Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[XBOX ONE] [My Team save lost] after update 1.13

was not sure if there was a form to fill out for bug reports but here what happened to me today

1. A detailed description of the issue.

I got notified about an update to which I agreed to, after that i was playing a good few races in my team no problem then all of a sudden after one race i get the message corrypt save overide current save. I was given the option to either try save again and overide the save continue without saving or overide the save. I tried to continue without saving hoping to save later on but then i got hit with the same message saying i had to save the game, so i did and i think on the 3rd time it worked, when i logged on today all my progress was lost and im really ****** because I was 5 seasons in . On the podium pass it says i am tier 5 but all my progress and saved videos are gone. 

I saw people had similar problems in V1.08 ive had this game for less than a months so this is ridiculous i dont want to have to start from the begining 

2. Platform: Xbox One 

3. game version: updated to 1.13 

4. My team

5. What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

not sure what this means but the messaged poped up a few times until it let me continue. 

6.   What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings?

i have no idea where id start to be honest

7. Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs?

i do not have a video as i did not know this was going to happen sorry 

Hi @mlevy50,

We are investigating this at the moment with other save game files. Unfortunately, we cannot access your Xbox save files from a dev perspective (only PS4 and PC users can give us their save), but this is something we are looking into. If possible, can you attach a video demonstrating you trying to get into your savegame and where it corrupts with the message it gives. Thanks.

1. A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

@BarryBL This is not exclusively tied to version 1.13. I had exactly the same thing happening in my My Team-save in the second championship-season towards the end in belgium and 1 or 2 races later again (on the same day).
Had to hit the option several times to get it to continue, but can't remember wich one of the 3 I choosed.
I also unfortunately did not made a video and it didn't happened again since.

The game also crashed at the beginning of the first training session in belgium going out of the box.
Not sure if that is related to that.

All of this was 2 weeks ago, last week of the last podium pass. So version 1.12.1.

But I didn't lost anything, not the My Team-save or anything else.

The game seems quite unstable to me, had quite a few crashes and corrupt save game warnings over the months.

2. Platform

Xbox One S

3. What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Experienced on 1.12.1, didn't updated and played the game since the end of podium pass 2.
Also happened on several older versions earlier.

4. Game-mode?

Happened in My Team, first save slot. 2nd season in belgium (22 race championship) and 1 or 2 races later the same day.

5. We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

As a player you can't force this to happen. It happens when the game tries to save, but it is quite rare.
Had this several weeks/months before the last time 2 weeks ago on older versions of the game.
It started to happen after I created a second save for My Team, but it happened on the first save.
Not sure if this is related, because around the same time I started to play the game more intensively.

6.   What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings?

See 5. No chance to fix this or replicate it.
Console has always the latest firmware, also the game.

7. What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Nothing else than a standard X-Box One S-controller.

8. Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs?

No.

• Thanks 1

@UnderclassGDfan

Silly question here, but I've got to confirm it. So you can continue your MyTeam save? Has it corrupted to a point where its unusable? I just want to work out whether its a savegame issue (which we are continuing to cover) or a more Xbox-related issue that is slightly different.

29 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

@UnderclassGDfan

Silly question here, but I've got to confirm it. So you can continue your MyTeam save? Has it corrupted to a point where its unusable? I just want to work out whether its a savegame issue (which we are continuing to cover) or a more Xbox-related issue that is slightly different.

After that crash happened in the first training session going out of the box in belgium (crash to dashboard, auto-close of the game) I restarted the game immidiately.
Was going back to my save were it happened and it loaded directly into the first training session.
Everything was fine until the game tried to save at the end of the session.

Got a darkened screen with "Your save game is corrupt and we could not save, do you want to overwrite it?" (it was in german, so about that meaning)
I hit the first option several times without success. Then I hit the 2nd or 3rd option I believe (can't 100% remember, so I'm not sure) and I could continue.
After that it saved several times without any warning messages.
The same happened 1 or 2 races later again on the same day, this time choosing the 2nd or 3rd option right away and it worked.
Continued playing several races without any issue and making sure I got "normal" save icons in the top left corner.
Left My Team and restarted it from main menu the same day to see if the save is corrupt or had progression lost, but everything was fine.
Since then nothing happened again, could use the save file like normal for another several days.

TL;DR
My My Team-save is definitely working fine.
Didn't played since 3 hours before the end of podium pass 2, though.
But it worked fine for 3 days after the problem.

EDIT:
@BarryBL
Reading the first post again I'm quite sure I didn't used the option "continue without saving".
I'm quite sure I used the option "overwrite save".
This is probably the reason I have a working save and he not.
We both had corrupt saves, but I "overwrite" mine and he just continued without saving...and with a corrupt save that means basically without a save at all.

But I remember beeing VERY unsure what to do, when it happened.
With such a critical thing you should not have 3 options available, the game should automatically overwrite the corrupt save and fix it that way.
I can't imagine a situation were someone would want to continue without saving, really.

Edited by UnderclassGDfan

On 11/20/2020 at 11:52 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi @mlevy50,

We are investigating this at the moment with other save game files. Unfortunately, we cannot access your Xbox save files from a dev perspective (only PS4 and PC users can give us their save), but this is something we are looking into. If possible, can you attach a video demonstrating you trying to get into your savegame and where it corrupts with the message it gives. Thanks.

Hi, im not the most technical where can i look for these files?