Sign in to follow this  

My Team, Push to pass

hi all,

I am just wondering, I am now in Season 3, my car is well developed meanwhile, I can use that Push to pass Button nearly the whole time, feels like cheating, is it not a bit overpowered when you developed your car? It was cooler before when I needed to save some energy to use it. Or can a Mercedes also use it the whole time? Did not check that. But for me now there is nearly no need to lower the extra energy anymore.

Is this a bug? Or should it be like this?

are you sure thats the case? You can only use a limited amount of energy per lap. So have you developed the ERS so much that the amount of energy used per lap doesnt use the full allocation?

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

hi all,

I am just wondering, I am now in Season 3, my car is well developed meanwhile, I can use that Push to pass Button nearly the whole time, feels like cheating, is it not a bit overpowered when you developed your car? It was cooler before when I needed to save some energy to use it. Or can a Mercedes also use it the whole time? Did not check that. But for me now there is nearly no need to lower the extra energy anymore.

Is this a bug? Or should it be like this?

The ERS becomes OP very quickly whereby it can be virtually impossible to actually fully deplete the ERS to 0% over the course of a race. As @dshepsman points out, you can only use so much ERS overtake deployment per lap (i.e. until the ERS bar turns red, in which case ERS has totally run out and your car will be much slower). But you can use the maximum amount of ERS per lap and quite often start the next lap with 95-100% ERS.

And yes, I agree that this has a poor impact on gameplay. Using the overtake button is far more fun when you have to weigh up exactly which parts of the race to use it, rather than just using the full quota available each lap.

31 minutes ago, dshepsman said:

are you sure thats the case? You can only use a limited amount of energy per lap. So have you developed the ERS so much that the amount of energy used per lap doesnt use the full allocation?

yes mate, e.g. in Monza I could use it the whole lap, even with those long straights...I never ran out of it

40 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

yes mate, e.g. in Monza I could use it the whole lap, even with those long straights...I never ran out of it

Are you sure? If the bar turns red, it means you have used the FIA maximum allowance for that lap. If you could run it all lap then it is possibly a bug and may be worth reporting.

The max down it was, was maybe 40%,but then when a new lap started it was always back at 95-98%

So i had no issues running it all the time.

It happened after one upgrade mid of the season,i did not had it like this in austria for example.

I can check now the next races

2 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

The max down it was, was maybe 40%,but then when a new lap started it was always back at 95-98%

So i had no issues running it all the time.

It happened after one upgrade mid of the season,i did not had it like this in austria for example.

I can check now the next races

The lap usage doesnt have a percentage on it. are you sure youre looking at the right usage bar? 

24 minutes ago, dshepsman said:

The lap usage doesnt have a percentage on it. are you sure youre looking at the right usage bar? 

Svensenk86 means that the overall battery storage from 40-45% at the end of lap 13 (per example), at the beginning of the lap 14 returned to 95-98%. 

If that is the case, I agree that this destroys the reality. 

11 minutes ago, ioann977 said:

Svensenk86 means that the overall battery storage from 40-45% at the end of lap 13 (per example), at the beginning of the lap 14 returned to 95-98%. 

If that is the case, I agree that this destroys the reality. 

Yes exactly this i wanted to say mate

46 minutes ago, dshepsman said:

As i wrote before,when a new lap starts it goes up,yes i am looking on the correct bar 😉 

And i can leave it on "overtake" now the whole time as i never run out of energy. Engine fully upgraded season 3

I think you to do a video and and report this as a bug. As I said earlier, there is supposed to be a maximum amount of deployment per lap (which is separate from the totally OP replenishment which occurs when you upgrade the ERS). I think this thread explains it much better than I ever could: 

Impossible to get ers  low throughout the race after season 2 but what really annoys me is if you used all the ers for the lap well before lap ends, your engineer will still tell you to use more ers lol. About time Jeff and his instructions were overhauled.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

As i wrote before,when a new lap starts it goes up,yes i am looking on the correct bar 😉 

And i can leave it on "overtake" now the whole time as i never run out of energy. Engine fully upgraded season 3

So you're looking at the white bar?

So you're looking at the white bar?

yes, below the colored one to the left. So I made 2 more races, there it worked like "normal" again, don`t know what happened before, maybe this was a major bug?! But seems now that it works again, overtake power just available limited. I will have an eye on this