F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

PS4 F1 2020 on ps5

I can confirm saves carry over from PS4 to PS5.  Not had a chance to play it much, but does also appear to look better on PS5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ildavo said:

I can confirm saves carry over from PS4 to PS5.  Not had a chance to play it much, but does also appear to look better on PS5.

Same here. My Ps4 Cloud save works perfect on Ps5. The frame rate looks stable also.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GioProductions said:

Same here. My Ps4 Cloud save works perfect on Ps5. The frame rate looks stable also. 

are the texture issues fixed? late texture loading for example?

8 hours ago, ildavo said:

Thanks for the update. Are you comparing to a PS4 or PS4 Pro here?

4 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

are the texture issues fixed? late texture loading for example?

Were can i see this very clear? So i can test it. I had before the Ps5, the Ps4 Pro

I have downloaded F1 2020 on the Playstation 5 and must say it looks much more 4K now than it has before on the PS4 Pro. Additionally it runs much smoother now like constant 60 fps. You can really feel the difference. The loading times are a lot faster also. So far big improvement to PS4 version! 👍

Edited by AllenB2609
  • Like 1

it runs real smooth (60 fps it feels like) and looks like real 4K now. Big improvement IMO.

12 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

Were can i see this very clear? So i can test it. I had before the Ps5, the Ps4 Pro

for example when the starting grid is presented and you see some cars textures pop up late on the ps4 pro and it looked "washed" not clear, after a few seconds it loads and it is clear. further when you create your own car in myTeam and you have 2 colors in cockpit view, for example white and red, the color cut has huge pixels (there is a threat in bug forum about this topic, but I don`t know how to link it 😄 )

ah there we go, there you see what I mean

I have downloaded F1 2020 on the Playstation 5 and must say it looks much more 4K now than it has before on the PS4 Pro. Additionally it runs much smoother now like constant 60 fps. The loading times are a lot faster also. So far big improvement to PS4 version! 👍

sounds good mate, maybe you can check the texture issue as well. 🙂 enjoy guys!

Edited by svensenk86
link added

I don't usually get digital versions of games, but so glad I did for F1 2020 (mainly due to lockdown situation) when i got it shortly after release for PS4.  I ocassionally play split screen with it with a T300RS and G29, but thought i'd try 2 player across LAN (my wife on PS4 with G29 and projector in one room and me on PS5 and 4k 55 inch TV).  It worked like a dream!  So easy to set up.  I only have an original PS4 and now having compared back to back, playing on PS5 is vastly superior in looks and smoothness.  Having skipped PS4 Pro, I really appreciate the next gen jump!

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 8:02 AM, Ultra3142 said:

Thanks for the update. Are you comparing to a PS4 or PS4 Pro here?

Sorry, should have said I'm comparing to original PS4 (i never owned a pro).  Having had time to compare one after the other, it looks hugely better on the PS5!

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 4:22 PM, AdrianLennon said:

Have we had any update how the PS4 2020 runs on the ps5 yet 

I have made a short video for f1 2020 on the ps5 In console performance mode. Its great and works with ps4 users 

On 11/20/2020 at 11:40 AM, GioProductions said:

See there mate. I made a small vid. Its real smooth now when racing . I like it better in performance mode so the fps is more stable . This is my testing for most the other games . Not sure if there's a difference for f1 on performance or resolution mode 

13 hours ago, ildavo said:

Sorry, should have said I'm comparing to original PS4 (i never owned a pro).  Having had time to compare one after the other, it looks hugely better on the PS5!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. I have an original PS4 too so they're actually very relevant for me :classic_smile:.