Sign in to follow this  

Track limits

Honestly the track limits on this game are a joke, regular track limits is like non existing track limits, the amount of cutting you can get away with is ridiculous and the strict track limits are way to harsh.

The track limits on strict need to be limiting after the cerbs in stead of the white line just like irl...

Also why does every corner on this game have track limits? There are corners where you don't even gain time if you go wide or cut the inside but you still get a penalty...

Please have a look into this

@Olavstar

please keep in mind that CM’s F1 2020 is a video game and NOT a simulator. The track limits on strict setting is there to insure we are all playing on an even playing field. Cross the white lines with more then 2 tires & gaining time, you are out of bounds. You can get away with it if you do not gain time, sometimes. I have no problems with the the track limits as they are. If you are looking for “real life” limits, you must look elsewhere, you will not find it in this video game. I believe CM uses the white lines as the limits to make sure we all know where the line is while playing. In doing this there is no question where the line is and if you went too far a out of bounds. The white line clearly defines the track limits for an entire lap. Please do not take offense to this but this has been brought up in numerous post before. There has to be a limit somewhere in order to keep it fair for us who choose to race in any of the online modes, including TT, weekly events, esports, leagues and ranked rooms. Again, this is an entry level video game & not a simulator. You will not find this level of realism in a $70 a year video game. I suggest iRacing if you really want realism. It is a simulator, which you will spend more money to participate in, but you will find it more inline with real life. In no way am I trying to offend you, so please don’t be mad at me. 

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, Getts0388 said:

@Olavstar

please keep in mind that CM’s F1 2020 is a video game and NOT a simulator. The track limits on strict setting is there to insure we are all playing on an even playing field. Cross the white lines with more then 2 tires & gaining time, you are out of bounds. You can get away with it if you do not gain time, sometimes. I have no problems with the the track limits as they are. If you are looking for “real life” limits, you must look elsewhere, you will not find it in this video game. I believe CM uses the white lines as the limits to make sure we all know where the line is while playing. In doing this there is no question where the line is and if you went too far a out of bounds. The white line clearly defines the track limits for an entire lap. Please do not take offense to this but this has been brought up in numerous post before. There has to be a limit somewhere in order to keep it fair for us who choose to race in any of the online modes, including TT, weekly events, esports, leagues and ranked rooms. Again, this is an entry level video game & not a simulator. You will not find this level of realism in a $70 a year video game. I suggest iRacing if you really want realism. It is a simulator, which you will spend more money to participate in, but you will find it more inline with real life. In no way am I trying to offend you, so please don’t be mad at me. 

I get your point, but I discussed it with many people in league racing and we all feel the same about it, its so inconsistent at sometimes that it becomes annoying. I know its not a simulator and I accept that, but I do feel, as they are the official video game, they have to somehow replicate real live aspects in the game. Such as track limits being applied when you cross the cerbs with all 4 wheels in stead of the white line.

Strict is actually just as it is in the fia rules. See attached picture.

the reason they change in real life is they have a steward there and deem no time gained by running the curb.

I will say they are getting stricter on track limits in real life too. But codemasters can only go by what to rules state.

771D2955-50CB-41DB-B9EE-2E73F17E74F4.png