F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Hanoi dropped from 2021 calendar

The newly released F1 calendar for 2021 shows that the previously allocated Hanoi weekend is now blank and there is speculation that the circuit has been dropped for political reasons. 

2021 Formula 1 calendar

• 21 March Australia (Melbourne)
  • 28 March Bahrain (Sakhir)
  • 11 April China (Shanghai)
  • 25 April TBC
  • 9 May Spain (Barcelona)
  • 23 May Monaco
  • 6 June Azerbaijan (Baku)
  • 13 June Canada (Montreal)
  • 27 June France (Le Castellet)
  • 4 July Austria (Spielberg)
  • 18 July Britain (Silverstone)
  • 1 August Hungary (Hungaroring)
  • 29 August Belgium (Spa)
  • 5 September Netherlands (Zandvoort)
  • 12 September Italy (Monza)
  • 26 September Russia (Sochi)
  • 3 October Singapore (Marina Bay)
  • 10 October Japan (Suzuka)
  • 24 October USA (Austin)
  • 31 October Mexico (Mexico City)
  • 14 November Brazil (Sao Paulo) *
  • 28 November Saudi Arabia (Jeddah)
  • 5 December Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)

* = provisional pending promoter agreement

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/54879815

1 hour ago, Lurtz said:

The newly released F1 calendar for 2021 shows that the previously allocated Hanoi weekend is now blank and there is speculation that the circuit has been dropped for political reasons. 

2021 Formula 1 calendar

• 21 March Australia (Melbourne)
  • 28 March Bahrain (Sakhir)
  • 11 April China (Shanghai)
  • 25 April TBC
  • 9 May Spain (Barcelona)
  • 23 May Monaco
  • 6 June Azerbaijan (Baku)
  • 13 June Canada (Montreal)
  • 27 June France (Le Castellet)
  • 4 July Austria (Spielberg)
  • 18 July Britain (Silverstone)
  • 1 August Hungary (Hungaroring)
  • 29 August Belgium (Spa)
  • 5 September Netherlands (Zandvoort)
  • 12 September Italy (Monza)
  • 26 September Russia (Sochi)
  • 3 October Singapore (Marina Bay)
  • 10 October Japan (Suzuka)
  • 24 October USA (Austin)
  • 31 October Mexico (Mexico City)
  • 14 November Brazil (Sao Paulo) *
  • 28 November Saudi Arabia (Jeddah)
  • 5 December Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)

* = provisional pending promoter agreement

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/54879815

Being portuguese I would like to see Portimao there, but not only for that, 25th April is a very important day in the country and after that race it's spain, so it would be a good idea!

As much as I don't want to see that happens, I'm still almost certain that this won't be the finalize version based on the current worsening situation around the world.

It is quite amusing that I have had to spend so much time learning the Hanoi track this year, with its horrible slow corners into long straights (T2-T5 and T8-T9), the technical high speed twists in the last sector (T14-T19), and not to mention that last corner, which has established itself as one of my all-time favourite spots for damaging my front wing. And now it looks like a one season wonder, at least as far as the game is concerned!

I suppose I shouldn't complain, I really am terrible around that track.

• Agree 1

Good riddance. Never bothered to drive a single lap at Hanoi and it looks I will never have to. I'm sure they'll come up with some other Tilke atrocity to replace it.

1 minute ago, janbonator said:

Good riddance. Never bothered to drive a single lap at Hanoi and it looks I will never have to. I'm sure they'll come up with some other Tilke atrocity to replace it.

😂How can you say good riddance if you’ve never drove a single lap around it?

That’s the very definition of prejudice!

I actually find it quote a fun track to drive, good variety in there and i think it would have made for a good race.

1 minute ago, kalamazoo123 said:

😂How can you say good riddance if you’ve never drove a single lap around it?

That’s the very definition of prejudice!

I actually find it quote a fun track to drive, good variety in there and i think it would have made for a good race.

Naturally I watched some hotlaps on it and even a couple of races. I was not impressed. It looked slightly better than the other 50 Tilke tracks just because it was street track, so he couldn't draw the corners freely, but it had nothing that made me want to drive it.

my advice for f1 2021 is to release it as a Dlc, in order to dedicate yourself to f1 2022 for the revolution that will take place in f1 and for the new consoles that in 2021 will not yet be at full power. Releases an update for f1 2020, with 2021 cars and circuits. Remove hanoi and add Imola, Istanbul and portimao into the game. The best solution is this. @BarryBL

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, janbonator said:

Naturally I watched some hotlaps on it and even a couple of races. I was not impressed. It looked slightly better than the other 50 Tilke tracks just because it was street track, so he couldn't draw the corners freely, but it had nothing that made me want to drive it.

The flow of the Hanoi track is actually quite great and enjoyable to drive, especially the long straight down the hairpin and the final section. It's not like tracks such as Abu Dhabi where most of the corners were designed in such an awkward way that even when you've finally mastered it it's still not enjoyable to drive.

The only thing I had to complain is the backdrop, it looks very mundane and uninspiring, not something I would've expected for such an exotic place. 

• Agree 1

Guest Bicarda
17 hours ago, mikyesposto95 said:

my advice for f1 2021 is to release it as a Dlc, in order to dedicate yourself to f1 2022 for the revolution that will take place in f1 and for the new consoles that in 2021 will not yet be at full power. Releases an update for f1 2020, with 2021 cars and circuits. Remove hanoi and add Imola, Istanbul and portimao into the game. The best solution is this. @BarryBL

Very true. and maybe then they could also get around to fixing this game first. 

1 working game is better than 5 unstable glitch simulators. stop with the obvious money grabs and start to deliver quality. And a functioning game

this I would support as well, a proper DLC which update cars and drivers and small advertisement details, and bug fixing

Remove hanoi and add Imola, Istanbul and portimao into the game

this would be a new game then 😉 so this would be too much as the AI needs to be coded and everything on new tracks.

But we live in a world ruled by the Dollar, so they will make a new game, and we will pay it 😉 it is so simple

On 11/10/2020 at 3:42 PM, pacers101 said:

It is quite amusing that I have had to spend so much time learning the Hanoi track this year, with its horrible slow corners into long straights (T2-T5 and T8-T9), the technical high speed twists in the last sector (T14-T19), and not to mention that last corner, which has established itself as one of my all-time favourite spots for damaging my front wing. And now it looks like a one season wonder, at least as far as the game is concerned!

I suppose I shouldn't complain, I really am terrible around that track.

T2-T5 and T8-T9 maybe the worse set of corners on any racing game I've played

• Agree 1

On 11/10/2020 at 2:04 PM, Tomasslb24 said:

Being portuguese I would like to see Portimao there, but not only for that, 25th April is a very important day in the country and after that race it's spain, so it would be a good idea!

The should have all the tracks that got the last minute call up for this year . As the best races have been on the one off tracks . Especially mogull would love to see that track back . Bit of a thought I had early in the season is why don't the FIA throw 1 or 2 joker tracks in . Where the teams only know where the are racing when it comes time to ship the equipment there . The FIA can keep an empty slot on calender then the drivers and teams have an option to vote on a hand full of tracks with the winner been announced when the shipping date comes