Jump to content Jump to content

Around the globe Achievement

So after seeing that you guys got plenty of complaints about the "Spare Some Change for Gas?" achievement/trophy in Dirt 5 and reduced it from 10,000 miles to 1,000. Well how about changing the "Around the Globe" achievement/trophy for the latest GRID game as that's way more excessive than the one in Dirt 5.

If anyone else wants this to change please post in here.

10 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I don't work on GRID but I believe no more updates are planned for the game, so unlikely this will change.

Well its not like they can't get it done, Its the first Codemasters racing game i have not bought because of that achievement. I don't want to hate the game because of 1 achievement, as i don't want to spend 100hrs of grinding on the 1 track to get it. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be given a stern talking too.

Codemasters needs to be very careful on these things, because there are millions of achievement hunters out there and if others have avoided games because of this then Codies are losing money.

Didn't Microsoft & Sony waive patch fees a few years ago?

Could you please at least pass this on to someone in charge and see if they would consider it.

• Agree 1

On 11/19/2020 at 1:16 AM, CMTGK said:

Unfortunately, there are no such plans to make such a change in GRID.

Well plans can be changed with some feedback, this is what this thread is about. I posted here once many moons ago, but i'm sure there where threads about this back when the game released. 

Why is Codemasters only just now listening to its gamers by changing Dirt 5's but not willing to fix past mistakes.

Oh well its a lost sale for them.

• 3 weeks later...

No need to waste your time going round in circles guys, there is a way to "autodrive" the car. Only drawback is you have to come back every 2.5 hour or so to restart the race, but better than wasting your life driving around ovals for a stupid trophy.

Devs clearly don't care anymore about this game. I came back after learning a similar achievement in DIRT was patched because of the silly requirements, so it's definitely not a technical issue preventing them from doing it.

There's also the even sillier Two Wheels milestone, and the fact that some liveries cannot be unlocked. I've messaged CMTGK about it but just got ignored.

I've bought TOCA, CMR1/2, DIRT1/2/3, DR1/2, GRID1/2/3/4, F1 2010...but it stops here. Hope the Take Two takeover goes well guys, you'll need it 😉

Edited by GTPLeGeNd1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 12:33 PM, GTPLeGeNd1 said:

No need to waste your time going round in circles guys, there is a way to "autodrive" the car. Only drawback is you have to come back every 2.5 hour or so to restart the race, but better than wasting your life driving around ovals for a stupid trophy.

Devs clearly don't care anymore about this game. I came back after learning a similar achievement in DIRT was patched because of the silly requirements, so it's definitely not a technical issue preventing them from doing it.

There's also the even sillier Two Wheels milestone, and the fact that some liveries cannot be unlocked. I've messaged CMTGK about it but just got ignored.

I've bought TOCA, CMR1/2, DIRT1/2/3, DR1/2, GRID1/2/3/4, F1 2010...but it stops here. Hope the Take Two takeover goes well guys, you'll need it 😉

I don't want to have to come back to it hours later to restart a race, or leave my Xbox on to get this achievement.

PS...Take 2 got outbid by EA, so its definitely screwed over this, EA will probably shut them down in a couple of years 😞