Jump to content Jump to content

Visual bug in rain weather. White blinking lights


Recommended Posts

So this has happened to me before in the wet in the first season of My Team career mode at the Brazilian GP in the wet when  the screen kept on flashing white when  I am behind a f1 car, I checked my TV and that is is fine, so now in the third season of my team career mode now at the Vietnam GP, wet race and behind cars the screen started flashing white again so the safety car came out and the best chance to get the footage https://youtu.be/WwdcYm-WYoQ it is 5 seconds long, and first the safety car was quite away and no flashing white on screen then it started flashing white when I got closed to the safety car, this is the second time I managed to replicate it in game. The version of the game is the latest version, available. This make wet weather horrible to drive in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I have an issue in every wet race, when I follow any car my whole screen starts to rapidly blink in full white color. Also sometimes but very rarely it happends on dry races. Someone already posted that issue on reddit with f1 2018, I had the same issue with F1 2019 and now it is still not fixed (not to my surprise cause you know c: ). Now I will use someone's footage of this bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwdcYm-WYoQ&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=LJCStudiosGaming

 

And here is this forum thread about this: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/59304-i-am-getting-a-flashing-white-on-the-screen/  where nobody gave 'anything'

 

I would like to have a reaction from support

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Hi, 

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow and complete the template below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Please add your bug report onto this thread or I will not be able to replicate or diagnose 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

No error codes at all. As I said when I follow any car my whole screen starts to rapidly blink in full white color. It happens exactly when i hit the particles of water from the car in front of me.

  • Platform

Win 10

  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.13

  • Game-mode?

Every game mode.

  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Yes, every time i start playing wet race.

  • How do you make the problem happen?

I turn on wet race and go behind any car.

  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Updating card drivers, 

  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Xbox One gamepad or keyboard

  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwdcYm-WYoQ&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=LJCStudiosGaming

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/14/2020 at 4:28 AM, matchoo23 said:

I have this same issue! It literally hurts my eyes. This could give someone a seizure. Can the moderator PLEASE respond. @BarryBL

 

 

On 8/14/2020 at 11:09 PM, LozzerTheRef said:

So this has happened to me before in the wet in the first season of My Team career mode at the Brazilian GP in the wet when  the screen kept on flashing white when  I am behind a f1 car, I checked my TV and that is is fine, so now in the third season of my team career mode now at the Vietnam GP, wet race and behind cars the screen started flashing white again so the safety car came out and the best chance to get the footage https://youtu.be/WwdcYm-WYoQ it is 5 seconds long, and first the safety car was quite away and no flashing white on screen then it started flashing white when I got closed to the safety car, this is the second time I managed to replicate it in game. The version of the game is the latest version, available. This make wet weather horrible to drive in.

 

3 hours ago, KonradKar said:

I've got exactly the same issue but on Xbox Series X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVbUfpGBAUA 

@BarryBL do you have any updates on this? Playinhg this way gives me nausea (literally)

Please post full bug reports with the method of how you are connecting to your TV and the TV makes and models.

Also can you state the resolution you play in, the spec of HDMI cable that you are using.

(HDMI 1.4 minimum for XB1 @720p/1080p, XB1S/X support HDMI 2.0a/b at 1440p and 4K, XB1SeriesS supports HDMI 2.1 at 1440p and XB1SeriesX supports HDMI 2.1 at 4K).

Additionally @KeptnHaus please post a dxdiag (including motherboard make and model if it is not in the dxdiag) if you are still affected in 1.15

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@BarryBL thank you for your reply

The HDMI cable is the one delivered with box series x console. I see "ultra high speed" printed on it.

About the resolution I've already thought about this and I tested every available including some as low as 820x. Always the same problem.

