Jump to content Jump to content

No longer able to move proximity arrows

We used to be able to resize the HUD, which if I remember correctly would also move the location of the proximity arrows, but with the new HUD functionality where you can reposition each individual element, now the proximity arrows are stuck at the bottom.  This is a problem for me because I try to position my setup so that my wheel is at the same position as the in game wheel, for realism.  So the proximity arrows are covered by my wheel and wheelbase, and I can only see the arrows when they are at the side of the screen, not when they are at the bottom.

Can we add an option to reposition the bottom of the proximity arrows area?

Here is my rationale:  I like to setup my display in a way to make it as close as possible to what an actual F1 driver would see.  So I run cockpit view, with a realistic FOV, and I place my TV so that the center of the screen is at eye level.  I place my wheel in a height that is similar to F1 drivers' driving position (pretty high).

Because the PS4 doesn't support ultrawide monitors AFIK, the only way to get a better horizontal FOV is to get a bigger TV or to move the TV closer to me.  Since I try to maintain the center of the TV at eye level, as I move my TV closer to me more of the bottom half is covered by my wheel.  I can move my TV up and adjust the vertical angle seting, but even with the angle set to the max, I still get some of the bottom of the screen covered by the wheel and therefore the proximity arrows are also covered.  If I move my TV up even more, beyond the vertical angle setting, then I end up with a feeling that I'm always driving uphill.