F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

PC Forum Championship | Season Three

UP100

Information
If you're looking for information, check out the page 1 of the thread!
PC Forum Championship | Season Three - F1 Chat - Codemasters Community

Links
Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/OdGIqsXZ
Standings: https://cmfc.3110.xyz/standings.rdr

Message added by UP100

Hi everyone,

After a short break, we will be back with for Forum Championship on PC, starting again 20/11/2020 with a slightly revised format. Firstly, congratulations to @kisuke_fly for winning the drivers and to his team-mate @UP100 for fighting for the championship until the very end, both securing the constructors for Red Bull. This season, we will be running a total of 12 rounds, with 10 running on a normal season format, and 2 'joker' rounds with classic cars on classic tracks

Round Schedule: USA, Brazil, Canada, JOKER, Mexico, France, Britain, Belgium, Italy, JOKER, Spain, Australia - I've based this roughly on the 1996 season, the first season watching F1 I can remember. The venues of the 2 'Joker' rounds will be decided by the Steam Chat for the Championship.

Also, regular drivers for the Season will not be allowed to pair up, giving more teams a chance at the Constructors Championship.

---- NEXT ROUND ----

SEASON OVER! THANK YOU ALL

---- DRIVERS & TEAMS ----

Red Bull - @kisuke_fly and @SingaporeTrackLizard

Ferrari - @UP100 and @Pawel567

Racing Point - @TeenierNeilb69 and lucadude40

Alfa Romeo - @LSKone and @Reghinald

Mercedes - @steviejay69 and @Bezny09

McLaren - 

Renault - @kon1303 and @Bojan

Alpha Tauri - @BarryBL and @silvi6

Haas - @xandosh and @Bonedog225

Williams - @massa88 and @Gobou Sann

Reserve: @GreenGreen

For other players wanting to join in the fun, please let me know by adding name and preferred team, as a post, on this thread. There is also a poll on a preferred day and time for the race meetings, so please vote.

---- RACE RULES ----

Lobby open Fridays at 4PM GMT. Qualifying will usually start at 4:10.

• Cars: Equal 2020
  • 50% Race
  • Short Qualifying
  • Random Weather
  • Setups Allowed
  • Formation Lap On

Reserves may join without signing up.

---- Steam Chat ----

Most communication in this league will be done through our Steam Chat group. It's not mandatory to join it, but it's home to all the important information such as when we are starting the quali and so on. It's throughly recommended 🙂 

https://s.team/chat/OdGIqsXZ

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

That Japanese GP though... I had everything to lose and everything went wrong, from a car on an outlap crashing me out to pushing too hard in the race. Didn't think that I'd have my first quali and race retirements on the final weekend of the season 😅

One more time congratulations to @kisuke_fly! You were able to control the pressure and get the race win and the championship... while I did the exact opposite and was forced to watch 23 laps of absolute dominance from you 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Well, sad to say I won't be able to take part since I only have weekends avaliable at those hours.

So have fun!

Hi everyone,

For the first round, we will keep at the usual time on Friday. Then we can discuss in the Steam Chat whether we want Wednesday or Friday as currently tied.

• Agree 2

If you want to receive emails of new messages, remember to follow the thread. New thread, so some may've forgotten to do so 🙂 

33 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

So we're going with 4pm GMT?

Yep!

No practice before the race, just took in my Unranked (crasher) lobby setup and was surprisingly competitive. I do like the track, but I'll probably fail to capitalise on this when it comes to a league race.

Unfortunately, despite me trying to give @UP100 space, it seems the favour was not returned and I was left trying to have a recovery drive when I should have been in the mix.

6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Unfortunately, despite me trying to give @UP100 space, it seems the favour was not returned and I was left trying to have a recovery drive when I should have been in the mix.

Hmm. At least from my perspective we collided on the apex, with me having no space and you having the entirety of the track. At the moment of contact I just went straight on as I already got damage and didn't want to spin.

The aftermath was my fault and sorry for that 🙇‍♂️, but you from my view you didn't give me space when the initial collision happened

Though I have to check the replay again later on

E: Some 2AM updates as time passes. Here's also an image after the impact, which is what I want to point out so that you can also be more aware of the position you took while side by side with another driver. I think it's quite self explanatory that no space was given to me even though I was side by side coming into the corner. I was trying my best to back down, but it proved to be impossible as I just had no space. I'd still suggest you to either use the virtual rear view mirror or the proximity arrows

image.thumb.png.c261e855cea0d7b667967e929df7e815.png

image.thumb.png.c01ef4e8d34d89c48aa56e4dd9ca0680.png

I do think it's just a racing incident up until the impact, but I fully accept the blame for the aftermath as I literally just steered into you. I felt completely unbalanced, and combined with front wing damage from the impact, I felt like I would spin if I wouldn't countersteer and push both of us off the track. I just couldn't get the hang of the track and every single lap felt completely different to one another. One lap I could do a personal best on a sector, while next lap I'd be a second off it.

All in all, a race to forget to me, and this is certainly something to try and learn about if I were to continue in the championship. I don't think there's anyone in the world that could be more angry at me than what I was to myself.

If I wanted to learn more, where can I find the full rules for this format? Like, how long are practice sessions and races, are setups allowed or banned, will weather be random, will open spots be filled with AI drivers, is there any rating / experience requirement, what happens if you fail to show up, and so on? As for the days / times you guys intend to drive, would you not want to use later times so people who have to work and drive home after would not be excluded?

Edited by Schneehase

27 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

If I wanted to learn more, where can I find the full rules for this format? Like, how long are practice sessions and races, are setups allowed or banned, will weather be random, will open spots be filled with AI drivers, is there any rating / experience requirement, what happens if you fail to show up, and so on? As for the days / times you guys intend to drive, would you not want to use later times so people who have to work and drive home after would not be excluded?

Format:

No practice, 50% race, Short (18min) Qualifying, Setups allowed, Weather is random, open spots not filled, no requirement. Hope that answers everything

10 out of 18 People voted in favor of moving away from the usual Friday Races, so I think we need to talk about that.
Also, how come we had 18 votes but not 18 people in last week's race? Is the vote #rigged? :Trump_Emoji.gif: