Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Dirt 5 No Controller Vibration XBox One/Series X

I had Dirt 5 since day one and first trried to play it on XBox One - I did not have any controller vibration there at first. Some time later miraculously vibration worked. 

Yesterday I received my XSX: same thing: Vibration only works half of the time: at first not, after some new starts of console and game it worked. Today without having restarted the console or game - again: no vibration.

Very frustrating for an offroad game :(

Would be glad to hear if anybody else has this issue and if Codemaster is aware of this (I also just sent a bug report)....

• Like 1

Having the same issue on Xbox series S, I have tried wireless/wired with 4 different controllers of different ages/generations.

Tried using different controller profiles and none at all.

Tried ever option available in the game settings.

Everything works in Forza and burnout so idk.

This is a awesome game even though I miss the "feel" of the brakes and track.

I'm also having this problem .
Playing on Series X, when i first launched it had no rumble. Tought i had some config wrong and went to test on forza, everything is fine.

Yesterday the vibration worked for an hour session, today, no longer works.
dont think theres anything we can do but report and wait for the patch.

Xbox and controller are working just fine, the game is very fun but it loses A LOT without feedback

Same here and it is a problem on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X. I have started to play Dirt 5 on my Xbox One X and after the first race I have changed the color of my car. After this, rumble was gone. The only way to solve was the restart of the console. With Series X in the house, I thought everything would be better. But exact the same issue, after a few races rumble is off and i have to restart the Series X. It's very annoying. I have also noticed that rumble on Series X at Dirt 5 ist not as strong as on One X. 😪 Dirt 5 need the next Patch, right away, not tomorrow or next week. 🤪

Edited by Kurtzen

I had a short exchange with Chris from Codemasters on Discord yesterday and he confirmed that they are working on a fix that should be rolled out with the next XBox patch due in the next days. Let's hope...I can confirm that restarting the console (at least XSX) in mid-game seems to work. Although I do not feel that that's the safest thing one can do.... so let's hope for a quick fix... With vibration on the game is so much more immersive !

• Agree 1

FIX FOUND!!!!  

NO JOKES THIS WORKS EVERYTIME FOLKS......JUST LIKE THE OTHER XBOX'S, IT SEEMS THE ONLY WAY TO FIX WEIRD GLITCHY PROBLEMS IS TO DO A CMOS CACHE RESET, THAT IS YOU MUST HOLD THE POWER BUTTON (YOUR SERIES X/ONE X/ONE NEEDS TO BE ON AND RUNNING BEFORE THIS POINT) FOR 10 SECS (15 TO BE SAFE WHY NOT) AND THEN WAIT ABOUT 30SECS BEFORE POWERING BACK UP......VOILA!!! ALL YOUR WEIRD XBOX PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED!!!!!

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!

While we are waiting on a patch, I have also found a fix that works consistently. In mid-game restart the console (hold power button for a few secs and then choose "restart"). Not sure if this causes problems with the console (should not, since it should power down orderly) but it has worked for me for the last two days consistently. Anyway, hope the patch is coming sooner rather than later... 

On 11/11/2020 at 3:57 PM, hermannx5 said:

yeah, also my first game on the XSX and I was really looking forward to it. Other than this issue I like it so far. 

On reddit I just saw this: https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/jrp562/anybody_else_with_no_rumble_in_dirt_5/

Apparently a patch is in the works...hope this is true...

Codemasters has a new update available for DiRT 5, which launched last week for next-gen consoles. Update 1.04 provides several improvements to the performance, reducing crashes, frame-rate drops and stuttering. It also fixes issues like Xbox players losing controller vibration or progression being lost on PS4 when restarting the game.

PS4 and PS5 players should also take note as V-Sync has been added, reducing any annoying screen-tearing that may have been occurring. The DualSense’s adaptive triggers also see “further refinements.” Other fixes for multiplayer, Photo Mode and much more are also included (with the “Spare Some Change for Gas?” Trophy/Achievement being made less impossible). There are even some improvements to visuals like rain effects on the windshield.

DiRT 5 is currently available for Xbox One, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, PS5 and PC with its Stadia release still to come. You can check out our official review here for more details. Stay tuned for further updates along with DLC details in the coming months.

PATCH NOTES

Multiple general performance improvements across the board, reducing instances of crashes, gameplay stuttering and FPS drops, further optimizing general gameplay
Xbox: Resolved issue causing some players to lose controller vibration/rumble
PS4: Resolved issues caused by save data created before previous patch, such as progress disappearing upon game restart and crashes when using livery editor
PS5: Further refinements to the use of DualSense adaptive triggers
PS4/PS5: V-Sync added
Fix for crash caused by signing out during a Gymkhana event
Visual improvements to rain effects on windshield when using interior camera views
Display fix for rewards screen in post-race menu
Photo mode: minor fixes and optimizations
Multiplayer: improvements in kicking players in lobby who do not ready up for an event
Multiplayer: general improvements to online matchmaking and lobby searches
The Trophy/Achievement ‘Spare Some Change for Gas?’ will now require players to race for 1,000 miles, instead of 10,000

This patch was automatic on the xbox series x and for me at least the controler vibration returned without me doing anything lets just hope it stays .... (Information from gaming bolts website)

• 2 months later...

Considering buying this for Series X. Has the vibration issue been rectified? Also, what of Career mode, does it require being online to play Career mode like with Dirt Rally 2? 

• 4 months later...

This MSBI training covers concepts from Basic level to advance level. Whether you are individual or corporate client we can customize training course content as per your requirement. And can arrange this MSBI training as per your pace.

This MSBI certification training will cover all 3 MSBI tools which is mentioned below:

SSIS – SQL Server Integration Services – Integration tool.

SSAS – SQL Server Analytical Services -Analysis tool.

SSRS – SQL Server Reporting Services – Reporting tool.

The first tool is SSIS which is the ETL tool that helps to work with disparate data like Excel sheet, SQL Server data and convert it into a common format through the various techniques of extract, transform and load operations on data.

The second tool is the data analysis tool SSAS which is used to make analyze and parse all that data so that business value can be derived from it. It is an online analytical processing tool that helps to work with streaming data and analyze it to help businesses gain competitive advantage.

The third and final tool is the front-end of the business intelligence which is where all the magic happens. All that data is converted into visually appealing graphs, charts and reports so that anybody in the organization can make sense of all that data in order to take timely data-driven decisions on a continuous basis.

gulljee

At Gulljee.com we strive to achieve the highest level of “Customer Satisfaction” possible. Our cutting edge E-commerce platform, highly experienced buying team, agile warehouse systems and state of the art customer care center provides customer with Broader selection of products, Superior buying experience, On-time delivery of products, Quick resolution of any concerns and Seamless Returns