F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F2 pit stop Sprintrace

Hello everybody!

Do you have the same Problem, that in f2 in (50 % race lenght) sprintrace a lot cars Start on Soft compound and do a pit stop later, while it is a lot faster (and possible) do Start with the harder compound and complete the race without pitting? 

And nevertheless their is no different strategy in Feature race for the AI. They always Start on Soft and finish in Medium. But here it would be cool to see that some AI drivers choose the opposite strategy. 

I am not sure if this is a Bug or just a Problem of how f2 strategy is designed. What do you Think? 

Only issue I find with the sprint race is sometimes you do not start on the softest compound, no pit stop issues.

Big issue for me is the fact the car is constantly overfueled.

I have the very same problem and I reported it in the bug section of this forum. The cause of IA drivers making a pit stop in race 2 is that they waste all their sets of Hard tires during free practice, so in Race 2 they don't have any new set of Hard tires to use, and the used tires they use in race two don't have enough life to cover the full race distance. I suggest you to try to disable the free practice session (i.e. play your championship only with qualifying and the two races), so if there is no free practice IA won't waste all their tires.

7 hours ago, Coyote93 said:

I have the very same problem and I reported it in the bug section of this forum. The cause of IA drivers making a pit stop in race 2 is that they waste all their sets of Hard tires during free practice, so in Race 2 they don't have any new set of Hard tires to use, and the used tires they use in race two don't have enough life to cover the full race distance. I suggest you to try to disable the free practice session (i.e. play your championship only with qualifying and the two races), so if there is no free practice IA won't waste all their tires.

Uhh i also thought about that. So it is no individuel Problem. Thank you for sharing your expierences.  I hope CM can fix this while releasing f2 2020 in the game. 

I had this a few times in my F2 career where I would be called in, never saw the AI called in though. I just ignored them and stayed out but it is a bug for sure

IS this issue avoided if you run Feature at 50% and Sprint at 25% perhaps?

Been looking to do a F2 season, will be disappointed if it's not working properly. 

1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

IS this issue avoided if you run Feature at 50% and Sprint at 25% perhaps?

Been looking to do a F2 season, will be disappointed if it's not working properly. 

Seems to be just at 100% but don't let it put you off, it happened once to me at Baku in a 12 race season. I just stayed out, it didn't spoil the experience for me at all.

50 minutes ago, NeilUK02 said:

Seems to be just at 100% but don't let it put you off, it happened once to me at Baku in a 12 race season. I just stayed out, it didn't spoil the experience for me at all.

The problem is more with the AI pitting and basically gifting the player the race though, no? 

I did some F2 on 50%/50% when the game first came out and this was a problem then I just hoped they might have fixed it.

2 hours ago, NeilUK02 said:

It spoil the experience for people who want realism. Fighting for the championship and seeing our rival (and others) making a pit while he is in front of us is absurd and takes away all satisfaction.

It's a major issue.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

The problem is more with the AI pitting and basically gifting the player the race though, no? 

I did some F2 on 50%/50% when the game first came out and this was a problem then I just hoped they might have fixed it.

I can see the annoyance if the AI were pitting, I never experienced that myself. Hopefully a bug they will fix. There's so much scope to build on the F2 experience, I really enjoyed it but it didn't impact the F1 Career nearly enough for me. I posted a while ago about in the Suggestions section 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, NeilUK02 said:

I can see the annoyance if the AI were pitting, I never experienced that myself. Hopefully a bug they will fix. There's so much scope to build on the F2 experience, I really enjoyed it but it didn't impact the F1 Career nearly enough for me. I posted a while ago about in the Suggestions section 

Yeah for sure, as @kleed says above, when you're fighting for a championship and your rival pits for no other reason than the game can't organise tires properly, handing you the race, thats'a real issue and I'd imagine only overlooked because those playing F2 season all the way through are probably a small part of the user base. So that's a real shame. I will do some testing myself and see if there's any ways around it. 

Fully agree that it doesn't impact the career enough, it doesn't store your F2 results or anything and of course you can crash out of every race and still join Merc. (I guess as long as you don't beat Lewis.. er.. I mean Bottas, that's fine :classic_laugh:)

It was initially irritating because of course it's plastered everywhere that your F2 performance matters, but it's only a bit of acclaim when you start out, lol. It actually makes more of a difference in 2019 since it sets up a 'storyline' of sorts, and beings new drivers with you into F1. It was all a bit TOCA 3 for me, but it was still more than we actually got in 2020!

Edited by KNT2011
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2