Forum Championship League | BELGIAN GP 22/01/2021 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | ONLINE SERVICES MAINTENANCE - STARTING 10:30AM BST | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Patch 1.13 | Notes

Patch 1.13 is now live across all platforms. Please see below for patch notes

New Features

• Added an option to allow the player to choose their preferred commentary language.
  • Penalties are now shown on the HUD (both in-race and spectator mode).
  • The customisable car now has 11 slots for sponsor decals.

My Team

• Fixed an issue that meant the player could not sign Lewis Hamilton despite meeting all the requirements.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Facilities to reset.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Facilities progress bar to disappear.

Driver Career

• Fixed an issue that could cause teams to drop their number 1 driver if the player signs for them.
  • Fixed an issue that caused blue flags to disappear after using a Mid-Session Save.

Multiplayer

• Changes have been made to reduce the chance of being disconnected from a game session.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a host with a slow connection to start the race before other players.
  • Fixed an issue in Weekly Events that caused all players to exit the session after a host migration.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur issue when skipping through cut scenes after retiring from a Weekly Event qualifying session.
  • Fixed an issue in Leagues that caused results to not submit following the completion of a session.
  • Fixed an issue where camera functionality would be restricted when re-joining an online session.
  • Added countdown lights when taking control of your car on track after re-joining a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the AI to have unrealistic lap times following a host migration.
  • Fixed an issue in spectator mode that caused the lap counter to show the incorrect lap number after a formation lap.

General

• The Race Director will now correctly show the tyre used to set a lap time in practice sessions.
  • Players will no longer receive a corner cutting warning when entering the pits at Circuit Zandvoort when using strict corner cutting rules.
  • Fixed an issue where users could get illegal overtake penalties under the safety car/VSC when giving a position back.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed the player to gain a time advantage at the end of a VSC period.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the lap counter to show the incorrect lap number after a formation lap.
  • Various other bug fixes and improvements.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

OK what just happened. 
A Patch that includes new features, actually fixes stuff INCLUDING a lot of fixes for the Multiplayer. What the frig just happened hello is this real.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Added an option to allow the player to choose their preferred commentary language.

Selecting a different language gives no commentary at all.

1 minute ago, aartstyle said:

Added an option to allow the player to choose their preferred commentary language.

Selecting a different language gives no commentary at all.

If you're on PC check that the F1 2020/audio/2020/speech folder includes the files of the language you want to use. At least up until this patch, the game only downloaded the files that are needed for you to play the game.

For example I have the game set to Japanese on Steam, so I have en_ (English) and ja_ (Japanese) files.

image.png.59fc099d578d6005b9786e617380d92e.png

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Multiplayer

• Changes have been made to reduce the chance of being disconnected from a game session.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a host with a slow connection to start the race before other players.

It has happened 😍

Keep it up :classic_tongue:

Still no fix for the corrupt file saves? (xbox one). I still can't access my save and have likely lost hours and hours of game time and huge amounts of progression.

18 minutes ago, Teapot007 said:

Still no fix for the corrupt file saves? (xbox one). I still can't access my save and have likely lost hours and hours of game time and huge amounts of progression.

We are still investigating this @Teapot007, and is a complicated one to look into. Sorry for the wait on this.

Any estimate of time? I'm not a massive on line gamer and the my career is where I get most of my enjoyment from this game. And now its just sat there unplayed as if I start again (which I really dont want to do considering the progression I've made), it's likely gunna happen again.

1 minute ago, Teapot007 said:

Any estimate of time? I'm not a massive on line gamer and the my career is where I get most of my enjoyment from this game. And now its just sat there unplayed as if I start again (which I really dont want to do considering the progression I've made), it's likely gunna happen again.

We have a number of saves from PS4 and PC that we are looking at, however, at this time, I cannot confidently give an ETA for this. Apologies.

I hope that me getting many errors in league races is gone now, or even reduced. I'm looking forward to this patch!

Penalties are now shown on the HUD (both in-race and spectator mode).

@BarryBL What does it mean Barry, in HUB Customization I couldnt see anything different. 

Edited by oner7

On 11/17/2020 at 7:22 AM, oner7 said:

Penalties are now shown on the HUD (both in-race and spectator mode).

@BarryBL What does it mean Barry, in HUB Customization I couldnt see anything different. 

On the left hand side of the HUD you see in race, you will now see penalty flags and how long the penalty is. This is also present in spectator mode.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Can we have a comment on why the join glitch has resurfaced? It was really obvious online last night. 

I mean, good work on the penalties for the totem, it's useful and seems to remove them correctly when served (like 5s time penalties).

Haven't managed to figure out the counting system for the cut penalties because I haven't got enough yet 🙂

PS. The restricted spectator mode I don't think is fixed - I'll upload video because it certainly behaved oddly last night, and I was host. I might even have the code.

Edited by steviejay69

How is the new update?

More bugs than before. Amazing!

- hands on steering wheel and mechanics becoming invisible execpt for sponsor logos

-  kph switched to mph (ok, easy fix via menu)

- random crash in garage (okay, happened before but still.....)

- AI in training sessions now behaves like a madman and crashes into your car at every opportunity

9 minutes ago, HamilkarBarkas said:

- hands on steering wheel and mechanics becoming invisible execpt for sponsor logos

-  kph switched to mph (ok, easy fix via menu)

- random crash in garage (okay, happened before but still.....)

- AI in training sessions now behaves like a madman and crashes into your car at every opportunity

HI @HamilkarBarkas,

If you are experiencing issues, please report these using the bug reporting template as a new thread. Link for reference:

On 11/16/2020 at 10:25 AM, BarryBL said:

Fixed an issue that allowed the player to gain a time advantage at the end of a VSC period.

I know the intent was good, but I feel it is very much too sensitive. See here from my AOR league race last night at 38:25. I rolled the corner with no attempt to gain an advantage

Edited by TeenierNeilb69

I am also very disappointed. No longer have the option in French. Jeff on the radio and commentators now in English.
  • Agree 1

On 11/23/2020 at 8:02 PM, gaun01 said:

I am also very disappointed. No longer have the option in French. Jeff on the radio and commentators now in English.

Has been logged with developers and a update for this planned for the next patch.

• Like 1

is it just me or can't i switch to kph since this patch and the hud shows mph ?

i can't switch anymore...

11 hours ago, basgrupp said:

is it just me or can't i switch to kph since this patch and the hud shows mph ?

i can't switch anymore...

Make a bug report with a video or pictures, so Codemasters can have a look and maybe include it in the next patch.