Jump to content Jump to content

Different race length

Tomasslb24

I think something like this has been already talked about in this forum but I can't find the topic, so I'm gonna create one.

Is there any way to change the race length to like 35% (for people who thinks 25% is too low and 50% is too much) or 75% (for people who thinks 50% is too low and 100% is too much). 

Maybe in the game files but I can't seem to find anyone who has discovered it yet. 

I know that changing the game files for the race length is something pretty complex because you would need to change the way the tyres would degradate and possible the way the AI would behave for strategies.

Asking this because I play with 50% race and sometimes the AI strategies ****** me off. Just one example: Singapore everyone outside the top 10 and the ones who qualified on the mediums in Q2 start medium and goes to hard, the ones in the top 10 that have softs goes for a two-stopper. The thing is, its not a bad strat but singapore it's a pretty hard track to overtake and they make a massive DRS train and than no one overtakes. Won the race in a ferrari and grosjean finished 3rd.

Tell me what you think, just "brainstorming" :)

15 hours ago, Tomasslb24 said:

I think something like this has been already talked about in this forum but I can't find the topic, so I'm gonna create one.

Is there any way to change the race length to like 35% (for people who thinks 25% is too low and 50% is too much) or 75% (for people who thinks 50% is too low and 100% is too much). 

Maybe in the game files but I can't seem to find anyone who has discovered it yet. 

I know that changing the game files for the race length is something pretty complex because you would need to change the way the tyres would degradate and possible the way the AI would behave for strategies.

Asking this because I play with 50% race and sometimes the AI strategies ****** me off. Just one example: Singapore everyone outside the top 10 and the ones who qualified on the mediums in Q2 start medium and goes to hard, the ones in the top 10 that have softs goes for a two-stopper. The thing is, its not a bad strat but singapore it's a pretty hard track to overtake and they make a massive DRS train and than no one overtakes. Won the race in a ferrari and grosjean finished 3rd.

Tell me what you think, just "brainstorming" :)

It certainly would be really nice if we could have more choices on race length, but put aside all the tire wear rates or strategies and such, the core issue is still on the fact that AI don't know any different method to overtake other AI except attempting on very long stretch of straights. 

7 hours ago, DRT-Apophis said:

It certainly would be really nice if we could have more choices on race length, but put aside all the tire wear rates or strategies and such, the core issue is still on the fact that AI don't know any different method to overtake other AI except attempting on very long stretch of straights. 

Ye I know that, just completely forgot to mention that they're still like a bit "afraid" to make overtakes on the corners of some circuits. Like Spain, Hungary, or Singapore just examples of that issue and it's pretty annoying that after the last pit stop there are no more overtakes, except for yourself.

I think the problem is the calculation of tyre wear, fuel usage, pitstop strategy doesn't scale very well or requires a huge amount of work to essentially make it look something like a grand prix. You've also got to throw engine and gearbox wear into that too.

1 hour ago, SASColfer said:

I think the problem is the calculation of tyre wear, fuel usage, pitstop strategy doesn't scale very well or requires a huge amount of work to essentially make it look something like a grand prix. You've also got to throw engine and gearbox wear into that too.

That's exactly what I think about they not adding more race lenghts.

Archived