Sign in to follow this  

How long are races

Hi Im just asking how long races are.

how many laps are races for open wheelers, tourers, endurance.

In single player career mode, (used to playing f1 at full race distance)

thanks for your time.

Paul 7 June 2014 

Race lengths are customizable, with a maximum of 20 laps in normal races, 40 minutes for endurance. In career mode, I believe there's an option to increase race distances from their listed amounts using multiples. So, If you select 2x as your race distance, it will take the listed time or distance for each race and multiply it by two.

This is what I've gathered from updates and gameplay videos. I'm pretty sure it's correct, but Loore is free to interject if I've botched anything.

Most races look to be 3-4 laps depending on the length of the track and endurance events are 8 minutes at the default setting. But you can change them to be 2-5 times that. I know endurance goes up to 40 minutes if you want. I don't know what the maximum laps can be set to for regular races.

Open wheel and touring cars both have races that last up to 5 laps  you can choose to have 3,4 or 5 laps anyway Endurance races have a maximum time of 40 minutes all 3 disciplines have practice and qualifying though. Each stage of the career mode does have multiple races in them though so you have say a couple of races at Brands Hatch then another couple of races at another venue like Yas Marina. It looks like that career mode is structured in a similar way to the Shift games  but it's supposed to work in a similar way to the original Grid game as near as I can tell from vids and things I've seen.

I assume you're reffering to Grid Autosport right?