F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Will Take Two reinvent next years game F1 2021 or?

Im Wondering if codemasters is still going to make the game in the current format it does or will take two want an overhaul to the system and therefore will codemasters create a different style game to what we are used to ? A bit like when codemasters changed the style from when sony made it . 

Edited by TRJoey
spelling

Too late to change the game significantly at this point. The game will be released in 7-8 months and the devs have been working on it ever since they stopped working on F1 2018 (Codemasters have two alternating teams working on their F1 games these days). They'll just rename the game F1 2K21 and be done with it.

But the game after that might be very different. Look at the WWE games. WWE '13 came out in October/November 2012, 2K bought the license in February 2013, then WWE 2K14 came out in October 2013 (that's 8 months after the 2K acquisition). WWE 2K14 had basically zero influence from 2K apart from the title. Then WWE 2K15 came out and it had 2K's fingerprints all over it. Better graphics, models and lighting straight from their NBA games (going next-gen also helped) but also microtransaction ********. And they changed the gameplay so that it became more of a "simulation" AKA slow, difficult, frustrating and boring. In F1's case they probably won't screw it up too badly since the gameplay already scales so well from eSports professionals to mentally disabled kids with missing limbs and everything in between. 

More microtransactions is 100% going to happen. Take-Two just spent a cool billion to buy Codemasters so they need to make that money back ASAP. Say goodbye to the incredibly fair podium pass system of F1 2020. Have fun paying 5-7 euros extra for a pre-order booster DLC that unlocks all drivers for use in Grand Prix mode from the start. Or refuse to pay and then grind 2 weeks as Latifi before you can unlock your favorite driver/team. 

But hey, maybe Codemasters will finally get the resources to license and make more classic cars and even classic tracks (as a paid DLC, of course). 

Yes 2022 will be the full next gen game. Bit like 2015 was a flop but 2016 was much better. 

I’d hate to see more micro transactions. When you pay £65 for a next gen game and then additional cash to gain stuff, frustrates those who don’t have that money let alone the principal of not handing over additional cash. 

Yes the game needs a overhaul and is needed. With the power these new consoles bring it need to be utilised. How that will look will be interesting. A more immersive race weekend? The base game is there and visually 19 and 20 look much better. However the little things need looking at. Safety Car can be refined better, the wet weather transition needs to be longer and not a script. That’s just a toe in the water. 

2 hours ago, tarrantino said:

I’d hate to see more micro transactions. When you pay £65 for a next gen game and then additional cash to gain stuff, frustrates those who don’t have that money let alone the principal of not handing over additional cash. 

I don’t have a problem with spending extra money on a game. Actually, I’d love to see a € 20 - € 30 season pass with some additional content, like tracks and cars. 

I just hate the way they do it now, with the Podium Pass and the way they try to push you to purchase in game currency (for very dumb items, no F1 fan actually cares about anyway). 

After every race the Podium Pass is always in your face, very obtrusive and it ruins the game for me to the point that I just don’t bother anymore.

I’d buy a € 100 Deluxe Edition with season pass over this “mobile game type monetization” any day. 

DLC > microtransactions

Some of the animations aka when you go to the pits outside of a grand prix have been in since 2009.

The careers improved since the xbox 360  ps3 days but since 2017s practically been the same.

Never feels like a new game just car and driver updates and this is my biggest gripe!

• Disagree 1

11 hours ago, AdamFreeman said:

Some of the animations aka when you go to the pits outside of a grand prix have been in since 2009.

The careers improved since the xbox 360  ps3 days but since 2017s practically been the same.

Never feels like a new game just car and driver updates and this is my biggest gripe!

The F1 franchise suffers from the same issues as any other annual release. Most of the changes are cosmetic and only marginal improvements are made. Making large scale changes is very difficult with such a short window between releases.

• Agree 1