily as a result of that making exiting corners more of a challenge but that's how the power from a F1 engine should be through a diff without any TCS so it is good IMHO  and stop the game being an arcade racing experience also it seems that there is a much greater difference between the feel of a cold set up and when you get a few laps done so that you have to tip toe round the track more than previous versions so more of a challenge there as well all good except as you said the is quite a lot of disrespect coming from the AI more so in my opinion that last years version. I just tried some tracks with different AI settings to find one that can be raced without too much aggression from the AI this was done on street circuits so a lot of close quarter racing going on and I went to faster tracks like Spa and Monza and I found that the AI set at 50 gives a perfectly reasonable challenge if you take a lower performing car like a Alpha Tauri or a Alfa Romeo and the AI drivers hardly ever lunge at you but you do need to drive the car as if it is worth $10,000,000 and front wings cost $17,000 each ,  as in stay away from other cars when racing or it is bound to end in tears I would recommend you drive in cockpit view as well because you have a wheel setup and you cannot get a proper feeling of racing in the TV camera views they are for watching replays not racing in if you have a wheel (I am really hammering this one )
Any way I hope you give the game another chance as its a shame that you feel so disappointed with it while I am thinking that it is great racing against the AI and race against them in full races lasting 1.5 hours no problems and I have some really good wheel to wheel battles on the way sometimes but obviously not constantly  because its F1 not GT3. I hope you give it a try ,Regards.

Edited by Exasperated