Sign in to follow this  

All I can say is WOW!

Yesterday I ordered F1 2013 w/full game and classic cars, drivers, and tracks included from Amazon for $20.00 US, and today as I watched the Canadian F1 practice on NBCSPorts the postman delivered it!  Less then 24 hrs!  And then when I installed it, requiring a Steam Account which I already had, I found that they are still charging full price for it!  How do they manage to get away with that?

In any case I found that this newer version, ( I was running the 2011 version ), not only runs 100% better on my system with everything set as high as possible, but has much better stability and control than it's older brother as well!  In the 2011 version the same exact setup took me about four hours to get into shape...that is setting the car up, controller settings, brake and throttle settings for my Microsoft Precision 2 controller, and minimal helpers.  But in this version it took me less than 2 minutes and I was zooming around Spa better than I ever had before!  Of course I was almost 5 secs off the ghost car but at least I was driving in a straight line right out of the box!  I never enjoyed that in 2010 0r 2011!  On top of that I really thought the car and track graphics were pretty good in the two other versions I'd used, but this one looks so real on my 55 in Samsung that I could charge admission and watch my friends fall over as I made the turns!  I'm not kidding, it really does look and feel that much better!

I will say that I was at first a little dismayed by the new menu system and how at startup it takes you right into the young driver series, but then I found I could escape back out to the main menu just before my first free ride was about to start.  After that the only surprise I had was that it didn't allow me to choose my preferred car for the time trials I like to try first so as to setup things the way I like, but maybe I missed a menu selection, and if I didn't, it doesn't really matter as I plan on going thru the career mode first this time anyway.

All in all I must say that after 4 hours of playing the 2013 version, not even getting into the classics yet, I'm very pleased and haven't found anything worth degrading.  Great job CodeMasters...and if you're listening I have one suggestion for the next version that I'd been keeping to myself until I had a chance to run 2013, and that is that I think it would be a great help to have the option of showing the driving stats like rpm and mph at the bottom of the screen during full replays.  This would be a great aid when trying to determine when and where one's driving methods causes even a minimal loss of time!  I don't care much if the scenery is absolutely perfect, but tools like this could be of great help!

I've bought every one so far. 2013 is clearly the best. Very well optimized for PC while adding more world detail. The classics dlcs are a lot of fun. Especially Brands.