F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Will ever ever see player mechanical failures?

to bring back this topic, yesterday I saw the most recent video from "aarava" in his myTeam mode, he was driving through Hungary and faced an engine failure which kicked him out of the race, first smoke from the rear end and then the car stopped. it was due to wear engine but anyhow, it can happen? I wasn`t aware of this to be honest.

That’s because he forced it to happen. He ran down a component to complete 100% wear - that part he doesn’t tell you. I’ve done that multiple times. You can too, but it just means you have loss of power the whole race. 

15 minutes ago, adamgbr44 said:

That’s because he forced it to happen. He ran down a component to complete 100% wear - that part he doesn’t tell you. I’ve done that multiple times. You can too, but it just means you have loss of power the whole race. 

and at the end your engine blows up and race over? so if you want you can force it ? but ok, who wants to force it right?! 😄

Correct - exact same thing happened to me. Rather than it blowing and you slowing down and pulling over to the side, it blows and you spin out. I only forced it to see how long it would take for it to happen. Would never do it again as it severely reduces power and you get done by the AI. Worth a try if you want to see for yourself though.

• Thanks 1

How about the 'failure chance' of any new major component upgrade is actually applied to that part in the race? Even though you may retire you could still get any race weekend achievements applied as say a top ten finish if you retire whilst tenth. So the only thing you actually lose if the car fails is the points. This could also mean that component that failed in the race is now automatically remade with no chance of failure as the factory has a chance to see why it failed in a race condition and fixes the issue. 

On 11/18/2020 at 2:31 PM, Zakarex said:

Yeah I agree I would like it! Well I guess not ‘like’ it, but it would be cool and frustrating and more realistic. What happens when your your engine gets to 100%? I’ve never let it happen yet!

I started using an engine for practice only and kept it in after the warning sign came up saying to change it. I got it to 100% and the only thing I had happen was a big speed decrease, similar to low fuel mode, and the visual of smoke out the back. The session ended within a lap or 2 of it getting to 100% though so I couldn’t see what would have happened had I kept driving with it.