Cockpit VS TV Pod

half half first half of the season i drive from cockpit and the second one TV Pod 

• Like 1

With a pad i would seitch between cockpit and centralised tv pod but now I have a wheel its cockpit and realistic FOV all the way.

Bought a 34 inch 3440 x 2560 ultrawide to recover abit of the lost FOV you get as it looks mega close to begin with.

But going back to default is aweful now.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

With a pad i would seitch between cockpit and centralised tv pod but now I have a wheel its cockpit and realistic FOV all the way.

Bought a 34 inch 3440 x 2560 ultrawide to recover abit of the lost FOV you get as it looks mega close to begin with.

But going back to default is aweful now.

I had bought a gaming monitor too last month but my it's only 27 inch and I am so happy with him.. I play in a Pad too because I haven't opportunity and space to go for an wheel right now

• Like 1

I was thinking about whether using cockpit and tv pod. I will choose but can you also tell WHY you use that cam instead of the other. AND FOR ALL COCKPIT USERS IF YOU DONT KNOW: YOU CAN HAVE THE FULL HUD IN COCKPIT CAM! CHECK OUT THIS PIC 😀😁 This is not a mod. This was added in patch 1.09. Right now the latest patch is 1.13

Edit: Plus i dont use cockpit cam at the moment but i want to see if i should. Keep the answers and reasons coming!

Full HUD in Cockpit.png

Edited by IneedToPlayGame

What I am asking from all of you is that why do you use tv pod/cockpit. I know that tv pod lets you see more of the track, but with tv pod you have a fish eye vision. But in cockpit you have tunnel vision which is much better. So is a better FOV (field of vision) in tv pod better than having tunnel vision in cockpit. Ill let you all give your opinions

Edited by IneedToPlayGame

I have been using cockpit view since I started sim racing back in the 90s because it seemed like the right thing to do If I wanted to feel like I was actually driving the car. But this year I was getting frustrated not being able to improve my lap times so... I thought I would try the TV pod view because so many "pro" sim racers were using it. Actually prefer the offset pod view. Well, my lap times improved by 1.5 to 2 seconds! Really ****** me off!

A couple of difference's I found was a perceived sense of speed and and of course the better field of vision. The biggest benefit I found was I could brake a lot later than in cockpit view. I still go back and run TT in cockpit to try and improve because ultimately I want to use the cockpit view.

I would try the TV pod view because so many "pro" sim racers were using it

that is the biggest joke even in this story, a "pro" should use the Cockpit Cam, the only thing which can be adjusted are the FOV settings, but not the TV pod cam. I grew up with F1 games where there was no TV pod cam (in Grand Prix 2 e.g.) so I was used to the cockpit cam from the beginning.

But I get your point mate, sure you are quicker with TV cam, as you can see corners better as well. I think in USA e.g. I would make 1 sec min better than in cockpit view.

But hey it is everyones decisions right? 🙂

• Like 3

11 hours ago, IneedToPlayGame said:

What I am asking from all of you is that why do you use tv pod/cockpit. I know that tv pod lets you see more of the track, but with tv pod you have a fish eye vision. But in cockpit you have tunnel vision which is much better. So is a better FOV (field of vision) in tv pod better than having tunnel vision in cockpit. Ill let you all give your opinions

There is no better or beneficial. It all depends on your personal feeling. Try both a few rounds and decide whats best for you.

Don't believe the "this is faster..." story. You are fast, if it feels good for you. I raced in both views and i nearly have the same speed. Each view has it's pros and cons.

• Agree 1