F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

PS4 F1 2020 on ps5

I’m probably going to have to sell my PS4 when I get the PS5 so I want to know if I will be able to put the PS4 disc in and play it as normal on PS5 using backwards compatibility. This is particularly important for me since I often do commentary for PlayStation F1 leagues.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Not that I could answer your question - but has your PS4 ever accepted PS3 games before?

Well no, because it’s not made for backwards compatibility 

PS5 can do it, just I know there are some games that won’t be able to do it and I haven’t been able to find anything on F1 being able to do it. I just wanted to check.

From the Sony website (https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/games/ps5-backward-compatibility-games/).

It looks like the amount of backwards compatible games greatly outweighs those that are not compatible. 4000+ games are compatible apparently.

It looks like the PS5 is just a very upgraded PS4 which is good.  I'd try and get confirmation from Codemasters first.

Edited by JonnyHoonit

Tomorrow (12th of Nov) we will know, when the Ps5 launch. Maybe somebody with the Ps5 and F1 2020, can let us know how it runs and if it looks the same as on Ps4, framerate and if there are any issues etc.

I am also curious if you can set the commentary audio different from the Ps5 menu..i have seen that as an option on the Ps5 on youtube...

Edited by GioProductions

On 11/11/2020 at 3:07 PM, GioProductions said:

Tomorrow (12th of Nov) we will know, when the Ps5 launch.

Bear in mind that the European release date isn't until 19 November, after which I'd guess there is greater chance of an F1 game player chipping in.

Dude it works... u guys ever read internet? Every PS4 game can be played on a PS5. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, RP20 said:

Dude it works... u guys ever read internet? Every PS4 game can be played on a PS5. 

Before reacting this way, you could've actually read the internet to find that backwards compatibility isn't 100% guaranteed and problems may occur. Besides that, the Codemasters games have never been without bugs, so I wouldn't be surprised if things won't work as they should. I hope it works flawlessly, but it would be nice to hear some first hand experience from people that have already played the game on a PS5.

• Agree 2

What about the xbox users which are alteady online? Could they use their saves and myTeam careers on the new one?

Just now, svensenk86 said:

What about the xbox users which are alteady online? Could they use their saves and myTeam careers on the new one?

Yes, using the cloud. My save on my Series S works. PS4 copies of the game will work on PS5.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Yes, using the cloud. My save on my Series S works. PS4 copies of the game will work on PS5.

Quick question for @BarryBL

Does the new Xbox Series X (Next Gen Xbox) still have the same old Microsoft SDK limitation of only 4 mappable buttons? Thanks

Hi Hamish,

To clarify, I have the Series S Xbox, and F1 2020 is still the same game coming from the Xbox One. I haven't confirmed this yet, but I'd presume so for now, yes.

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

PS4 copies of the game will work on PS5.

Will there be any performance enhancements from running on the PS5, like improvements in frame rate?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi Hamish,

To clarify, I have the Series S Xbox, and F1 2020 is still the same game coming from the Xbox One. I haven't confirmed this yet, but I'd presume so for now, yes.

Can you use now microphone for talk to box without kinect?

what interests me most is, is the texture issue fixed?? this looked ugly on the PS4 pro, shouldn`t be an issue anymore on the 5

Hi guys, 

Is anyone able to confirm if PS4 game saves will be transferred to the PS5 when it is out tomorrow for us in Europe? (My Career etc). I think it does for Xbox but Codies have said for Dirt 5 it will for Xbox but doesn't for Sony. 

9 minutes ago, Intes said:

Hi guys, 

Is anyone able to confirm if PS4 game saves will be transferred to the PS5 when it is out tomorrow for us in Europe? (My Career etc). I think it does for Xbox but Codies have said for Dirt 5 it will for Xbox but doesn't for Sony. 

I do not have the PS5 yet but sure thing mate, make sure you take your savegames from the 4 to the 5, then all is good, no worries. As written before, you can read everything in the internet and on youtube you find several videos already how to transfer your ps4 to the 5...so calm down and relax

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Intes said:

Hi guys, 

Hi @Intes,

Where Xbox uses the could for saves, Sony allow PlayStation users to export their saves onto things like a USB for example. As well as making a devs life easier, this does mean that you can transfer your saves over quite easily.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I'm only questioning it because Codies have said Dirt 5 saved data won't transfer, and therefore I'm uncertain with F1. Don't really want to buy the console and see that I have to start a brand new My Team (me purchasing the PS5 now rather than next year depends on this). Thanks Sven. 

• Like 1