Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IF a seventh location were to be added in future, what type would you prefer?

So I think the six locations announced so far for DiRT Rally are each superb choices. By the end of Early Access, we'll have a winter tarmac/ice rally, a winter snow rally, three muddy/gravel events and a tarmac environment. Whilst my initial preference would be to see more stages in existing locales, there are requests all over the forums (including from myself) for specific events, but I'd be really interested to gauge a general opinion on what type of event you'd like to see, if one were to be added at a later date. I should add that this is based on venue preference, not based on current tarmac physics.

Gravel and preferably New Zealand.

I'm not familiar with Portugal and Argentina, how similar to Greece are they in terms of being a dusty gravel rally?

I would love New Zealand or Australia. Maybe even Poland. Not that fond of the rougher gravel rallies like Greece, Portugal etc.

Good poll :) 
The question should not be IF though.
This has to happen!

Personally I'm hoping for australia or sardegna.

Lots of great places there but for me and to hark back to those classic Colin Mcrae days Australia was always my favourite. :p 

Basically i want whatever looks prettiest to be honest. But New Zealand looks pretty good, and I'd prefer gravel anyways.

Disappointed to see gravel so far in front, but expected I guess.

For me, the only atmosphere that the game is really missing, after these first six are covered, is a road-based tarmac environment. One like Valais, Ypres, Corsica or modern San Remo that winds its way through small villages, past farms and down country lanes.

Tarmac rallies are every bit as important as gravel, in my book, and I'd prefer something closer to a 50/50 split between them.

But then Corsica was maybe my favourite location in the original CMR! I also loved the French stages in RBR.

is a road-based tarmac environment. 
I'd really like to see Spain return. It looked pretty with the black asphalt back in the old games.

+ I find tarmac rallies easier to drive in cockpitview ^^ 

I think New Zealand should get its own option here, and described as: Camber. Because that element along with the amazing scenery really make it unique from "just another gravel rally."

I admit to being biased around wanting New Zealand since I live there. Putting that aside though rallying and gravel are intrinsically linked to me. It's a key part of what interests me in the sport, the speed on loose backcountry roads. Some flying gravel also makes for more interesting photos IMO.

I voted for Mixed, but one I would really want to see (which is hard to categorise), is the safari rally.

Just look at these trails! : 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTKy_w1YGUY

I voted for Gravel like Argentina or New Zealand but would be nice to have one MUD Rally!!

I think Indonesia have MUD roads, not sure.

@RodgerDavies yes riding hard through villages and open fields on tarmac is something i wish for to as i already made a thread with votes for the Ypres rally wich didn't saw much attention because i understand its for most people not really well known.So we'll get mostly gravel stages i think its the Codies who ultimatly will decide.

ps i saw a documentary about the Irish rally really awesome.

Ha, it's not meant to be Latvia, but I was struggling to think of another example! I tried Googling another, but this thread came up...

Maybe Snowman Rally, held near Inverness in Scotland would count.

Ha, it's not meant to be Latvia, but I was struggling to think of another example! I tried Googling another, but this thread came up...

Maybe Snowman Rally, held near Inverness in Scotland would count.
Would be cool though. A lot of people have said we have quite unforgiving rally stages :)

It would certainly be cheaper for the devs to travel to than New Zealand or Argentina!
No need to travel, you just youtube some onboard cams ;)

Love to see more all tarmac locations, who remembers the tarmac/gravel uk stages from cmcr 2005? personally i'd love to see Ireland included, cheap travel, should get the developers over for the ulster or Donegal harvest rally!