F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

PC Forum Championship | Season Three

UP100

Information
If you're looking for information, check out the page 1 of the thread!
PC Forum Championship | Season Three - F1 Chat - Codemasters Community

Links
Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/OdGIqsXZ
Standings: https://cmfc.3110.xyz/standings.rdr

Message added by UP100

I am interessted in joining. unfortunatly the invite for the steam groupchat doesn't work for me.

I have to say that the Season 3 Races have mostly been horrible thus far.
With people crashing me out in almost every race without any consequence for them whatsoever, I don't see myself having fun here.

Steve already quit the league and I can perfectly understand why. The fact that we never talked about regulars leaving this, is shocking to me.
I'll gladly admit that I am not the best driver out there, and even I do some mistakes that can negatively impact others races, but I at least take the blame and apologize.

On the other hand, we have newcomers who either do not know what race etiquette means or drive like it's the #1 Tryhard League out there (which to my understanding it clearly is not).

I really do not want to leave this because I had far more greater moments than bad ones, but we really need to do something about this. 

2 hours ago, JAMY said:

I am interessted in joining. unfortunatly the invite for the steam groupchat doesn't work for me.

I've updated the link, not sure what happened. Maybe the link shared by steviejay broke, or it wasn't for this chat 🙂 
https://s.team/chat/OdGIqsXZ

45 minutes ago, LSKone said:

I have to say that the Season 3 Races have mostly been horrible thus far.
With people crashing me out in almost every race without any consequence for them whatsoever, I don't see myself having fun here.

Steve already quit the league and I can perfectly understand why. The fact that we never talked about regulars leaving this, is shocking to me.
I'll gladly admit that I am not the best driver out there, and even I do some mistakes that can negatively impact others races, but I at least take the blame and apologize.

On the other hand, we have newcomers who either do not know what race etiquette means or drive like it's the #1 Tryhard League out there (which to my understanding it clearly is not).

I really do not want to leave this because I had far more greater moments than bad ones, but we really need to do something about this. 

My start of the season has been horrible as well, with Brazil being the only highlight so far. I've been bouncing between wanting to do over two hours of practice to not wanting to touch the game at all for ages now

I'm not sure what I can do at the moment. The idea of the league is to race around in a bit more controlled environment compared to the "Where's Barry?" Fridays, which were done in unranked. League racing can only be so controlled. There will always be incidents or drivers colliding with each other. Mistakes are inevitable. For example stevie and I had completely different views on what happened between us in the USGP.

If you have any driver in particular that has been constantly doing questionable moves or so, you can PM me and then I'll have to ponder over the report 🙂 

@LSKone I empathise, accidents happen. S3 is the only clearer league start I've had so far. 

However, like UP said, if there is any major recurring incidents, please PM both of us. My issue is here I believe I know who you may be inferring to, and it would look very suspect for me to discipline them as I'm P2 in the Championship to P1. As you know, winning the Championship is the last of my concerns, but it would look very self-indulgent.

But, PM away. Everyone, including the regulars, are incredibly valued and I want all players of the league to want to stay.

I don't really know what to say either and I don't want to point fingers just yet, as it seems to be a more fundamental issue than an individual.
We should all be racing on the same terms, and if we kick or punish someone now, next time someone new joins and the same **** happens all over again.

Everybody who joins this "League" should be very well aware of the fact that we basically just race for fun, there is no money whatsoever in it.
Respect is everything, and when people, especially regulars, leave or are about to leave then something is clearly wrong.

At the very least, let's keep talking on how we can improve the situation, and I'll start by tagging @steviejay69.
Please come back mate, I'm sure we can figure something out.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, LSKone said:

I don't really know what to say either and I don't want to point fingers just yet, as it seems to be a more fundamental issue than an individual.
We should all be racing on the same terms, and if we kick or punish someone now, next time someone new joins and the same **** happens all over again.

Everybody who joins this "League" should be very well aware of the fact that we basically just race for fun, there is no money whatsoever in it.
Respect is everything, and when people, especially regulars, leave or are about to leave then something is clearly wrong.

At the very least, let's keep talking on how we can improve the situation, and I'll start by tagging @steviejay69.
Please come back mate, I'm sure we can figure something out.

If I'm around tomorrow, which COVID makes it look very much like I will be, I will join just to have a go in the 2020 F2s to see if they're just like the 2019 F2 cars. I think the wheels are different, that's it? Or were the 2019 cars Monza spec?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

If I'm around tomorrow, which COVID makes it look very much like I will be, I will join just to have a go in the 2020 F2s to see if they're just like the 2019 F2 cars. I think the wheels are different, that's it? Or were the 2019 cars Monza spec?

Apparently people on the Steam Chat have been saying that there is some kind of difference, though I have zero clue. The rear is incredibly steady though, if that's different to the previous cars.

1 minute ago, TeenierNeilb69 said:

Will try and make todays F1 race,

I'm a bit confused though as the headline orange banner states F2 2020? (Is this a special round) @BarryBL

Yes @TeenierNeilb69

Its the joker round this week, so Abu Dhabi, F2 2020. Scoring for all players, scaled from 20 to 1 (1 extra for fastest lap). We're doing 3 joker rounds this year to give the championship a taste of some different areas of the game. I have a classic challenge planned for the next Joker after today.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, massa88 said:

fun race for me with podium on the end

Great launch to T1 for sure! Also how did you survive with those supersofts!? I wonder if F2 cars can get punctures as those percentages are mega high...

I was so close to snatching that P2 from you, but I certainly didn't deserve it after all my mistakes 😅

• Thanks 1

i was so scared last two lap that tyre will punctured so i was driving so carefully and also because my penaltis that you will get close enough to take my second position

You where faster on the end bu me lucky fo p2

• Like 1

That launch was insanely good @massa88 , respect. 
It's funny how dumb I look in that first corner, but still, I swear there was an interdimensional UP100 blocking me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jastrupa said:

Can i go for a Renault seat? 🙂 

Will do, though do note we are on Christmas break until 08/01, so your plans may be compromised if you want to join just for the holidays for example 🙂 

Just updating the main post to also have information about the break

Where ever you may be, I wish you all peaceful holidays and good health 🔥🎄🔥  😀👍

• Like 2

Welcome back, French GP today! 🙂 

2 hours ago, GobouSann said:

参加したいのです。

できればメルセデスに乗りたいです。

リーグへようこそ 🙂 

メルセデスの事は、Beznyと話しています。お待ちくださいね

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

リーグへようこそ 🙂 

メルセデスの事は、Beznyと話しています。お待ちくださいね

OK Thank you.

and I'm sorry to type in Japanese.

That is my setup mistake.

Hi! I would like to join the Italian GP and beyond. The team is Renault. Regards 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kon1303 said:

Hi! I would like to join the Italian GP and beyond. The team is Renault. Regards 🙂

Welcome! Added you to the list 🙂 

2 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Witamy! Dodano Cię do listy  🙂 

Dziękuję 🙂