Jump to content Jump to content

Wet to dry track

ojhowells

On the game when the track changes from wet to dry the track dries so quickly and in a couple of laps the track can be bone dry form heavy rain whereas in real life the dry line can dry quickly but off the racing line the track stays wet for the rest of the race. For example take the Hungarian GP this year where the track started off wet then the racing line dried quickly and everyone was on dry tyres by lap 5/70 but offline stayed wet until the end.

21 hours ago, ojhowells said:

On the game when the track changes from wet to dry the track dries so quickly and in a couple of laps the track can be bone dry form heavy rain whereas in real life the dry line can dry quickly but off the racing line the track stays wet for the rest of the race. For example take the Hungarian GP this year where the track started off wet then the racing line dried quickly and everyone was on dry tyres by lap 5/70 but offline stayed wet until the end.

Stuff like this hasn't been on an F1 game since F1 2012. It would be nice to see it back although the engine changed in 2015 and it like red flags went the way of the dodo. The painted photoshop seems to be the better option to them in there eyes. :classic_sad: Hopefully we see a return in future but I don't hold out much hope

11 hours ago, ojhowells said:

If you want a real life race to look at look at today's GP as even though it didnt rain off line stayed wet all throughout the race instead of going straight from wet to dry in the space of a couple of laps like it does on the f1 game 

the track was slippery even in dry conditions when you have watched FP 1 and 2 😉 so the the rain cleared the rubber from previous sessions, so at the end even in dry conditions it was slippery, you cannot compare this to other tracks.

Further, I think it depends on your race lenght.

Does someone has experience in 100% races how it works there with drying tracks? I play 50% and I think the drying is ok compared to the race lenght.

On 11/15/2020 at 9:14 PM, ojhowells said:

If you want a real life race to look at look at today's GP as even though it didnt rain off line stayed wet all throughout the race instead of going straight from wet to dry in the space of a couple of laps like it does on the f1 game 

If you watched the full face you could see the racing line was bone dry at some parts of the track while other parts where still wet . Hence why when the drivers put new inters on the weren't going any quicker than those on old inters parts of the track was for wets whole the other part was for drys . I rember when the used to have that in game can't rember which year bit it was a challenge keeping the car on the dry line . The used to have it so it would only rain at half the track . As well . O think the need to look into adding that back into the he for 2021 the technology has improved since then so shouldn't be that hard . 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 11:10 AM, PaulLynch said:

If you watched the full face you could see the racing line was bone dry at some parts of the track while other parts where still wet . Hence why when the drivers put new inters on the weren't going any quicker than those on old inters parts of the track was for wets whole the other part was for drys . I rember when the used to have that in game can't rember which year bit it was a challenge keeping the car on the dry line . The used to have it so it would only rain at half the track . As well . O think the need to look into adding that back into the he for 2021 the technology has improved since then so shouldn't be that hard . 

It was similar to this 

And this

Sad that the weather system has actually regressed . It was superior on much weaker consoles 8 year's ago now that is something they should not be proud of now with next gen power they need to be addressing it . 

Hmmm this is good to know!  Here I have been thinking that there was indeed major differences between the wet track, and dry race line.

Ive even been wary of corners if I’m on the dry line, but have been on the wet recently, kinda assuming I would have semi compromised traction.  Kinda like slightly dirty tires.

So bottom line, there is no difference?

Because I really feel like there is when I’m outside of the dry line, but maybe it’s in my head.

15 hours ago, X5abotagex86 said:

Hmmm this is good to know!  Here I have been thinking that there was indeed major differences between the wet track, and dry race line.

Ive even been wary of corners if I’m on the dry line, but have been on the wet recently, kinda assuming I would have semi compromised traction.  Kinda like slightly dirty tires.

So bottom line, there is no difference?

Because I really feel like there is when I’m outside of the dry line, but maybe it’s in my head.

The biggest problems about the wet Racing line are that not represented in the game like they are in real life Racing.. example you can see the AI driving at the same way when is wet.. the same Racing line and in the Intermediates tyres they are so overpowered.. in the weather's transitions they are unrealistic fast.. And in the Real Racing when you are on a wet track surface you have to do the corners in the outside of racing line and cutting for inside.. you have to adapt an dirty Racing line because you will have much more traction

Archived