The tv is Samsung UE43RU7102K

Maybe some additional info: I remember during my first rainy race I've seen some "water wall" following the car in front of me. I remember it was poorly rendered (this is why I remember this, it was really not at the same level as the rest of the view). Now this water wall is replaced by this blinking wall of light. So this degraded.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

@BarryBL some additional info (I always play "my carrier" mode so I didn't notice): last weekend my son played some other mode (F2, I don't remember the mode now, it is probably called "Grand Prix" it is in top right corner of "solo" screen) and he had a race in the rain. There was no rain issue like described here. I even took over the controller from him, slowed down to be passed by some drivers and raced them to see a glitch, but there was none.

 

So it looks it is really related to the "my carrier" mode.

Edited by KonradKar
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

FLASHING

have had this game and been league racing since 2010 with Codemasters F1.

This has been on the last two games, I use a epson 1080p projector and tried on on the old Xbox and now bought the series x to try and remedy but just as bad, the reason codemasters can't find this is because there equipment is fine with it, I tried all hdmi cables even bought new and upgraded to all fanatec gear but no difference at all.

Whilst it was playing in the wet I paused the F1 2020 game when this was happening took out the hdmi from the projector and plugged it directly into hdmi port on the TV and it worked perfectly, paused it again and plugged it back into the projector and the white tearing flashing in the top half of the screen re appears. 

This is definitely not a game hardware issue this is a display issue that codemasters needs to sort, this really could be a life and death situation with  as the flashing has now got very intense and un driveable please see my video on twitch .... webbsii....MSR Bacu at 1hr 33mins wed 14th April as it won't let me leave a link.

 

Also noticed that Limitless was suffering from it on the start of his Bacu race (on youtube) only three days ago, see for yourselves. 

Codemasters when this happens the cars and view turns a touch grainy and the cars seem to turn a touch translucent.

This has now started to happen in the dry at certain corners, you get flashing and also when the car in front kicks up some dirt from just off track.

Codemasters if you want to directly get involved and we can video call to show you first hand you are more than welcome as would love to get this sorted.

Webbsii

 

Edited by Webbsii
More info
Link to post
Share on other sites

> This has now started to happen in the dry at certain corners, you get flashing and also when the car in front kicks up some dirt from just off track.


I can confirm I've seen this at least during one race. Australia, the last corner, running a bit with a sun in front of me, no rain, every time on the same corner for a few milliseconds, when car was probably on some needed angle aginst the sun.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Webbsii said:

FLASHING

have had this game and been league racing since 2010 with Codemasters F1.

This has been on the last two games, I use a epson 1080p projector and tried on on the old Xbox and now bought the series x to try and remedy but just as bad, the reason codemasters can't find this is because there equipment is fine with it, I tried all hdmi cables even bought new and upgraded to all fanatec gear but no difference at all.

Whilst it was playing in the wet I paused the F1 2020 game when this was happening took out the hdmi from the projector and plugged it directly into hdmi port on the TV and it worked perfectly, paused it again and plugged it back into the projector and the white tearing flashing in the top half of the screen re appears. 

This is definitely not a game hardware issue this is a display issue that codemasters needs to sort, this really could be a life and death situation with  as the flashing has now got very intense and un driveable please see my video on twitch .... webbsii....MSR Bacu at 1hr 33mins wed 14th April as it won't let me leave a link.

 

Also noticed that Limitless was suffering from it on the start of his Bacu race (on youtube) only three days ago, see for yourselves. 

Codemasters when this happens the cars and view turns a touch grainy and the cars seem to turn a touch translucent.

This has now started to happen in the dry at certain corners, you get flashing and also when the car in front kicks up some dirt from just off track.

Codemasters if you want to directly get involved and we can video call to show you first hand you are more than welcome as would love to get this sorted.

Webbsii

 

You have not provided any information about how you connect to your displays, how many displays you have, the refresh rates you are using or whether you have tried framecapping.

Please add the additional info @Webbsii

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is insane. I have had this on an Xbox one and series x. It actually hurts my eyes and gives me such a headache. Can’t even get past the first corner. This has nothing to do with the display or platform it’s the game. I have tried multiple consoles on multiple displays with multiple HDMI leads. I also am starting to get small Flashes on some dry tracks when following.

