Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Fanatec Podium DD1 low FFB

A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

If I restart my Fanatec Podium F1 DD1 wheel when the F1 2020 game is open, then I get a weirdly weak FFB.  In order to get the proper FFB, I have to press the PS button to go to the PS4 main screen, turn off my wheel, turn it back on, and then press the PS button on the wheel to enable it.  Then I can go back to the F1 game and the wheel will have the proper FFB.

I also get the same behavior if my wheelbase is on and the PlayStation goes into sleep mode.  If I push the button at the front of the console to bring it back up, the wheel will run in the weak FFB mode until I restart it using the procedure above.

Platform

PS4

What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Game-mode?

Any game mode.

We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Yes.

How do you make the problem happen?

Go to the game main screen.  Turn off the wheel and turn it back on.  Push the PS button in the wheel.  PlayStation will show a screen asking who is using the controller.  Select the player and press X.  Now the wheel has weak FFB.

What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I have the following workaround.

Go to PlayStation's home screen.  Turn off the wheel and turn it back on.  Push the PS button in the wheel.  PlayStation will show a screen asking who is using the controller.  Select the player and press X.  Go back to the F1 game.  Now the wheel has proper FFB.