Jump to content Jump to content

PC Forum Championship | Season Three

Message added by UP100

Information
If you're looking for information, check out the page 1 of the thread!
PC Forum Championship | Season Three - F1 Chat - Codemasters Community

Links
Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/OdGIqsXZ
Standings: https://cmfc.3110.xyz/standings.rdr

After a manual review, Mr-Z-e-r-o's finishing time of 38:57.591 does not match up to the finishing position of the driver nor the amount of penalties that should've been applied to the driver. According to my replay, Mr-Z-e-r-o finished right behind me, and in front of Bojan. Both drivers are reported to have received a 3 second penalty by the game (as shown in kisuke's and my footage). In the final results, the game reports Mr-Z-e-r-o being below Bojan, Ls_K and BarryBL, which I have deemed to be incorrect.

The original finishing time should be as follows:
38:51.591 + 3 second time penalty
= 38:54.591

This would be mean that the top 5 would be as follows:
wh15 - 38:49.037
UP100 - 38:50.489
Mr-Z-e-r-o - 38:54.591
Bojan - 38:55.281
Ls_K - 38:55.975

This decision was made in order to finish the standings for the weekend and may still be changed during next week. Feel free to share any complaints or thoughts about this in the main chat or on the forums.

The reason this action has been made is that the issue has happened on the finishing line, which means that the mismatch in times could not have an effect in the race or its drivers as the only driver that could react to the change were drivers some twenty seconds back.

image.thumb.png.a32b15c75dab39aba06bc5f92b7e41bf.png

image.png.01398547d89926d91796a7662b6a031c.png

image.png.d911f9fd73a4899ea0db3343ab5b82db.png

We are literally talking about 3 seconds here. For someone who is already at the top. Crazy.

I was talking to my pal @Reghinald about this and looking back at our season, way worse technical problems have happened to us than this, desyncs, game crashes, whatever.
My point is: **** happens. Especially when talking about the F1 games, notorious for having bugs in multiplayer. **** just happens. We never complained either and/or demanded anything to be reviewed, whatsoever. Especially not for 3 seconds.

tl;dr: There should not have been any changes made to the results, all in all this is rather ridiculous to me.

And yeah, other than the start and some minor things happening, that was quite a nice race.
Also, let's never invite randoms to the game again without them joining the forum beforehand.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, LSKone said:

We are literally talking about 3 seconds here. For someone who is already at the top. Crazy.

I was talking to my pal @Reghinald about this and looking back at our season, way worse technical problems have happened to us than this, desyncs, game crashes, whatever.
My point is: **** happens. Especially when talking about the F1 games, notorious for having bugs in multiplayer. **** just happens. We never complained either and/or demanded anything to be reviewed, whatsoever. Especially not for 3 seconds.

tl;dr: There should not have been any changes made to the results, all in all this is rather ridiculous to me.

And yeah, other than the start and some minor things happening, that was quite a nice race.
Also, let's never invite randoms to the game again without them joining the forum beforehand.

The reason I wanted to correct the mistake is because the incident happened when the driver crossed the finish line. The only driver to have a reasonable amount of time to react to it was so far back that there aren't any 'ifs' in this. Most indivitual issues we've had have happened during a race, which means that they are unfixable for many reasons. For example we couldn't fix Steve's S2 Italian GP result as it happened during the race and was the cause of a crash between him and kisuke. I also suggested some points to be awarded for the S2 Azerbaijan GP but that was scrapped due to differences in strategies I believe.

We did a similiar thing to the more extreme S2 Spa case, in which the result would be ReikoRaph 1st, David Greco 2nd and me in third if we hadn't taken action. Obviously this wasn't correct as ReikoRaph's final laptime was less than a single sector of a hot lap. Currently he is recorded to be 9th in the race in my standings, as his ghost finished the race and that's what I went with for the standings when I created them based on kisuke's replays. I believe he received 0 points in Barry's version. More of the story that this decision was made to get the standings out, rather than to be the final decision as we'll go through everything with @BarryBL next week.

At this point, I could still win the Grand Prix depending on what we decide.

• Agree 1
23 hours ago, Pawel567 said:

I sign up for your Forum Champions S3

We need a team in order for you to get signed up. Check the team list on page 1 🙂 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, xandosh said:

I would also like to join in this joker round. Let's hope we will get something good.

Please remember to join the Steam chat @xandosh and have either myself (BarryBL) or @UP100 added as a Steam friend to join. 

4 minutes ago, kon1303 said:

I would also like to join in this joker round.

No need to say it, you're in automatically as long as you turn up, as you have signed up for a team 🙂 

24 minutes ago, SingaporeTrackLizard said:

Proposal for next season. Do 2 races a week and double season length.

My Body is physically not able to produce the sweat needed for this amount of racing 😂

11 hours ago, GreenGreen said:

Hey! Everyone!
I came with the introduction of kisuke_CROW!
Let me participate in the Australian Grand Prix.

こんばんは

今はマクラーレンの状況が分からないから、リザーブドライバーとしてリストに追加しました。ロビーが開いているの時に、みんなと一緒にロビーに参加して、他のドライバーがチームを選ぶまでお待ちください。その後、私たちが(Barry、私)グリーンさんをチームに配属します。

問題があれば、キスケさんがきっとお手伝いします。

よろしくお願いします!

そして、英語で同じメッセージ:

Hey!

I don't know about what we are doing with McLaren at the moment, so I added you to the list as a reserve driver. When the lobby is open, join alongside everyone else and wait until others have picked their teams. After that, Barry or I will assign you to a team.

I'm sure that kisuke will help you if there are any problems.

• Like 2
  • BarryBL unpinned this topic