Jump to content Jump to content

Car handling is terrible on PC with a 360 controller!

paul4578

I used a 360 controller with previous versions of this game and the handling felt perfect but this year it's all over the place! I can hardly play it and I'll probably end up taking it back and getting my money back. It feels really jerky. When the car is stood still and you hold left or right it doesn't look right or hold to the side you're pressing. And when you're driving it feels way too dramatic and the car goes all over the place.

Using Xbox 360 controller with no issues at all here (yes, you get a ton of wheelspin off the start, but you just have to be gentle on the throttle--that's how it's supposed to be), but no doubt there seems to be a problem. Which is weird, as presumably all first-party 360 controllers are pretty much identical hardware.
I also had to assign the gear up and gear down buttons to the keyboard because when they were on the analogue stick the gears wouldn't change automatically when they should have - another sign of a problem with the game reacting to the 360 controller.

Archived