Sign in to follow this  

IF a seventh location were to be added in future, what type would you prefer?

New Zealand <3 add variety to the game to be different from all the others have confirmed. (I am Brazilian but the rally I most admire is NZ)

I'd really love to see mixed stages, maybe 70% narrow, twisty tarmac and 30% gravel, similar to the UK-stages in CMR2005.

My question for anyone saying New Zealand or Australia, is whether that would be worth the extra expense that it would cost to take a team from Britain. I'm not going to pretend I know what percentage of the production cost the research is, but I imagine it's not insubstantial.

Now, my initial preference would be more stages in existing locations (which I was pleasantly surprised to find a majority agreeing with here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6420/improvement-quantity-or-diversity/p1 ), but if there is a finite budget AND a new location were desired AND a semi-fictional area was ruled out, then I'd much rather see it be somewhere more cost-effective than the other side of the world.

I voted Gravel because New Zealand rally it's pure classic (and I love gravel) but I think Codies should take the same way they took with cars: I mean... They are including all the iconic cars that raced in World Rally history but they should include all the historic locations where those cars raced (and I'm sure Codies will listen us: they are doing a fantastic job developing Dirt Rally)

That's why I think that the "must-have-locations" to implement are (at least) NZL,Costa Brava (or Catalunya),Tour De Corse,San Remo,Finland and Sweden.  But it would awesome if they add classic RAC Rally,Safari or Australia: I remember Aussie stages in Colin McRae 3: drifting in that red gravel on sunset was just epic!

But the one I really loved was Japan Rally from Colin McRae 3 (yes I'm devote to CMR3: The best of the series by far...) amazing stages (Shinsushinmachi was a blast: flat out in stormy weather...) and beautiful countryside. 

If they add Japan,I'll be the happiest man on the Universe :smile: 

I voted snow/gravel because that's what I just insanely love to drive on in RL. Someone mentioned Poland - hell yeah, there are fantastic mountain roads in the south here. Seeing the percentages however, let my vote mean "anything but not tarmac". IMO it's easier to find a virtual opportunity to drive on tarmac, in fact any other decently simulated surfaces are sadly deficient.

If they do I would like to see something like here in Azores and Fafe in Portugal. Narrow gravel stages with fast tarmac segments! 

The Irish Tarmac Championship has been one of my favourite Championships for a number of years now: would be superb to see an irish event represented in game!

Mixed gravel and tarmac for sure. Being fast on tarmac and being fast on gravel are somewhat different things, and love when both are in the same rally.

More gravel, then maybe a fast/flowing tarmac stage as a lesser priority.

I think Australia (Perth, not the new one) is essential. Other suggestions I like are Kenya, Argentina & Portugal.

I would love to see scotland added, a lil tribute to the guy who this game was founded on R.I.P colin,I also would love to see some his cars in the game.

The old Australian Colin stages are still in my mind!
Please add Australia.

Rally is drifting. So we need Gravel stages!

I'm cool with any additions to be honest haha. Not a big fan of snow maps though, kinda dull in my opinion

Already voted for NZ but just had a thought now: Moll's Gap from Killarney Rally of the Lakes in County Kerry, Ireland. I don't really know which other stages from that event would be worth adding but if there's scope for the addition of one stage in full then stages like Moll's Gap should be put forward for that.

If you want to know why, just watch this: https://youtu.be/3DdzTNkKvew