Edited by GMC030
Link to post
Share on other sites

I must say it is gone for me!

 

I did nothing special. It is gone, just like that.

 

Maybe one thing: once I've played one race in the rain in a different mode than Your team (then I've seen there is no glitch). Since then, I've never seen this visual glitch in My team mode either.

 

Maybe this is some strange internal condition of this game and you should try rainy race in a different mode and it will be fixed. Maybe I've just had a good luck.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KonradKar said:

I must say it is gone for me!

I did nothing special. It is gone, just like that.

Maybe one thing: once I've played one race in the rain in a different mode than Your team (then I've seen there is no glitch). Since then, I've never seen this visual glitch in My team mode either.

Maybe this is some strange internal condition of this game and you should try rainy race in a different mode and it will be fixed. Maybe I've just had a good luck.

It is not a condition that anyone would like occurring for obvious reasons. However, to diagnose the issue requires replication and this is where the difficulty arises. It is not affecting everyone widely but is far from ideal for those where it does.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will revise my original comment. I believe this to be an issue with both the game and the console itself. Change your capture settings. I am playing at 4K and capture/recording settings where at 1080p. Changed it to 4K and it went away. Must be something to do with the frame rate in the rain. This has never happened with any other game. Play about with it if it comes back. Went away straight away when I played about with it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GMC030 said:

I will revise my original comment. I believe this to be an issue with both the game and the console itself. Change your capture settings. I am playing at 4K and capture/recording settings where at 1080p. Changed it to 4K and it went away. Must be something to do with the frame rate in the rain. This has never happened with any other game. Play about with it if it comes back. Went away straight away when I played about with it. 

@Webbsii @KeptnHaus @LozzerTheRef @matchoo23 does this help you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

After looking into this for a while, i have come to the conclusion that the flashes are from the spray from the car ahead. i can not find a fix for this, and messing with my visual settings does not work, i guess you’ll just have to stay ahead of the pack in the rain? 🤷‍♂️ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, AHodgeyy said:

After looking into this for a while, i have come to the conclusion that the flashes are from the spray from the car ahead. i can not find a fix for this, and messing with my visual settings does not work, i guess you’ll just have to stay ahead of the pack in the rain? 🤷‍♂️ 

It's possible. The raindrops on the camera give a certain visual distortion that you can either tolerate or simply find unacceptable. Marmite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

So the way I have fixed this bug on F1 2021 is by turning the particles in my graphics settings all the way off. It does remove the rain particles but I can handle with that for a race or two. It really rarely happens to me now, but as I said the way I fixed it on my computer was by turning off the particles option in graphics customization.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2021 at 5:31 PM, KonradKar said:

> I am playing at 4K and capture/recording settings where at 1080p. Changed it to 4K and it went away.

 

where exactly is the place to change it?

Sorry about the laaaaate reply. It’s in the console settings. To change your capture settings, press the Start button , and then select Settings > Gaming > Captures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GTJumper825 said:

So the way I have fixed this bug on F1 2021 is by turning the particles in my graphics settings all the way off. It does remove the rain particles but I can handle with that for a race or two. It really rarely happens to me now, but as I said the way I fixed it on my computer was by turning off the particles option in graphics customization.

If you are on a console just change the capture settings. It’s like the console is recording your screen even if you don’t want it to. So when your press capture it will grab the last few seconds of gameplay, the moment you press capture and until you stop. 
 

In the console settings, not the game. Go to settings and capture settings. Set it to the same as your TV/display/output settings. This should fix the issue for this and any other games. As soon as I matched the capture (from 1080p at default to 4K) to suit the resolution of the gameplay and my TV the issue went away. F1 2020 and didn’t return on F1 2021. I don’t use capture so that’s why I think it impacts the gameplay. It’s preparing for the possibility of a screen recording giving you a visual lag. The rain impacting  the frame rate somehow putting the capture and actual gameplay out of sync. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...